• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you hate Puzzles in Gyms?

Do you hate Gym Puzzles?

• Total voters

natbong00

Customs User Title
Years
Lt. Surge's was really crap honestly. I am pretty sure those switches are purely random, no challenge in that, just luck.

As for the rest, I think they're actually a good twist to the trainer-battle experience, even though I like battling too.

YOOM-TAH

Piplup Fanatic
Years
WHA?! I love them! I wish there were more puzzles throughout the game! I wouldn't be so hardpressed to say something like "Yeah I just wanna fight the damn trainers and leader and get out of there" if the battles weren't so freakin easy. The puzzles are harder than the actual battles. They actually make you think, rather than just hitting the same button on the same move over and over and OHKO-ing pretty much every opponent.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2008
I Like those puzzles because they exercise the mind and yes I do agree that they do get annoying.

Lynnx

half listening.
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 11, 2009
I like some of the puzzles, like Koga's or Blaine's. Those weren't so hard. But I hate the luck ones like Sabrina's or Lt. Surge's that are completely random- I have terrible luck with those. >.<

Gooberdued

< Is friggin' awesome
Years
  • Age 30
  • Utah
  • Seen Jul 26, 2008
The only ones that really got me were Lt. Surge in RBY, Sabrina (until I got pissed off and looked up a map online), and the 8th gym in RSE, that took me forever. I had to copy the thing down on a piece of graph paper, and then with a pencil I drew the path until I finally got it.

But I don't hate them, I like having some sort of puzzle in the gyms. They r makez me feelz smartz.

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 6, 2013
The only puzzle i didn't like was the Lt. Surge one, all the others i sometimmes go through for fun.
Mainly sinnoh and Hoenn, them two took gyms to new lengths.

Erbe

Misses the good old days :(
Years
id say yes and no, the only real one that PISSED ME OFF! was the lt surge one in pokemon rby, where you hit one switch and had to pick the other one out of like twenty other garbage cans, and if you picked wrong it reset and the first switch moved to another can! BAH!

Speaking of Puzzles.
I also hated Silph Co. for that matter?

oh god, silph co. , agreed.:\

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2008
The only good puzzle was the shell moving puzzle in Captain Crunch's gym from the 9th game, Pokemon: Oak Chronicles.

Remember having to flip all those cards over just so you could fight his lv 89 Weepinbell and lose miserably?

Fun fun times, man I havent played that game in years. *grabs old Megadrive*

AJ™

ANGRY FAIC!!!
Years
The only good puzzle was the shell moving puzzle in Captain Crunch's gym from the 9th game, Pokemon: Oak Chronicles.

Remember having to flip all those cards over just so you could fight his lv 89 Weepinbell and lose miserably?

Fun fun times, man I havent played that game in years. *grabs old Megadrive*

What are you talking about? o-o;

Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2011
They're fine. People who want to do the puzzles can do them, and many who can't can just check a walkthrough. Still, I like them because they kind of take your mind off the battling a little, which can be refreshing.

Years
  • Seen Aug 12, 2008
Some say that the gym puzzles are fun, but to be honest with everyone of you, I hate them. It is so annoying to have to solve them and then when you leave to go heal or something you have to do the puzzles all over again. The ones like Rustborough and Eterna gyms I like 'cause you don't have to solve a puzzle to get to the gym leader.

Back