• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Complaining about hax (Featuring Z+V)

Years
Yo Pokecommunity,

So today I was playing NU on the Pokemon Online server, and I got matched up against one of the top PO battlers, Z+V. I really respected Z+V before the battle, because we were one of the few people that really plays NU, and we've both been top 10 in the ladder. I've only battled Z+V a few times before in Tournaments, so I didn't really know his team.

At the start of the of the battle, we both said Gl to each other, but after missing his second fire blast and hitting his first(fire miss), the complaining began! And after getting a crit with pursuit mid-game on his altaria (which didn't matter), the person that I respected was getting really angry and started swearing.

The only other hax I got was a drain punch crit on his Gurdurr late game, which didn't matter that much as i could have easily predicted the double switch to skuntank and stayed in or just stalled out the gurdurr with drain punch.

But in Z+V's eyes, every bit of hax (there were only 2) was a game-breaking one, and even if it was, an intelligent player would just ignore it. The complaining was eventually too much for me that we started a really big argument:
Z+V: ****ing hax
Z+V: FUC
Z+V: ***** HAX
Z+V: FFFFFFF
woohooFTW: it just made the process faster...
Z+V: No.
Z+V: I won without your random hax
woohooFTW: switch to musharna
woohooFTW: pursuit
woohooFTW: gurduurr
woohooFTW: does a quarter
Z+V: Taunt + Pursuit
woohooFTW: moonlight
woohooFTW: repeat
Z+V: KIll your Musharna
woohooFTW: done
Z+V: I can predict you, you're so predictable
woohooFTW: i switch every time lol
Z+V: Hi Taunt and Pursuit
woohooFTW: w/e
Z+V: That **** your Musharna

That was only a bit of the argument/complaining, and if you want to see the whole thing, the log is here:
Spoiler:

So that was the story of having a person I respect complain like a 10-year-old.

Feel free to post in this thread with your story of someone complaining about hax!

Peace Out

Fire Flyy

metaphysical poet
Years
Eh it's not a big deal, he's probably not even that good if he has to do that and just looks good because nu is a small player base

Last edited:

dragonnathan025

Pokemon Breeder
Years
Um... aren't hax things that have a chance of happening, or am I really off there?

Most the stuff that happened either has a 100% of happening, or was a 1/16 chance. How are these hax and not dumb luck by a random generator built into the game?

Fire Flyy

metaphysical poet
Years
Um... aren't hax things that have a chance of happening, or am I really off there?

Most the stuff that happened either has a 100% of happening, or was a 1/16 chance. How are these hax and not dumb luck by a random generator built into the game?

things that have a chance of happening and effect an otherwise "flat" game [like scald scoring a burn], it is a random generator basically

dragonnathan025

Pokemon Breeder
Years
Alright, just making sure. So, how can you complain about hax when it's only a chance of happening? You can complain if it's the Flinchkiss or Flinchachi, but for crits? Can't really complain about those.

Xatumi

Mech-Zoid
Years
  • Seen Jun 29, 2014
This happens if not most of the time, quite frequently. I just end up finishing the battle whoopin a** and closing the window and looking for a new battle.

No one is ever worth a response when they are confrontational in my opinion.

dragonnathan025

Pokemon Breeder
Years
Seriously, whoever gets mad about luck not smiling on them needs to buck up and take it with a grin. I laugh whenever anyone gets a lucky or unnecessary crit.

Years
I tend to say things like "Stupid Hax >_>" or "You're so lucky you got that hax.." but I never really get into an argument, because Pokemon is Pokemon is and battling is battling. There's always going to be hax and you can't do anything about it. And half the time hax will go in your favor: "woohooFTW: OK FINE YOU GOT HAXED ARE YOU HAPPY NOW?"

So I see no reason to get upset.

Back