• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Ceil

Regarding graphics...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

marcc5m

what
Years
well... I'd only play this if the graphics are good... for me games are better with gorgeous graphics..

Then I'd recommend you stop playing Pokémon.

This is EXACTLY what is wrong with the community and why crap like Flora Sky is being drooled over and hacks that are actually good get ignored, and one of the reasons I quit hacking before...

lizzzz

I want to be the very best!
Years
Don't be discouraged! A good hack for me has an inventive storyline and thoughtful scripting! I'm looking forward to your work :)

kebbles

Rom Hacker.
Years
Then I'd recommend you stop playing Pokémon.

This is EXACTLY what is wrong with the community and why crap like Flora Sky is being drooled over and hacks that are actually good get ignored, and one of the reasons I quit hacking before...

Lol everyone is different and we all come here to play the hacks that intrest us.
So what that someone only cares about graphics, obviously they like to play games with good graphics.
Thats one of the reasons why u quit? Jeez you mustnt of been very passionate then because it doesnt matter, if you enjoy hacking then small things like that shouldnt phase you, or if u think the community has a problem then why start a new hack on here again?
The good games dont get ignored, virtually every hack posted on here has at least 5 fans so i dont really see where your coming from fireworks.

marcc5m

what
Years
Lol everyone is different

You're right. Some people are incredibly stupid.

ANYWAY, poll results!

Most people wanted me to go back to FireRed graphics!

...But I'm going to do what I want, and stick with the current graphics!
Update coming next week since I'm too busy to hack this week :)

PokemonMasters

Always Remember Forever&After
Years
You're right. Some people are incredibly stupid.

ANYWAY, poll results!

Most people wanted me to go back to FireRed graphics!

...But I'm going to do what I want, and stick with the current graphics!
Update coming next week since I'm too busy to hack this week :)

Actually, you cant blame them If they don't want to play a game with awesome graphics. The Pokemon Games now have cool graphics. Btw, I don't get how sticking with the current graphics slows production unless you lost the ROM.. and what for to post the poll if in the end you choose what you want? :p

marcc5m

what
Years
Actually, you cant blame them If they don't want to play a game with awesome graphics. The Pokemon Games now have cool graphics. Btw, I don't get how sticking with the current graphics slows production unless you lost the ROM.. and what for to post the poll if in the end you choose what you want? :p

I've explained this already. Please read previous posts.

Yes, yes they are..
Will there be any asm routines?

No asm but there might be some ASM.

marcc5m

what
Years
I hate when posts get deleted before I can read them :(

Anyway...

UPDATE!
It has been a long, long time since I've posted with that fancy update text...but here is an update!
...Kinda!?
I re-uploaded the video :)

Also if anyone knows of a good Regigigas pixel art suitable for a title screen let me know asap please :)

marcc5m

what
Years
Do you plan on fixing the Battle Background animation at some point?

Eventually, yes. If I'm being honest I don't have a clue when it comes to battle backgrounds, Dr. Fuji inserted them for me.

True, its looks weird and un-natural.
Is larvitar the starter or?

No. As you can see at the end of the video, Leon took the Larvitar.
The starters will be the original Kanto starters.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
Eventually, yes. If I'm being honest I don't have a clue when it comes to battle backgrounds, Dr. Fuji inserted them for me.

No. As you can see at the end of the video, Leon took the Larvitar.
The starters will be the original Kanto starters.
If I can remember how I'll help you do it at some point.

Video looks good, I especially like the sliding of Leon :P.

marcc5m

what
Years
UPDATE!

It's been a year today since I posted this thread. To celebrate, here is my first script of 2012!

fenxqh.png
21llh76.png
206n583.png

Yeah it's just a starter script...but at least it's progress!

kebbles

Rom Hacker.
Years
UPDATE!

It's been a year today since I posted this thread. To celebrate, here is my first script of 2012!

fenxqh.png
21llh76.png
206n583.png

Yeah it's just a starter script...but at least it's progress!

The lab looks nice, the tiles are professional and the room next to it looks intresting.
Once the starter script is out the way progress seems to run smoother.
Looks good​

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
I hope you post something new soon, I want a hack to play and nothing is sticking out to me.

marcc5m

what
Years
hey i decided to add the new pokemon to my hack so people will like it more but there\s a problem they dont have movesets and types and stuff revealed yet so im just going to make stuff up and make evolutions up for them too, fenekin will evolve into a fire/fiteing werewolf, croky will b a pure water thing and grass rat will be grass and dragon, also pokemon x will just have dialgas stats.

EDIT/POST COMMENT REPLY: "u are a huge ******" Sorry, maybe I'll add one or two of virizion's moves too.

Last edited:

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
hey i decided to add the new pokemon to my hack so people will like it more but there\s a problem they dont have movesets and types and stuff revealed yet so im just going to make stuff up and make evolutions up for them too, fenekin will evolve into a fire/fiteing werewolf, croky will b a pure water thing and grass rat will be grass and dragon, also pokemon x will just have dialgas stats.

EDIT/POST COMMENT REPLY: "u are a huge ******" Sorry, maybe I'll add one or two of virizion's moves too.

I don't think this is a good idea. I mean, by the time you're even close to releasing this, the official sprites will be out by then and spriters will probably already have them re-sized to fit in a gba hack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back