• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Issue: It MIGHT fix itself, but it makes posting impossible

Years
Right. So I click on a thread and I'm about thirty pages out of whack - perhaps more, maybe less. The point is I'm looking at posts from May and such like, and I cannot see the new ones. So I cannot post without being completely irrelevant... not such a change, really, but I'm usually more low-key.

Well, here is an example of the stigma:
Spoiler:

I draw your attention to the fact that the link says I'm on page 83, but the button says I am on 64. Also, the posts are from November.

Right, I'm terrible at reporting problems. But as far as problems go, this is a whopper.

You maintenance chappies will probably sought it out with the next overhaul, I'm sure. In the mean time, I'll just have to sidestep threads with pages.

Years
Hi there! It's a little much to ask right now, but for any threads you notice, add &forcerebuild=1 to the end of the URL. Try loading other pages after and the issue should correct itself.

New little trick I added to the playbook.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen yesterday
Note: it only works as an addon to the pure thread url, not to a specific page or post url. (i think, but try any url haha)

Last edited:
Years
To explain why this happens, this is an optimisation that isn't exactly optimised to deal with hundreds of posts suddenly spawning. Rather than constantly check how many posts the thread has (which isn't always efficient) the number of posts is saved with the thread's data.

This optimisation allows the site to estimate how many pages it needs to make, but if there's a mismatch, it'll end up thinking there's no more posts to load and just not bother at all. So a thread that PC thinks has 11 posts but actually has 26 will make PC assume it only has to show 1 page, even if the system ends up telling it there's enough posts to make 2 pages.

Because restoring all the posts in the last maintenance run introduced unexpected numbers of posts to appear, some threads, particularly popular ones that were posted in recently that have been posted in a lot since, will have this inconsistency. I'll be running some further maintenance later to correct this issue, but for now, if you see a thread, simply add "&forcerebuild=1" to the end of the address.

Years
Oh, brilliant - it's working! I didn't even have to do that &forcerebuild=1 thing. But I'll certainly give it a whirl if things go hysterical on me again.

Danke.

EDIT: Tried the address thing on the Have You Ever thread, and it didn't work. Oh well.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 30, 2020
I'm having this problem on the this or that thread for some reason. At least I know I'm not going insane.

Back