• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Identity

Whose Overworld sprite do you want to see?

• ??? (The mysterious woman)

Votes: 29 42.6%
  • Aster

Votes: 14 20.6%
  • Kaius

Votes: 12 17.6%
  • Lilah

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • Sadie

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • Vivi

Votes: 6 8.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lizardman974

I'm honestly just that awesome
Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2013
CRUD! I lost to Deputy Sadie a second time, and this time, when I tried to go back through the refugee area, this screen came up after going through the cave-area:

Picture1-3.png

I can't even go back the long way! It is literally impossible for me to continue!

LassLaura

Pikachu Ga Gotoku
Years
I absolutely LOVE the Nostalgia Critic reference. "Change! You got change?" "Bum Chester would like to battle." I literally lol'd at that.
How did I miss that O.O I love Bum Reviews.

CRUD! I lost to Deputy Sadie a second time, and this time, when I tried to go back through the refugee area, this screen came up after going through the cave-area:

Spoiler:

I can't even go back the long way! It is literally impossible for me to continue!
...Stop losing?

Also VGAura, have you thought any more about what you're gonna do with Id and HMs?

lizardman974

I'm honestly just that awesome
Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2013
When you say stop losing, you sound like it's possible for me to battle her again. Also, the only reason I lost the second time was because my Vulpix fainted halfway through the battle and I had already used the revive.

Years
  • Seen Mar 6, 2011
In the first pokemon center, if you walk to the right of the cushions on the right, you walk into the blackness and you can walk down a little ways. Kinda surprised no one saw that xD

The Shiny Psyduck

<- Guess what game I'm playing
Years
Amazing hack! I downloaded the demo late last night, thinking I would play through the intro and continue in the morning, but I couldn't put it down! The scripted events are flawless, the plot amazing, and the game itself is fairly challenging, too. Can't wait for the next release!

MiniM00se

Toad in a stroller
Years
I watched Scathe's LP of this, and it was awesome! I loved the plot.

I'm trying to download it, and I did. It comes as an IPS file. But whenever I try to open it in No$GBA, it gives me this:
417ce59c-1.png

And when I try on VBA, it says unsupported file type. D:

Is there any way I can get it so it's a GBA file?

mattman324

Run to the hills, run for your lives!
Years
I watched Scathe's LP of this, and it was awesome! I loved the plot.

I'm trying to download it, and I did. It comes as an IPS file. But whenever I try to open it in No$GBA, it gives me this:

And when I try on VBA, it says unsupported file type. D:

Is there any way I can get it so it's a GBA file?

The point of it being an IPS file is so you can use Lunar IPS and patch it to an actual ROM.

Years
  • Seen Oct 25, 2013
this hack is awesome! but just letting you know if you lose a battle on the last part of the sewers, the part where you have to fight the police officer, you cant get back to where you were. i had to use the walkthrough walls to get back over there.

MiniM00se

Toad in a stroller
Years
The point of it being an IPS file is so you can use Lunar IPS and patch it to an actual ROM.
Um... *Googles Lunar IPS*

I got the program, but I don't understand how to patch it >.<

EDIT: Nevermind. I got it.

I'm playing right now, and it is epic!

But I ran in to one Poocyena, and decided to catch it. But I accidentally killed it. And I can't find another. IS THERE ONLY ONE POOCHYENA OR SOMETHING? (Sorry, I've been trying for a while)

Last edited:

cipE

Breaking
Years
Amazing, just beat it a while ago. The story plotwise is amazing.
I haven't played any hacks like this even though I haven't tried that many hacks before.
The dialogue is great, the hero's character is great and I don't really have a bad thing to say about this.
This is probably the first hack that has compelled me to beat it just because of the story. It's even challenging, but maybe that's because I chose Machop in the beginning.

When you say stop losing, you sound like it's possible for me to battle her again. Also, the only reason I lost the second time was because my Vulpix fainted halfway through the battle and I had already used the revive.

I don't know why you're losing, maybe your Vulpix is not at a high enough level. Honestly she was the easiest match up in the Sewer Chapter. I just used Vulpix to get rid of Heracross and my Machoke for her Aipom.

I really wish there was more, but I'll just wait until you release the next Beta.

Pachikip

Cracktastic
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 19, 2012
I can say that I've never been mad to complete something before now.
That was amazing! I love the story breaking from the general Pokemon theme and it's just fun to play. Silent protag speaks! That's even better!
I can't wait for the next release-- I'll probably be playing with this one for awhile too!

minime010

All food belongs to me.
Years
do you need a spriter? ill just do it for the fun of it if wanted. i just really want to see the completed Pokemon: IDENTITY. im replaying it right now i just have it minimized though.

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
I really can't wait for Beta 2. :3
Although I played it in back in January,
I think I'll play it again. :D

Years
So yeah this is like my first post. But anways, i thoroughly enjoyed this hack. The storyline and plot was incredible. I really liked how the intro flowed with character creation and all. There were really no flaws on this hack, it honestly kept me on the edge of my seat. I really hope for this hack to be completed. Rats off to ya! hahaha

Back