• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
Nice!!

Yeah chaining can be really stressful, i remember chaining nincada and i got to 38, and it broke, the next time it broke at 36 i wanted to smash my ds. I also chained ralts and failed like 20 times.... my best is 35 -.-. But i have a lot of chain shinys (around 20 species) Gl on your other chains.

Kitori

[FONT=impact][COLOR=#000000][I][b] V A L K Y R I E
Years
@PekoponTAS: GRATS Peko! Now I want to try chaining even more than before. >< I'm so jealous!

Ugh, guys, I want to curb stomp my DS. xD ~9000 REs and no shiny... with the shining charm. What the heck?! I'm even more worried than before that I've just been missing them by not paying attention but I feel like that's unlikely since none of the ones in the area are subtle...

Years
Congratulations Bern on the Ponyta and Peko on the Pachirisu!

So it's looking very doubtful I'll get a shiny this spring break, with only an hour left to hunt ):
However I far surpassed my goal of 5,000 Moltres SRs, so I'll throw some numbers at you:
Dialga SRs: 2675
Moltres SR: 5415
Eevee MM: 1750 Eggs hatched

Last edited:

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Congrats on the shiny Dunsparce, Spritingyoshi22!

Of course I remember you, Lunafloon! Welcome back! Congrats on the shinies!

Congrats on the shiny Ponyta, Bern!

Congrats on the shiny Pachirisu, Peko! I like the drawings.

This week's random hunt is... Venipede!

fishyfins

Reality Sculptor
Years
Hey guys! Ive finally finished replaying all the games i had stolen from me, and have fully completed the national pokedex on white 2 to get my shiny charm! all my special pokes (including my shinies) have been transfered to White 2 as well. So now, i can start my shiny hunts! I think first, i will hunt for Sandile :)TO THE DESERT RESORT! *rushes off*

PekoponTAS

Game Boy Advance Fan
Years
I got another shiny, but in a kind of odd way. I actually traded one of my shiny Pachirisu to Kitori for her Shiny Lunatone that she caught a few pages back. I had intended to hunt a lunatone eventually, and she wasn't too thrilled when she got her Lunatone, and since I had two other shiny Pachirisu from my chaining, we traded! Normally getting shinies in trades isn't that special, but when you get one in a trade with someone you know, and also when you know that person got it 100% legit, it's still pretty exciting. : )

Years
Sorry i meant to post this weeks ago but couldn't find my usb cord for my phone. But here it is my lovely pokemon who i call Stickybuns. Caught it in a moon ball, I was leaving from a clamperl swarm and decided to start hatching eggs again for a shiny vulpix, no luck so far around 2300 eggs and still nothing. Still trying to get one but this will satisfy me for the time lost. For ditto's nature doesn't matter to me and neither are the stats, haven't checked iv's but this will only be as a trophy.
View attachment 68020

View attachment 68021

View attachment 68022

View attachment 68023

Kitori

Years
@TheShinyEevee: I hope you got something! I'm sure you're at least getting close to a moltres shine! ^_^

@Fishyfins: Congrats on your shining charm and good luck with your sandile!

@PekoponTAS: I'm sure it will be much happier with you than in my PC box. =p

@nizare18: Congrats on the shiny ditto! I actually had a shiny ditto back when I still had my copy of Pearl. I think I got really lucky with the pokeradar on that one... I was just looking for a ditto with it and got a shiny, I didn't know about chaining at the time. ^^;

EDIT 10:36AM: AHHH SHINY ABSOL! ^___^ I'm so happy!

d6860c82-0c9e-449d-9136-302796cdd89e.jpg

6707 total battles but with the double grass I would estimate 8383-8920 total REs. It's nature is Rash which isn't a good one for it... but I don't care. x3

Oh, and it can learn rain dance so that's two for the monthly challenge!

Last edited:
Years
Well, no shiny news yet V_v havent done any sr's just random encounters.

I am currently on the hunt for some more gameboy advanced cartridges so far i found a copy of sapphire at a garage sale for 5$ which i picked up in a heartbeat. I might order crystal online just for nostalgia as i lost my childhood copy (i think...) anyways i want to have more cartidges to hunt on so... Ill be scouting around. I am also looking for some cheap SP's. Hopefully i get a bargain, my friend got pokemon red,blue,yellow,crystal, firered and emerald all for 40$.... so lucky ;3..

Edit: Chained phanpy to 34 and taking a break for now! Shiny donphan is going to look sweet! ;)

Last edited:

Kitori

Years
No more shiny hunting yet for me... I'm trying to decide what to do now! All that hunting on route 14 kind of jaded me on REs while I was doing it... but now that I got the absol I kind of want to jump back into it! LOL. Akali the absol is now EV trained and I'm working on leveling her to 100. ^_^; I might go back to MMing for zorua...

@Bern: Good luck with your GBA cartridge hunt! I've been battling with myself over re-buying a DS Lite so I could play GBA games and still transfer them over to the DS games but I think I'm leaning towards not doing that... I would mostly want it for shiny hunting in Gen III, but with the rumors of them remaking R/S I might just wait and save the money. Good luck with your phanpy hunt too!

PekoponTAS

Game Boy Advance Fan
Years
I decided to do another chaining hunt to catch another of my favourite, oddly cute Pokemon, and this was actually a pretty easy hunt since the area of grass was so huge that it made chaining it really easy. I got to fourty on my first try, and ended up catching three shiny Chatot before I got one I liked and ended the chain.

shinychatot.png

(he's holding a blue shard because I'm going to trade him to platinum and teach him some move tutor moves)

I named it Dinty after my Grandma's parrot, and while it's not the greatest nature, it has really good ivs, so I was fine with that. I'll trade one to heart gold of course, then I don't know what I'll do with the third one. :/

Still, that's another shiny for me! I think now with the four shiny battlers I have, I could beat the round 2 elite four in black 2 with basically no problems. I might even be able to take on the challenge mode round 2 elite four! I also notice that this is another bird shiny I have. (Torchic and Pidgeot being the others)

In case you were wondering, the other two are named Chitchat and Chatbot.

Years
Nice shiny chatot! ^_^. I reached up to 40 phanpy on my chain, im going to get shiny patches tommorow though, im so tired ><. Anyways, havent done any Srs yet still at 5400! i hope for 6000 by the end of next week. Gah.... that Drifloon is being stubborn with me ._.

Kitori

Years
@Peko: GRAAAAAAAAATS. I still want one. >3 I guess I need to run into another shiny that I don't want and you do. Haha. I also really need to play through a IV gen game again so I can try my luck with radar chaining. Grr..

fishyfins

Reality Sculptor
Years
Gratz on the Chatot Pekopon, i always liked that as a shiny :)

seems to be quite a revival in chaining here recently. I remember the time i taught myself how to chain with horror, it was so hard! I never did get that shiny Ponyta i wanted. maybe ill go back and get it later in the week.

Shiny sandile hasnt appeared for me yet. currently at 1723 RE in Relic Castle, with 1360 of those being on white 2 with shiny charm, and the other 363 on my white from when i was dual hunting last night. Still a way to go methinks!

Years
congratz on the shiny chatot, I have no luck whatsoever with chaining and to date haven't gotten a chain past 33, it always breaks. Sad to say my chances of getting a random one is higher than chaining lol.

unowen

The Wanderer
Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Hi there! I like shiny Pokemon--some of them.

I have found some shiny Pokemon (without cheats) and that was shocking. At first I didn't know it. But I caught them--thank goodness my first shiny Pokemon was the one that's got noticeable color change.

I gotta admit I didn't expect shiny when I found them. When I urged for shiny, it won't come out at all. The chances are so low, >_>
Cheats are probably the best way to get 100% chance of shiny *my cousin used it once*

And I can remember this one, too. I was playing with old Pokemon games (the ones like FireRed) and encountered a Shiny Pidgey. I haven't received Pokeballs back then.............................................

Kitori

Years
@unowen: We're all about finding them without cheats or RNG abuse. ^_^ The chances ARE low, but that's what's so fun about finding them! You found something that has a very low chance of being encountered. It can get tedious doing thousands of random encounters, soft resets, egg hatches, etc but once you see the sparkle it's all worth it. (In my opinion anyway!)

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Pffft wow, three shiny Chatot. Congratulations. {:

Now I want to try my hand at chaining again. I've never even hit 20...I need a lot of practice haha. Nothing to update on, though. I haven't had much luck lately with shinies. My last one was last year- a Golbat on White version.

PekoponTAS

Game Boy Advance Fan
Years
Looks like I've just been really lucky the past couple months. I was level grinding my shiny Chatot when I stumbled upon this!

audino.png

While not a shiny I'll ever use, it's at least a nice one unlike the lame Zebstrika I randomly found. This is also the third shiny I've caught with a gentle nature. >_< This is the second fifth gen shiny I've caught on my black 2 file with the shiny charm, so if I catch another that means it will apply to the yearly quest! : )

Funny thing is that when I found it, I threw a repeat ball at it and it was a Critical Capture. XD My luck has to run out sooner or later.

I also notice that all of my shinies have a partner.
Pidgeot + Torchic = Golden Birds
Zebstrika + Audino = Fifth generation purple shinies found by accident.
Beedrill + Lunatone = hovering blue eyed shinies
Pachirisu + Chatot = Chained Pink Shinies.

Last edited:

unowen

The Wanderer
Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
@unowen: We're all about finding them without cheats or RNG abuse. ^_^ The chances ARE low, but that's what's so fun about finding them! You found something that has a very low chance of being encountered. It can get tedious doing thousands of random encounters, soft resets, egg hatches, etc but once you see the sparkle it's all worth it. (In my opinion anyway!)

Yep, I also agree with you ^^
Too bad all those shinies I found were in my real GBA catridges, which I know are 90% likely to be unusable anymore after the years. Now I want to try it with my emulator. Anyone else doing it in an emulator? Is Masuda method also working in emulator?

Back