• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

fishyfins

Reality Sculptor
Years
Well, ive been hunting for Sandile, and ive not found him yet. But then tis lil guy popped up. Sassy nature.

This is on White 2, after 2220 REs in Relic Castle, and sometimes dual hunting with White, with 834 REs on that. so 3054 overall. Still gonna keep hunting for Sandile :)

I seem to have had a string of green shinies XD

EDIT 6 HOURS LATER: The shiny gods are smiling upon me today! This little lady just popped up on my copy of White after another 6 hours of dual hunting!

Calm nature, with intimidate as the ability! booya!

As i say, this came from my copy of White, obviously with no shiny charm (so totally unexpected), with a total of 1183 REs in Relic Castle. I have a total of 2598 REs on White 2 as well, giving a grand total of 3781 REs to get this Sandile. So yeah, 2 shinies, 6 hours apart, from 2 different games, in a total of 3781 REs. I feel so happy ^^

Last edited:
Years
Well, after getting the chain to 40, i reset the radar around 50 times and got a shiny patch!

Shiny phanpy woohoo!!! I would add pics but phanpy regular and shiny have barely any difference. Ill post pic when i evolve it. Plus its adamant natured with my synchro! :D

Edit: got a second patch! It has a serious nature!
Edit: got a third patch!
Edit:got a fourth patch! wow!
Edit: got fifth patch! wowowwww after 2 resets too!

Last edited:

SuspectedElk

Two Tailed Wonder
Years
Hiya! Just came across this thread via google and wanted to join in. :)

Shinies I own: Charizard, Virizion, Regirock, Sneasal, Dratini, Haxorus

My primary hunt at the moment is Regice at 3,000 SRs and counting. Also doing some secondary hunting in the double grass of Route 20 in Unova.

I'm really happy to have found a group that shares my excitement for shinies! Can't wait to participate in the weekly/monthly/yearly hunts, and get to know some of you guys.

PekoponTAS

Game Boy Advance Fan
Years
@Fishyfins: Congratulations on the sandshrew and Sandile! Both of those guys evolve into pretty awesome shinies. : )

@Bern: Congratulations on the Shiny Phanpy! Chaining is pretty fun, isn't it. : ) Feels a bit more like you're still playing a game when you chain rather than just hoping for a shiny to pop up randomly. (though a random shiny is still more exciting to find)

@SuspectedElk: Welcome to the group! The yearly and monthly quests are pretty cool since it gives you a goal if you're not sure what to go for next. Make sure you drop in on the chatroom too. Me and a few other people are in there fairly often, and we've been hoping to get some more people to show up regularly. : )

As for me, I did some more chaining, and while I was originally planning on looking for Meditite, I stumbled upon a Graveler and thought I'd go for that. I'm really happy I was able to get it. : )

graveller.jpg

I got two of them, and traded and evolved one of them. I'm keeping the other one a graveler.

golemv.jpg

(get it? Granite rhymes with Janet)

A couple noteworthy things happened in this hunt. I used up one of my three Masterballs on the first shiny graveler since I didn't know if Graveler using selfdestruct would break my chain or not. I later found out it doesn't, so I essentially wasted a Master Ball. I ran into four shiny gravelers, but only managed to catch two of them. After that I burned through fourty super repels without seeing any more shiny patches, so I eventually got frustrated and gave up on the chain. Neither of these gravelers are super great in terms of ivs, but that doesn't matter to me since Golem is another one of those really classic Kanto Pokemon, which makes me happy to have any shiny of it. I may not like the Kanto games too much anymore, but I'm still nostalgic for the Kanto Pokemon. There was also a close call where I walked into the wrong patch of grass after I caught my first shiny, but the chain kept going anyways.

Anyhoo, good luck to everyone, and here's hoping we keep finding shinies at the pace we have been lately. : )

Years
I caught two more shiny phanpy's lol. That brings my total to 7! I plan on catching ten of them, so 3 more to go. My next chain targets will probably be porygon or oddish. I still am hunting drifloon, but its on hold, 5400 sr. Anyways, till next time.

@PEKO: Gz on the graveler, ive tried that like 5 times and failed each one... rofl. Maybe we should try and chain the same pokemon and do a race. XD

Last edited:
Years
Wow there are tons of new shinies!
Congrats to:
Bern on the Ponyta, all those Phanpys (one of my favourite pokemon!)
Peko on the Pachrisu, Chatot, Audino, and Graveler!
Nizare18 on the Ditto!
Kitori again on the Absol!
Fishyfins on the Sandshrew and Sandile!

And welcome to all new members that have joined!

Anyone mind sending some luck over my way here? Pretty much got over the odds collectively without a shiny since I started hunting again D:< Anyone still doing 1/8192 hunting? Maybe that's why I feel droughtful lol :3

In other news, trying to keep up with hunting despite school, making myself a new signature card, and going to try to get Eevee live for my 50 sub special.
Dialga: 3260 SRs
Moltres: 6360 SRs
Eevee: 1890 Hatched

EDIT:
I have a game for us all to play! Open the spoilerrrrr!!

Spoiler:

EDIT: Made a new background for the chat too. I think I'm on a roll :3

Last edited:
Years
Well i got to 7 phanpys and broke the chain accidentally, well whatever.. im going to do some RE's im bored of chaining lol.

PekoponTAS

Game Boy Advance Fan
Years
I filled in the shiny meme thing. I think you'll pretty easily figure out that my favourite colours are blue, green and yellow. (Green being my favourite of the three)

Spoiler:

You know I should probably make more of an effort to get some of these shinies. I only have 3 of them out of 30.

Last edited:
Years
I don't know how to make a spoiler.. so lol here's mine!

mwf8gn.png

I have a thing for blues and yellows, my favorites are drifloon (which ive done 5400 srs), chandelure (2000+ MM eggs for litwick), and cloyster (havent started a hunt yet. The only one that i have on this list is donphan as of yesterday. :/

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Here's a quick update:

I'm up to around 32 REs in various parts of Sinnoh, using Sweet Scent in hopes of saving time.

Also have been chaining. I finally know how and currently am chaining Floatzel, only because it was what I ran into right away. I currently am seven chains in and still going. Considering my best (before really learning how) was 12, I'm thinking I'll be able to beat that pretty easily. ;D I really need to stock up on repels, though.

Last edited:

PekoponTAS

Game Boy Advance Fan
Years
Well, I managed to eek out one more chained shiny before Sunday, and this is the most excited I've gotten about a chained shiny. Not only because it's one of my favourite Pokemon from Kanto and a really cool green shiny, but also because it was my most difficult chain hunt so far.

mrslime.png

The patch of grass for Mr. Mime in platinum is pretty cramped, so chaining it was very time consuming and difficult. Also once I finally got the chain to fourty, it took about 40 super repels before I finally found a shiny patch. I was actually pretty mad by the time I found it, but I was still excited. It has a timid nature and has the filter ability, but the downside is that aside from special attack, it has absolutely horrible ivs. Every stat is in the single digits except for special attack and special defense. : <

I was only able to get one because I was so fed up with the hunt by the end of it that I ended it right after I caught the first one. I figured that the one I caught was good enough , and I'd just be wasting my time to try and get a better one. I may sound mad, but I'm actually really thrilled to have a shiny Mrs. Lime. = )

Years
Look it up on smogon, there is a complete guide their. There may also be a guide on here if you look around, but im not too sure. The basics is that chaining is encountering 40 of the same pokemon in a row using the pokeradar, maximizing you chances of encountering a glittery shiny patch. It can be difficult or easy dependign on what you want to get. I find it to be stressful yet rewarding.

@PEKO: My hardest chain was larvitar, took forever to get good patches to show up. Took like 2 hours and only got two shinies out of it. And if you like shiny pokemon that are blue, I suggest ponyta :)

fishyfins

Reality Sculptor
Years
Heres my shiny hutning mere!

Spoiler:

Ive decided that for my next hunt, ima gonna go get a shiny Tentacool! Tally ho!

Years
Nice to see so many people filling the meme in! ^^

Congrats Peko on the Mr. Mime :D

Just as some news, I have been working on the xat chat so there are now pages such as FAQs, contest info and a comments page on there. There is also a brand new background on the chat itself and behind it. Hopefully the revamp will attract some to chat there :3

Also, I'm going to be taking shiny hunters club promotional image requests for a bit. I do have school so they may not be done instantaneously, but if you want a personalised shiny collection trainer card/userbar/whatever for your signature, or an avatar or profile pic or pretty much anything, be sure to PM me! :D

Years
  • Seen Apr 24, 2013
Hi everyone! My name is Rai, and I was wondering if I could join this club! I used to be apart of an old Shiny Hunters Club but it died out fast. My current shiny collection is in my signature, or it should be xD. I made the card myself. I can offer to make some for other people if they want! I have a hunt that has been ongoing since BW1 came out. My shiny Volcarona hunt is currently over 275,000 Soft Resets. I don't want to talk about it.... But, aside from that, I have started a shiny quest on my Soul Silver and i have my Shiny Chikorita and 1 badge! I am hunting in Route 33 (I believe). and I only have 19 Encounters so far xD!

Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2014
Hello. My name is ExeTheTyphlosion. I would like to join
the Shiny Hunters Club. I have caught 3 shinies, but I own 4. I own a Shiny Entei, a Shiny Smoochem, and a Shiny Spinarak. My friend gave me a Shiny Raikou, but I don't count it.

Years
I think i have a good idea to tie in with the pokémeme thing that TheShinyEvee offered, after we have filled it in, we should have a competition to see who can get one of their faves from each region by 1/8192 odds or masuda method, i think it would be fun :)

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2013
Spoiler:

say hello to my fifth shiny Zubat...... i now have a Zubat and Patrat army, ready to take over the world......

Yes, im still alive, but it seems like the shinys now hate me, as they arent coming as much as they used to.

Well, i wanted anything OTHER than a Zubat in this cave, now i believe im just goning to follow the swarms in the game for now

Back