• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Uprising: Fighting the Pokémon Extermination

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen May 2, 2009
Kensai observed the new comer for a moment to make sure she wasn't a spy. "This is Uprising..." he said as he glanced down at the pokemon offering its paw. He then looked back towards the trainer. "I'm guessing you are new here? any reason in particular that brought u here?" Kensai wasn't sure yet if this was a spy or not so he began trying to get information from her through general conversation, glancing at scyther telling him to be ready just in case.

Years
Tabby saw a glance pass between the trainer and his scyther. She nodded to Kyndle; be on guard.

"No, there was absolutely no reason for me to come here." Tabby snorted. "I just happened to stumble up the huge ice cliff and run into this pokemon center. Of COURSE there was a reason!" she paused, sniffed hard, and blinked to keep the tears in her eyes from spilling over. She was NOT going to cry in front of this guy.

"My mom's ninetales won a ton of contests. My dad's arcanine had a really impressive battling record. I got Kyndle when I was ten: she came from an egg that my mother's ninetales had laid. We won plenty of contests too.

"When we saw the posters saying that people had to get rid of their pokemon, we tried to hide ours. But we knew we'd be found out soon, so we all split up and went different ways with our pokemon.

"I was living in a forest with Kyndle when I heard about the Uprising. I want to fight back against the creeps who made that stupid law. Thanks to them I don't know where my parents are, if they're in jail, if they're even alive. I want to make them pay for all the families they've torn apart."

Tabby stopped there and sniffled a little. I'm not gonna cry, I'm not gonna cry... Kyndle rubbed against her leg comfortingly.

Years
  • Seen May 2, 2009
Kensai was silent, but his face didn't show the normal stern expression it normally had, instead it was covered with tears. Her story reminded him of his father being taken. He couldnt be around everyone in this state so he ran outside crying while his Scyther following closely behind. (ooc: follow if ya want :-P )

Years
Tabby watched in shame and embarassment as Kensai ran outside, tears streaming down his face. It seemed like she had hit a nerve, or maybe he was just profoundly affected by sarcasm. Either way, it seemed like her fault.

"Crap," she muttered, then raced out after him with Kyndle right behind her.

"Wait up! Hey! Kensai!" she shouted. "Okay, whatever it was that I said, I'm really sorry, okay? I didn't mean to freak you out. Are you all right?" Kyndle seemed to be posing the same question to Kensai's scyther.

"Look, it's okay, alright? All of us, everyone here, has it tough. They've all had stuff that's hard to deal with happen to them, but we're gonna pull through, okay? That's why we're here. It's because no matter what they do or how much they try to control us, we aren't going to let them mess up our lives. Sometimes stuff gets too hard to deal with, but it's okay to cry about it. Just remember we all went through this, and I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm always here for you."

Years
  • Seen May 2, 2009
Kensai slammed his fist against a rock in rage. "EVERYONE HAS GONE THROUGH THE SAME THINGS?" He yelled, his emotions running wild. "SO YOU HAD YOUR ONLY LIVING PARENT TELL YOU TO RUN PROMISING TO CATCH UP ONLY TO FIND YOUR HOME, EVERYTHING YOU HAVE EVER KNOWN BURNT TO THE GROUND WITH YOUR FATHER NO WHERE IN SITE?!?"

Scyther leaned its head against Kensai hoping to calm him down. "THESE PEOPLE HERE, DONT CARE ABOUT WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO ME! IM JUST ANOTHER SOLDIER TO THEM!" He fell to the ground slamming his fist repeatedly. "I wouldnt be here now if i thought there was any other way to find my father. Right now thats all i care about, nothing else in this world matters to me aside from that!" this is the first time he had actually opened up to anyone here, let alone a new person.

He took a few moments to pause and collect himself. "Look, im sorry about that, but its a touchy subject for me. I....I need to get stronger...as fast as possible, the longer i take gaining strength the less chance there is of finding my father....IF he is still alive. Pray for the enemies sake he is..." he said as he finally looked up at the new comer.

Years
Tabby's eyes widened as she listened to Kensai talk about his past. It sounded terrible. Her eyes softened.

"I'm sorry about your father. My parents are gone, too. I hope that when this war is finally over, you'll find him. You deserve it, for persevering and trying to find him even now." She started to walk away, then called over her shoulder; "And if you ever want to train with Kyndle and I, just tell me. Good luck!"

OOC:// He looked UP at her? Tabby's barely five feet tall.
I hafta go now. Bye!

Years
  • Seen May 2, 2009
(OOC: yeah he was sitting on the ground :) )

A small smile crossed Kensai's face as the girl was leaving. Ill be taking her up on that offer sooner then she thinks... He thought as he stood to his feet. "Come on Scyther we have had enough training for one day, lets get some rest." With that the duo went to their room and began to take a nap.

(ooc: laterz! sry for the short posts its 2:40 a.m. here i ish sleep T_T )

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
"Ashi, Ashi, Ashi, come here!" Josh called out. After being thrust out of the room and being pulled around, she waltzed back in the room, sighing heavily. She looked up to see Isabel leaving the room with a small smile in her face. Her Umbreon was left in the room, emitting dark pulses. Ashi knew exactly what Isabel's Umbreon was cabable of.

"Josh, go downstairs," Ashi's voice was shaking slightly, but she cleared her throat and steadied herself.

"Why?"

"JUST GET OUT," Josh let out a small squeak and ran out, following the smell of breakfast. Ashi smiled as the dark pulses from her Umbreon growing stronger and darker. The man's breathing was getting faster, and he started to scream.

"S-stop it! J-j-just stop it, I'll tell you.. Arghh!" The man shrieked. Ashi smiled.

"Umi," the Umbreon shot a look at Ashi, and snarled. Ashi raised her eyebrows and released her own Umbreon. "Need a hand?"

dream's-epilogue

Worthless
Years
Matsuko let out a yawn, and Ikiji stretched as far as his hiding place would allow. More people had shown up, but he had no idea how long he'd been here. He turned to Matsuko, and spoke in a whisper.

"This is getting too dangerous; we'd best leave while we can, and try to formulate another plan." Matsuko nodded softly in agreement.

Ikiji looked around, stood slowly, and began making his way back towards the entrance, but suddenly...

FLASH!
...the light burned his eyes...
FLASH!

Ikiji stumbled, then fell to his knees. No! Not now...

Matsuko rushed over. Ikiji tried to speak, and-

FLASH!
"...defend yourself, or die..."
FLASH!

He clutched his head. Someone- or something- was attacking his mind. He was vaguely aware of knocking something off the wall; it landed with a crash. He knew that, somewhere, someone must've heard. He managed to speak.

"Ma-Matsu, get...out of here....hide...watch...if anything..."

She nodded, and sparked eagerly.

"Go!"

She turned and ran stealthily out of sight. Ikiji fell flat on the ground. Another psychic flash scorched his mind, and his vision faded...

(ooc: intrepret however you like. If you don't ill incorporate it somehow.)

DaVici

DeEmpo
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Oct 29, 2021
He said that before he realised that only Isabel's Umbreon was there, torturing the 'Man in the chair'. Josh came in. He had a plate with dinner.

Vic begun to sense a certain hungerfeeling. "Maybe I should eat also something. What was the last time I've eaten something other than berries?" thought Vic. "Two days ago." said a tiny voic in his head.

Vic saw that pretty much Uprising-Members where sitting at the table when he entered the dinningroom. Charlie had obviously cooked something, as the dinner was served as a big smiley.

Charlie had dried his tears now and was already happy again.

"Hi, Charlie, can you tell me what happened? I was outside waiting for the door to open." asked Vic, when he got his dinner from Charlie. He asked Charlie specific because he thought him still as his best friend.

(OOC: I hope I didn't bunny you, Frozen...^^)

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
Years
Several people Charlie had never seen before came rushing down. Charlie promptly hand them his breakfast platters. Even though this was a pokemon center it was almost becoming a home for them. Charlie chuckled at the sight.

He heard chatter from a small group of two near the stairs. He ran towards them with a plate on each hand and Munch carrying a plate as well. He would have reached them when Isabel called to him.

"Hello Charlie," she said with a smile.

"Isabel?" he questioned as he stopped abruptly to search for her. The drastic changed in speed launch a few eggs soaring and Charlie had to catch them on the plate.

He then noticed her on the stairs. "Hey Isabel!" he shouted back with a smile in return that later changed to a blush.

"What am I thinking" he muttered to himself remembering the delusions that had occured while making breakfast.

"Here Isabel!" he continued while forcing a plate into her hand. He instantly ran off. He was too embarassed.

He ran towards Tabby and Kensai and shouted "You guys look hungry. Why don'tcha you have some breakfast!". His emotions were to feverish to not sound excited.

"My names Charlie, the head chef of the Uprising and former head chef of the famous Twilight Cafe in Sinnoh! Who are you two?" he continued hoping that Isabel wouldn't come after him and that this new conversation would ease his mind.

Suddenly from behind him someone approached, thinking it was Isabel Charlie shoved a plate into his hands and heard Vic ask "Hi, Charlie, can you tell me what happened? I was outside waiting for the door to open"

Charlie was relieved that it was actually Vic, but the question still felt awkward. "Um, I'm sorry I don't know much... I got cut on the chin so I started crying" Charlie lied to Vic.

"How about we stay and chat with... these two and me. Sorry, but I don't think I've caught your names yet" Charlie shouted energetically to lighten his own feelings. Charlie had not yet caught onto the fact that the two of them were just about to leave.

Years
  • Seen May 2, 2009
Kensai was silent for a moment before he decided to speak. He was going to wait till everyone had finished eating before he had some food but from the training and the excitement from earlier it was best if he went on and ate. "Sure ill have some breakfast, double for my Scyther if thats ok..." he was detirmined not to let his emotions show like that again.

"Scyther Scii!" as it caught scent of the meal being prepaired. "Well it looks like Scyther is excited about the food..." he muttered to himself as he found a spot in a corner to sit and eat.

I really need to figure out what to do next... should I try and improve my team? Attempt to evolve Scyther? Train with what i have and improve that? These were all questions that were running through his mind as he waited for his food.

(OOC: we are allowed to catch more pokemon right?)

Kez_2007

..mmm.... Cookies....
Years
"Yeah i'm right here Kez now tell me whats going on" Beo shouted as he noticed Tyranitar at Kez's side. Beo knew that was a bad sign, Kez never just let Tyranitar roam around the town except for in an emergency.

"were going back to the pokemon center i'll explain everything there" Kez said with a sigh of relief to see Beo was ok.

They Rushed back to the center, When he arrived everyone seemed to be having breakfast or about somewhere else.. "rocky return" and with a flash of light the gargantuan was gone "Let's head downto the gym" He motioned for Beo to follow.

Upon entering the gym Beo spoke"Hey Kez, look if it's about our battl..." "This is far more serious!" he said cutting Beo off.

"Earlier this morning Isabel was attacked by a member of the PXS"
"PXS" Beo yelled
"Shh, not everyone understands the situation Keep your voice down" He checked they were alone
"Beo Please Reconsider what your doing Being in the uprising is making you a target you could get hurt!" Said Kez trying to keep his emotions in check

"Don't you realise Kez, There are Many more than just us suffering? I...I want to help them." said Beo Nervously
"But your risking everything what if..if something happens?" Kez said in reply
"I..I Have faith that the others will help me, and in turn we will keep each other safe" Beo said defiantly
"There's no way i can talk you outta this is there kid?" then suddenly strange as it seemed Kez began laughing

Stubborn as always

"Kez..I.." Beo began before Kez interupted
"Go get some breakfast, we'll talk more later ok?" and with that Beo headed upstairs for Breakfast.

Kez went upstairs to find chris, upon his travels he found Flare and returned him to his pokeball. He found chris shortly after and thanked him for looking after the center, then he headed on to breakfast and sat down to a Beautiful feast and....a cup of coco.

After tasting the first bite, Kez was impressed he knew this wasnt the nurses, none of them actually cooked he did all the cooking, so if he didn't cook it then who did?
He stood up in the middle of the croweded room and asked "Hey, anyone know who our mystery chef is?" with a big grin on his face.

Years
  • Seen May 2, 2009
As kensai was waiting for his food he saw a trainer come in with a tyranitar. Immediatly he stood up and walked over the the trainer. "Where did you get that Tyranitar? i want to catch one for myself." He had hear that those particular pokemon were very strong, and from the looks of it, what he had heard was true. He stood there waiting for an answer with a very serious expression on his face.

Mira

restless spirit
Years
Isabel stood with the plate of food in her hands, dumbfounded. Charlie was acting... Different. More so than usual, even.

Isabel placed the plate on a side table, not noticing when Eve jumped up onto it and began devouring the food.

Isabel walked up behind Charlie, who was now taking to a small group of people, two of whom she didn't recognize.

"Charlie...?" Isabel said uncertainly. "Are you... Okay? You seem..."

"Hey, anyone know who our mystery chef is?" Kez's voice rang through the room.

Isabel sighed in frustration, but forced a smile on her face. It was time for Charlie to get some attention.

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
Years
Greg and Chris were both standing outside the Pokemon Centre, after Chris had requested for him to accompany him.

It looked like the sun was just starting to rise.

Wonder what time it is...

The smell from the Centre was sooo good, but Greg felt it best to stay with Chris. He saw Beo and who he thought was Kez, if he was correct, walk back in with a Tyranitar by their side. Talk about defensive...

Greg thought it best to ask Chris a few questions, "Hey Chris," he said, "That guy... do you know who he is? Or what he wanted with Isabel?"

(OOC: Damn I've missed a lot =_=')

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
Years
  • Age 34
  • PA
  • Seen Aug 19, 2020
"Hey, anyone know who our mystery chef is?"Kez said with a big grin on his face.

Beo just sat there looking at the other members of the uprising who were enjoying some breakfast. The food was much better then his own cooking, except for when he would make burgers that was Beo's specialty. But still after his conversation with Kez, Beo felt unsure about things. He knew that the Uprising was his chance to redeem himself for just sitting around and training Blaze all the time, but not doing anything with the training. He loved pokemon and wanted to show it, and this was his way. It was his way to show his parents whereever they were that he become someone. It was his chance to prove to Kez that he can make a difference, and can do things on his own. He also wondered what would happen if something happened to Kez during this battle... He thought that it would be his fault for getting Kez involved. So weather Kez new it or not He was going to protect Kez, and make sure nothing happened..

Years
Tabby walked slowly back into the pokemon center. Everyone seemed to be eating breakfast now, and she just remembered that she hadn't had any. Oh well. Talk first, eat later.

She spotted the one who seemed to be the leader-Isabel, the others had called her-and walked over to her.

"Excuse me? My name's Tabby, and this is my vulpix, Kyndle. I want to join the Uprising."

She stood her ground bravely and hoped that Isabel would reply.

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
Years
Kensai had asked for breakfast and since he had just given the last plate to Vic he turned towards the kitchen.

"Charlie...?" he could hear Isabel say from behind him. His whole body tensed as he froze in place.

"Are you... Okay? You seem..." she continued, her voice struck hard at his spirit.

"Hey, anyone know who our mystery chef is?" Kez's voice rang through the room cutting Isabel off. A cold feeling swept Charlie as a silence swept through the room. Charlie slowly lifted his hand in the air and placed a gritty smile upon his face. His movements were very stiff as he waved his hand in the air. He could feel eyes piercing into his flesh.

Suddenly he just stopped with his hand in the air, an awful feeling overcame him, and he ran to the kitchen.

"Oh, no I can't seem to shake her. No I've got to avoid her, it's just too awkward" he muttered to himself in the kitchen while scavenging around.

"But I do what this means... maybe I should just ask?" he whispered to himself after collecting a plate for Kensai and another forever else might need it.

When Charlie had approached Kensai he was speaking something about a Tyranitar. He was busy so Charlie slid the plate onto the seat next him. Now to find Isabel. He had made up his mind.

When he had spotted Isabel in the room she was speaking to Tabbitha. Before she could reply back Charlie interjected, "Hey Tabby here's your breakfast! And you Isabel there's something I need to talk with you about!". Charlie shoved the plate like he had been doing frequenty and turned his back to Tabby as to exclude her from the conversation as he whispered in Isabel's ear.

"Isabel your right, I'm not feeling very well. If you don't mind could you please take a walk with me so I can clear my head with a nice mountain walk? I would go by myself, but with the recent PSX attack, the immense size of the town, and the little information we have about the town it's really not safe to travel alone. I'd ask someone else, but after that stunt I pulled early this morning your the only one I feel like asking" Charlie whispered into Isabel ears with red cheeks and with a false sincerity.

Mira

restless spirit
Years
"Excuse me? My name's Tabby, and this is my vulpix, Kyndle. I want to join the Uprising," the girl said confidently.

Isabel looked her over. She seemed headstrong, but not too much so. Aw, what the heck.

"If you know what you're getting into, I'd be happy to have you join our cause," Isabel said with a smile.

"Hey Tabby here's your breakfast! And you Isabel there's something I need to talk with you about!" Charlie announced loudly, breaking into their conversation and pulling Isabel away before she could react.

"Isabel you're right, I'm not feeling very well. If you don't mind could you please take a walk with me so I can clear my head with a nice mountain walk? I would go by myself, but with the recent PSX attack, the immense size of the town, and the little information we have about the town it's really not safe to travel alone. I'd ask someone else, but after that stunt I pulled early this morning you're the only one I feel like asking," Charlie whispered in her ear.

Isabel blinked. There was something about the way he smiled and the color of his complexion that was familiar to Isabel. He did seem rather off. Isabel knew that the only way she would figure out what he was really thinking about, and she knew he was thinking about something, would be to go with him.

"I'll be back soon, Tabby," Isabel said with a smile. "Make yourself comfortable and introduce yourself to the others."

Isabel whistled and gave Fay a few motions, telling her to go back into the room and keep watch over Umi to make sure she didn't go too far.

"Let's go, Charlie," Isabel said with a smile.

(OOC: Whew! Speed posting!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back