• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultimate Monotype Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2010
Update #4 ; Finished Kanto
-Beat Lorelei (Not hard.) -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hr8z-EvszFQ
-Beat Bruno (Used Jolteon's Double Kick to take out Onix x2) -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qbxWEeNVN4
-Beat Agatha (Was really annoying with her stupid status effects.) -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44Gu_SWYnsU
-Beat Lance (Was difficult. Supersonic was extremely useful against these deadly dragons.) -> I can't shorten the video at all and it is too long so there will be no video for it until I get a chance to shorten it/cut it in half. Same goes for the rival video.
-Beat The Champion (AKA My Rival. Accidently replaced Double Kick with Pin Missile so beating Rhydon was harder but supersonic + sonicboom worked out alright and Pin Missile proved to be extremely useful against Venusaur)

FINAL TEAM;
Spr_1b_026.png

Cheddar//Raichu
Lv. 48
-Thundershock
-Thunder
-Swift
-Quick Attack
Spr_1b_101.png

Bombomb//Electrode
Lv. 49
-Thunderbolt
-Sonicboom
-Swift
-Selfdestruct
Spr_1b_135.png

Needles//Jolteon
Lv.48
-Pin Missile
-Double-Edge
-Quick Attack
-Thundershock
Spr_1b_082.png

Magneto//Magneton
Lv. 47
-Take Down
-Swift
-Thundershock
-Supersonic

I have the videos but the Giovanni one won't load right so I may just upload the others before the Giovanni one.

I'll be starting Johto on Silver
Gold. Think I may take a little rest on the challenge instead of grinding my way through like I did with Blue.

Last edited:

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
Years
I finally didn't be lazy and played Pearl. Defeated the E4 to be the first ghost UMC champion. Proper update soon with team and stuff.

Sora247_2009

Will Sprite for food!!
Years
VERY small progress on my flying challenge. All I did was get my Charmander (named Cloud) and delivered Oak's Parcel. I may put this off for a couple weeks, as I'm going on holiday soon. Expect another update in about 2 weeks (possibly before if I get motivated).

Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2010
Last Update, I beat my rival and finished off Kanto. Click the link to see my final team -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhgV38d5fzU

Small Update;
-Started with Cyndaquil
-Beat Rival
-Beat Falkner
-Caught Mareep
-Beat The Rockets at Slowpoke Well
-Beat Rival
-Beat Bugsy -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GydSweVC1cY

My Team As Of Now;
Spr_2g_180.png

Woolite//Flaaffy
Lv.21
-Tackle
-Growl
-Thundershock
-Thunderwave

HM Slaves; Quilava (Cut)

Last edited:
Years
Here it is.. the Elite Four... Ever since i read the Pokemon special manga, the elite four seems extremely evil to me..

Will:
Will was pretty easy. I started with boulder and rock throwed the xatu. Next was exeggutor. I sent out jet and pecked him a few times. Next on her line up, jynx. I sent out scythe and used slash then quick attack. easy kill. Slowbro, i used Philips and shocked him twice. And a repeat with the second xatu.

Koga:
Koga gave a decent fight. He started with ariados, and i started with jet. I pecked twice and he died. His next pokemon was forretress. I sent out boulder, since i didn't know who else i could send out. I used rock throw and slam until he finally used self destruct. Next was venomoth. Again, jet pecked and it was done. For his muck, i sent out pinecone to explode. He had a small amount of hp left, so i used scythe to finish it with slash. And for crobat, i had philips shock it.

Bruno:
I was worried about bruno at first. Then i remembered i had a flying type. Started with jet and took out hitmontop easily. Next was hitmonchan. I used fly once, then peck, then he took me out with 2 fire punches. Switched out to philips, revived jet, then he fainted and jet finished the job. Pecked hitmonlee a few times and killed it. Switched out for boulder to get onix with iron tail.. OHKO on onix, and sent jet back out for machamp. Used peck twice, then jet died. I sent out scythe and finished it with slash. Pretty easy battle.

Karen:
She took me a few tries, due to houndoom... After grinding boulder and scythe to level 50 for no reason, i finally decided to make her waste flame thrower by WASTING my revives.. The only problem child in this battle was houndoom. Every other pokemon went down in a couple shots. Terrible battle..

Lance:
Lance was ALMOST a problem. Gyarados was easy. 2 sword dances and a slash it was done. He sent out chrizard and gyarados used rain dance, so fire was weak. I TRIED to use slash, to AVOID the PROBLEM, but for some reason, charizard was faster than Scythe. So Boulder came up next. I managed a rock throw, because rain dance weakened the flame thrower, so i had to revive scythe and use quick attack. Dragonite died to Boulders Dragon breath. Almost all of his dragonites went down, but one, which i sent out pinecone and finished the job with explode. Then aerodactyl went down to Philips. Not the hardest battle, oddly..

Elite four is finished! Next up, Lt.Surge in Kanto!

My Current Team...

Scythe/Scizor

Level 51

-Quick Attack
-Metal Claw
-Slash
-Swords Dance

Pinecone/Forretress

Level 45

-Tackle
-Rapid Spin
-Explosion
-Take Down

Philips/Magneton

Level 46

-Tri Attack
-Thunder Shock
-Thunder Wave
-Screech

Boulder/Steelix

Level 52

-Iron Tail
-Dragon Breath
-Crunch
-Rock Throw

Jet/Skarmory

Level 45

-Peck
-Fury Attack
-Swift
-Fly

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
I finally didn't be lazy and played Pearl. Defeated the E4 to be the first ghost UMC champion. Proper update soon with team and stuff.
Noooooo and as soon as I beat Crasher Wake!!! Also, update, I beat crasher wake. 3 Badges left, and 2 team members left.

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
Wait, so how do you do a Steel and/or Dark Ultimate if you dont do Generation 1?

Years
G3RM, you have to start with RBY, or fire red and leaf green

GFA, since they didn't exist in gen 1, you don't have to do gen 1. you can go straight to gen 2 and pick up the closest one, ie, for the steel type, you can catch a bell sprout and trade it for an onix in an in-game trade. but for dark, you would have to trade from one game to another, or you can wait till you get an eevee, but eevee is a pretty long wait.
Hope that answered your question for the most part..

GFA

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
GFA, since they didn't exist in gen 1, you don't have to do gen 1. you can go straight to gen 2 and pick up the closest one, ie, for the steel type, you can catch a bell sprout and trade it for an onix in an in-game trade. but for dark, you would have to trade from one game to another, or you can wait till you get an eevee, but eevee is a pretty long wait.
Hope that answered your question for the most part..

It did. I had just read through the first 20 pages though, and they said no Steel/Dark challenges, so I guess they changed the rules

raekuul

Team Anorith Grunt
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 13, 2017
They have; that threw me for a loop when it was changed, but now I guess it makes sense.

Do we have any steel or dark champions, though?

GFA

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
rew_s11, whoever that is, has beaten the Dark version

Nytkoi

Pokemon Copper!
Years
-Chose Squirtle
-Beat up Brock
-Went thru route, pwned everything
-Squirtle can has evolved
-Went thru cave, pwned everything as well
-Misty beaten on 2nd try (oh yeah and I pwned rival)

Team:
Wartortle
Lv. 29
Nickname: JBieber

dragon0fangz

account moved to 649
Years
about to beat E4. might post video.
Edit: Just beat E4. Videos up!
Spoiler:

Final Team for anyone that cares.
Rougela/Jynx lv 58
rbspr124.png

Psychic
Lovely Kiss
Blizzard
Submission
Probably the MVP. very powerful, could have handled the game by herself. But backup is always good.
(I know i accidently deleted Psychic for Blizzard in the video, but this is what i intended.)

Jugon/Dewgong lv 57
rbspr087.png

Rest
Blizzard
Horn Drill
Surf
a good pokemon, but mostly used for surf.

Parshen/Cloyster lv 57
rbspr091.png

Ice Beam
Explosion
Toxic
Clamp
Toxic/Clamp is very useful against some pokemon. unfortunately, clamp ran out of pp early on.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 23, 2013
Beat red

Alright guys I haven't updated in a few, but I beat red. I
Summary of what happenend-
After beating koga i cleared silph tower and cinnabar pokemansion
then GRINDED for like forever
beat 6,7,8 gyms
beat pokemon league.
Beaten Pokemon Red

Team at blue's defeat

Raichu-level 64
Jolteon-level 62
Magneton-52
Electabuzz-59
Electabuzz-40(was never used)

Next I'll be heading to pokemon silver
(because in crystal you can't get ampharos, and electric types for like 5 gyms, so changing my gen 2 game to silver)

I will update soon when I get my first electric type(mareep) and beat the 2nd gym.
EDIT:

I got cyndaquil, beat 1st gym, caught two mareep, grinded a bit, beat bellsprout tower with them, beat union cave and slowpoke well, and just owned the 2nd gym and my rival with my two flaffy now.

Team-
Flaffy-LVL 20
Flaffy-LVL 19
Pidgey-LVL3-fly hm slave
(Soon to be)Paras-LVL6-10-Cut hm slave

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 24, 2014
I decided to take this challenge by choosing the steel type , so i began my adventure in a french pokemon silver rom , i'm now beyond the 4th gym so i advanced in this two days , anyways here is the report :

- I started the game and picked cyndaquil as my starter .
- i did the M.Pokemon task and beated the rival .
- I did the bellsprout tower and the gym with ease using my cyndaquil that evolved .
- I got HM FLash .
- i got The myster egg from Elm assistant .
( i know i can get an onix by trading an bellsprout in a house in the city , but i don't like traded pokemon's so early because of the desobeisance problem ; and actually i tested out this before this run but it didn't work very well )
- I passed to the route 32 and captured an onix in the union cave .
- Onix learned the tm37 .
- I did some training to onix in the route 32 .
- I placed Quilava in the pc and entered the union cave with onix and the mystery egg .
- I passed the rock cave with ease but i was beaten by the hiker's machoc outside the cave , first loss for onix , actually first loss at all .
- Onix is lvl 14 now and he learned rock throw , it will be useful agains't bugsy .
- The togepi egg hatched and went to the pc .
- I betead the team rocket grunts in the Slowpoke Well with ease using onix .
- I beated Bugsy and his trainers with ease using onix who is at lvl 19 now .
- I beated the hicker agains't who i lost last time haxxing his machop with onix's Mud-Slap .
- I finally beated the rival in azalea town after so many battles because of onix weakness again'st his croconaw by using a haxxing strategy that involved quilava .
- I got Cut and learned it to Quilava .
- After a lot of headbutting i finally caught a pineco .
- I finnaly arrived in goldenrod city and done the underground battles .
- I beated Withney and her trainers easily with onix lvl 24 ans pineco lvl 16 even if he didn't do anything in this battle.
- I participated and win a bug contest by capturing a female scyther and the reward was a sun stone .
- i captured a magnemite in route 38 .
- I battled the kimono girls .
- I beated Morty using Onix and Scyther.
- Togepi learned Flash.
- I caught a tauros and learned him Surf .
- i Went to mahogany town .
- I captured The red gyarados but i will not use it .
- I did partially the team rocket HQ and i finally found the tm46 thief that Cutter learned , now i can try to steal some metal coat from the wild magnemite's .
- After so many try's i finally found a magnemite with metal coat .
- by using TGB Dual i traded scyther with metal coat and got me a Scizor .
- I won the battle vs the rival in the burned tower .
- I passed the route 38 .
- I arrived in "olivine" where i got the HM strenght that i tought to toros .
- After so many research's i finnaly stoled another metal coat from a wild magnemite .
- I traded my onix with a metal coat using TGB Dual and got a steelix.

And here is my current team :
(Sorry i can't post photos becaus i don't have enough posts in the forum)
Cutter/Scizor (F) Lv 28
[Steel/Bug]
Attacks :
- Quick Attack
- False Swipe
- Fury Cutter
- Thief

Rocky/Steelix (F) Lv 30
[Steel/Ground]
Attacks :
- Headbutt
- Screech
- Mud-Slap
- Rock Throw

Sparky/Magnemite Lv 27
[Steel/Electrik]
Attacks :
- Thunder Wave
- Thundershock
- Supersonic
- Sonicboom

Explouder/Pineco Lv 25 (M)
[Bug]
Attacks :
- Headbutt
- Sweet Scent
- Selfdestruct
- Take Down

I also made some videos for the important battles like vs the gym leaders and vs the rival , but i need some time with my crapy connexion to upload them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back