• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Howdy Folks

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2023
Well, well, well... I've been a long-time browser of this forum, Marriland, as well as a few others, but finally decided to register and post.

About Me:
I'm from Texas, USA... I've been playing Pokemon since Red and Blue touched down here in the states. I didn't play the original Metal-colored games, but I have played FR/LG, Emerald, Diamond, Platinum, Black, and Conquest. My favorite type of Pokemon is probably Fighting.

What Am I Playing Right Now?
Right now I am in the process of doing a Black Run, which I just posted my team info in the In Game Team Help thread to hopefully get some feedback. In addition, I'm trying my hand at a Leaf Green Nuzlocke challenge. Once I have my required posts to post pictures, I'll post in the Nuzlocke challenge thread.

My Favorite Pokes:
Alakhazam, Lucario, and Scyther!

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Hello there and welcome to PC!!
First of all thanks for the detailed introduction (:
I've been a fan of the series since the first games as well, and it's always nice to see other "veteran" players join us! How come you never got to play GSC?
If you still haven't, you should try out HeartGold or SoulSilver, they are a lot of fun :D

Fighting is also my favorite type, although it shares first place with electric.
I hope you get some good feedback on your team, is it the first time you play Black?
And good luck on that nuzlocke challenge! When you're done with it, you should definitely check out some of the other challenges in the Challenges thread, most of them are a ton of fun to play! And if you ever need anything, everyone loves to help out, so just ask ;)

Looking forward to see you around, have a great time! ^^

Years
A Marriland forumer, eh? I have an account there but don't think I've many any posts. ;( I do have some friends who go there though, so I'm thinking of exploring around to see what it's like.

Anyways, welcome to PokeCommunity!

Oh, you're from Texas? I'm actually going to San Antonio next month to see my boyfriend, which is super exciting. :D And a long time Pokemon fan, too?! Niice, same here! Glad to hear you're enjoying Black so far.. any plans to try the sequels, Black 2 & White 2? I may be praising them too much lately but they're really amazing and I'd recommend them to any Pokemon fan. Huge step up plot-wise from B/W and so many of my favorite Pokemon are available early on... including Riolu. ;P As a Lucario fan, I think you'd like that! By the way, good luck with getting team help. I'm not the best at rating teams and giving suggestions but we have a handful of people who are really good at it here.

Conquest was amazing, too. The story was kinda easy to beat but I'm still not finished with all the quests you get post-game. Not sure why I stopped playing but it definitely was a fun game with some of the coolest artwork. Maybe you'd take interest to explore and post around the Spinoff Games board? Glad you've already found the Challenges board as well and I'll be looking forward to your updates, being a big challenges fan myself!

That's all from this member - have a great stay on PC. Feel free to contact a mod if you need anything and remember to read the rules!

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2023
I have indeed played SoulSilver. Was happy to have a red Gyarados, but also disappointed with the after E4 options, really.

This will be my second playthrough of black, actually. I generally try to do three playthroughs so I can get one of each starter for the 'dex. This will actually be the first time I've benched a starter, really. Tepig just didn't do it for me. I have my shiny Mienshao from my first playthrough I'm going to trade over and I'm looking forward to trying out the other pokes. I plan to update the Nuzlocke thread as I play, but I am taking screenshots, so I'm wanting to be able to add my images. :)

And yes, I was a Marriland forumer for awhile, but I've hated the new layout since they joined with Curse, not to mention I lost my forum name in the merger. Blah, blah.

I've actually stopped playing Conquest for now as I'm trying to get through Black and White 2 in order to get myself ready for X/Y, which I am pumped for. And yes, I am quite happy to see that Riolu is an early snag in B2/W2, as I only have the DW Target edition currently, which I'm planning to keep in my box.

And yes, I am in fact in San Antonio. Small world :P Thank you both for the warm welcome.

Years
Marriland, eh? I watch his videos every day! They helped me a lot when I was playing B2/W2.

Anyways, welcome to PC Deftrance! I feel sad for what happened to you over at the Marriland Forums, I once had an account there but I'm not all that active there anymore, since his videos are great anyway. Since you're playing Black 2 right now, why not check out the Fifth Generation Gaming section here on PC! We have sections covering the other generations as well so go check them out if you can since some good topics emerge over there.

Have a great time here, read the rules or contact a moderator if you need assistance. I'm also happy to talk to you anytime, so just send me a VM!

- [supporter]Hikari10[/supporter]

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2023
Marriland, eh? I watch his videos every day! They helped me a lot when I was playing B2/W2.

Anyways, welcome to PC Deftrance! I feel sad for what happened to you over at the Marriland Forums, I once had an account there but I'm not all that active there anymore, since his videos are great anyway. Since you're playing Black 2 right now, why not check out the Fifth Generation Gaming section here on PC! We have sections covering the other generations as well so go check them out if you can since some good topics emerge over there.

Have a great time here, read the rules or contact a moderator if you need assistance. I'm also happy to talk to you anytime, so just send me a VM!

- [supporter]Hikari10[/supporter]

Thanks - I'm actually playing Black right now, but I'll be sure to check it out.

Back