View Single Post
Old June 23rd, 2011 (5:18 PM). Edited October 10th, 2011 by ChainedTeapot.
Let's Player

What is Pokémon Brown?

Pokemon Brown is a rom Hack of Pokémon Red made by CoolBoyMan, with a brand new region and with 5 addition new types as well as the inclusion of the Dark and steel types in Gen 1 it also includes a fair few gen two and gen four Pokémon as well.

Overall it is a pretty enjoyable game and doesn't really feel like a simple edit of Pokemno Red but more of a new game in it's own right and if you havn't already you can check it out here: http://mail.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=175044

Pokémon Nuzlocke?

The basic idea of the Nuzlocke is if a Pokémon faints it effectively "dies" and will be released when possible.

The rules I play by are:

- If a Pokemon faints it is released.
    - Can only catch the first Pokemon per route/cave/town etc. If it is failed to be obtained no other Pokemon from that location can be caught.
    - No catching legendaries.
    - All Pokemon will be nicknamed, to give a better relationship with the Pokemon rather it being known as "Squirtle".
    - If I can't get any further from say no Pokemon on my team learn the Cut HM it's game over.
    - If my whole team faints, it is game over. Even if I still have other Pokémon in my PC.

Why Am I doing this?

a friend of mine did a nuzlocke of Pokémon Red and it got me into doing a Gen 1 game, but it wouldn't be as fun if I just did any of the other Gen 1 games, so I thought why not Brown? I watched a walkthrough a few years back of it and wanted to properly play it but seeing as it was that long ago I barely remember anything from it so it will pretty much be a blind run and adding nuzlocke into the mix will make it more of a challenge.

I am uploading each part when I can, I currently have 26 parts uploaded, so I hope you enjoy (:

Also just a note, participially on the earlier parts, my knowledge of Pokemon Brown was pretty bad so I do say some incorrect and silly things in them, even though I still do that for things unrelated to brown anyway.

Parts 1 - 10
    Spoiler:
    Part 1
    Spoiler:
    The start of the game, nothing major happens here, get our starter and get introduced to our rival and what not.

Part 2
    Spoiler:
    Continue to work our way out of Merson Cave and fight a very tough trainer with a very dangerous Pokémon...

Part 3
    Spoiler:
    Progress is made, we actually get further through Merson cave!

Part 4
    Spoiler:
    I may of done it in previous parts but in this part I noticed I did it a lot and that was called leech life, leech seed. How I didn't notice I was saying that I don't know, nonetheless we look around some more and battle a few more trainers.

Part 5
    Spoiler:
    I cough a few times in this which is kinda loud, especially if you are using earphones, so sorry about that. But in this part we battle the all powerful Karpman!

Part 6
    Spoiler:
    I make the error of saying Dark types aren't in the game when they are at some point in this video when they are but I think I correct myself in the next video anyway. I also get a very unexpected challenge near the end of the video.

Part 7
    Spoiler:
    I look around the Mart for a fair bit which doesn't really show much, all that happens is I get a free Coutner TM and buy a Keg of beer so may as well skip to around 5:20 unless you enjoy me rambling on for 5 mins while window shopping.

Part 8
    Spoiler:
    We battle the bridgeless nugget bridge, when it isn't even the nugget bridge but the nugget crew and get some more battles done and try and progress.

Part 9
    Spoiler:
    We get round to battling the second gym when I make one fatal mistake...

Part 10
    Spoiler:
    After beating the second Gym we continue on with our adventure to Silk Cave and battle the many trainers waiting outside of the cave.

Parts 11 - 20
    Spoiler:

Part 11
    Spoiler:
    In this part we venture through some of Silk cave and fight some very tought Pokémon including a Geodude, Butterfree and Raticate (sounds less tough now I said the Pokemon)...

Part 12
    Spoiler:
    The original audio had the music too loud and my narration too quiet so I had to redo the narration.

Nonetheless we make it out of Silk cave and explore a new town which has a lovely new gym.

Part 13
    Spoiler:
    Similar to the last part I had to redo the narration but nonetheless this part we start our fight with Lois as well as making it to a new town!

Part 14
    Spoiler:
    In this part we just battle trainers pretty much as well as the evilist of all clefairys...

Part 15
    Spoiler:
    Nothing major in this part, some more exploration and trainer battles!

Part 16
    Spoiler:
    More battling in the warehouse and who is that in the final room?

Part 17
    Spoiler:
    We explore some of the haunted forest and find some odd Pokémon ):

Part 18
    Spoiler:
    Continuing through the Haunted forest while I mumble lots and get lost and confused

Part 19
    Spoiler:
    We venture to Castro Valley which has quite a few places to check out, we also come across a few friends to join our team of merry Pokémon.

Part 20
    Spoiler:
    We look through this massive mansion some more and get confused with buttons!

Parts 21 -30
    Spoiler:

Part 21
    Spoiler:
    In this part we explore the Forest in Castro Valley as well as meet some new Pokémon.

Part 22
    Spoiler:
    We look a bit further into the route we were in last time and challenge the Castro Valley Gym, with some heart breaking events that occur...

Part 23
    Spoiler:
    Finish with the fighting Gym then I begin getting lost and confused...

Part 24
    Spoiler:
    Attempt to finish the gym, get a pretty little flute and wake up a sleeping giant.

Part 25
    Spoiler:
    We give Snorlax a darling name and explore some further while I do a fail forgetting to try and attempt to capture the first Pokémon I find in an area...

Part 26
    Spoiler:
    We look around the power plant more with lots of explosions and find our first legendary with the most anti climatic battle of all, as well as go on a nice little bike ride.

Part 27
    No Part 27, see Part 28 for details, it covers what happens anyway.

Part 28
    Spoiler:
    Currently there is no part 27 due to the file corrupting but here is 28. We go through Illex forest and enter Azelea town!

Part 29
    Spoiler:
    We challenge the Psychic Gym again seeing as we can surf and explore some more other surf areas!

Part 30
    Spoiler:
    We continue on with the adventure, reach dead ends and finally find where to go!

Parts 31 - 40
    Spoiler:

Part 31
    Spoiler:
    In this part we battle Joe the Ratica-.. I mean the Gym leader.

Part 32
    Spoiler:
    We continue on surfing until we reach the new town and do uninteresting stuff for ages!

Part 33
    Spoiler:
    We look a little in a secret cave as well as get a very useful HM and item!

Part 34
    Spoiler:
    In this part we find a very legendary Pokémon and get our way to the final Gym.

Part 35
    Spoiler:
    In this part we challenge the Gym as well as find the Red Power Ranger! Or Pallet patrol, same thing really...

Part 36
    Spoiler:
    We make it pretty swiftly to the Pokémon league, due to the lack of a victory road. We challenge the league in some epic battles, but will everyone make it? will anyone make? Or will be swiftly make it through without a scratch?

Part 37
    Spoiler:
    We do some side stuff before going to the final dungeon which allows us to meet a very Legendary Pokémon...

Part 38
    Spoiler:
    We continue on looking around before the final dungeon and come across an other legendary Pokémon as well as the loss of a dear friend! ):

Part 39
    Spoiler:
    We now begin the massive journey which is the FINAL DUNGEON!

Part 40
    Spoiler:
    We continue on through the final dungeon while finding many weird bird fanatics...

Parts 41-45
    Spoiler:

Part 41
    Spoiler:
    We continue through the final dungeon and suffer massive losses...

Part 42
    Spoiler:
    We continue through the final dungeon and get lost and confused!

Part 43
    Spoiler:
    We make more progress through the final dungeon, find some stuff and a weird maze area as well as an old couple living in a cave, whatever next?

Part 44
    Spoiler:
    We near the end of our journey however at a cost.

Part 45
    Spoiler:
    We finish off with this final part with a final team.

Youtube Channel