• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Previous PotM Winner][JUNE] What is the one quote you live by, if any?

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Religious ties aside, what's the one quote you've heard and you haven't forgotten? Has it shaped the person you are today and want to be in the future? What does it mean to you?

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
I've lived by quite a few quotes, but it's these two in particular.

Don't judge a book by its cover.

I've lived with that quote through my whole life and it's done me a ton of good. Don't judge a person by their race, if they have a disability or not, clothes don't make a person. It's what is on the inside that should be of importance to you. I've learnt to not judge people just by their looks and because of that, I've made some really good friends over the years and it's made life much easier.

Nothing is impossible.

I've always used this one to motivate myself. When I think something is too difficult and almost give up trying. Nothing is impossible, if you set your mind to it. I've always remembered this quote- it's wonderfully simple but has a huge meaning to it.

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
Years
You reap what you sow.

This statement is one of the truest phrases ever recorded: you reap what you sow. If you sow the seeds to a bad reputation, likewise you will reap the fruit of a poor reputation - if you make an action, you'll receive the consequences of doing so. I always keep this in mind when carrying something out; if I didn't I'd probably be far more impulsive than I am.

Ignorance is bliss.

Ignoring something that you probably shouldn't be involved is one of the most satisfying experiences: you can watch from the sidelines. If there's a large amount of drama going on and you ignore it and just watch it unfold, you'll have a blissful experience. A while ago, I used to attempt to stick my nose into everything. After discovering this delight of a quote, however, it's occurred to me that ignoring something unimportant to you can be really enjoyable!

Last edited:
Years
My quote is in the signature. This quote comes from my idol Ayrton Senna. I can never know when I can lose something/someone or die, because it can happen in a split of second.

Years
I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it - Evelyn Beatrice Hall

I'm very big on peoples right to their opinion, and on equality, and whilst I admit I sometimes stray from the example of this quote accidentally I try to live by that example.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
forget where it is from but "You have got to be cruel to be kind"

I believe this helps in the long run as it will help my daughter when she is an adult.

Years
While it's not so much a quote as it is a saying, I've always lived by "Treat others the way you want to be treated." If you're going to act like a jerk to someone, don't expect them to bend over backwards to be nice to you. But if you try and stay in a somewhat positive mood, it usually gets others around you feeling the same way, which is a lot better than everyone being angry or generally unhappy.

Creame

Dreams take you higher ♥
Years
I live by quite some quotes, but one I've been thinking of a lot would have to be
Life's one big party but you must put the garlands up yourself..

Virgilin

Salmon Fishing in Vulcan
Years
Starting is finishing. -Unknown
It has helped me get important stuff done throughout my life. It makes me avoid procasination. Hehe ^^

Honest

Hi!
Years
"There's more to living than being alive"

Cause it's true, isn't it? You could sit around and do nothing, and live. But that's not living life, not at all.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I previously was browsing this thread with no intention to reply, because I don't have an answer.

Then it occurred to me that I kind of do.
I now will just direct you to the quote in my signature. What's the fun in life, if you don't take any risks? {:

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
"A day without laughter is a day wasted." - Nicholas Chamfort

I think that you've gotta have a good chuckle, because it makes you feel a lot better than if you didn't. The quote is definately true; you waste a day if you don't laugh at something.

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
Years
Some winners.

"Fake it 'til you make it."

"When in doubt, get the hell out."

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes."
-The Fourth Doctor, Doctor Who

"Swooping is bad."

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it."

Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2013
Nothing is impossible.

I've always used this one to motivate myself. When I think something is too difficult and almost give up trying. Nothing is impossible, if you set your mind to it. I've always remembered this quote- it's wonderfully simple but has a huge meaning to it.

I have always disliked that quote.

*tilts head with glasses over nose*

Tetrakeet

Lilligant's Caretaker
Years
"Choose your friends wisely." A good friend (potentially) can make your life wonderful. A bad friend can (potentially) make your life terrible.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I don't have a specific thing to quote here, but my dad always told me never to judge people because they're different. I think that's important. I wish other people his age and older knew that, since it's usually older people that are guilty of doing so. I think that's very important to teach at a young age, and I don't think that it sticks with a lot of kids as well as it stuck with me.

I actually just told my mom off for saying something about some girl with tattoos on her legs today. I told her that it was her leg and she can tattoo it or chop it off if she wants. It's her leg. It shouldn't bother you.

Years
"A physicist is just an atom attempting to understand itself"
"The program of the universe? To understand the program of the universe"

Any paradoxical quote relating to metaphysics and looping purposes.

Somebody posted a meme on a website I saw it depicted Scumbag Brain with text "Can't understand brain - Is brain"
And it is my favourite small scale representation of what I'm talking about. If I find it i'll post it here.

Back