• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby: Making new Pokemon Types

Status
Not open for further replies.

Great Mazinger

nope.avi
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 27, 2013
The Type icons in Fire Red can be found by opening the ROM in Tile Molester and going to offset 00E95FDC. Then hit Tile Forward to line them up right.

Last edited:

Matteron (96)

Can't Read Lookin Ass
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2024
I already kind of figured this out on my own, but I'm sure this helped a lot of people. Also I want to say good job on your first tutorial H20 Turqoise(can u pm if u have a PC nickname). One pointer, next time, make it longer. ;P

The Type icons in Fire Red can be found by opening the ROM in Tile Molester and going to offset 00E95FDC. Then hit Tile Forward to line them up right.
Are you sure that, that is the only way, I'm pretty sure you can find in in Unlz

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
I already kind of figured this out on my own, but I'm sure this helped a lot of people. Also I want to say good job on your first tutorial H20 Turqoise(can u pm if u have a PC nickname). One pointer, next time, make it longer. ;P

Are you sure that, that is the only way, I'm pretty sure you can find in in Unlz
Why make it longer when it can be easier and lighter to understand if it is short?

Also, UnLZ only shows compressed images, that is why you cannot see OWs, Pokemon icons, backsprites and the type icons.
But in Tile Molester, you'll hardly be editing a Pokemon sprite (which is btw compressed)

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
Why make it longer when it can be easier and lighter to understand if it is short?

Also, UnLZ only shows compressed images, that is why you cannot see OWs, Pokemon icons, backsprites and the type icons.
But in Tile Molester, you'll hardly be editing a Pokemon sprite (which is btw compressed)

FYI: Trainer back sprites are compressed in Ruby.

Years
  • Seen Apr 28, 2021
Is there any actual way to add new types to the maximum number?

EDIT: Sorry if I shouldn't be bumping this or something.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 28, 2021
Well, I'm trying to make something with people who are pretty experienced, so I'm pretty sure if you told me how, if I couldn't do it, they could.

Would you mind all that much? It's fairly important to the project >_<

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
Well, I'm trying to make something with people who are pretty experienced, so I'm pretty sure if you told me how, if I couldn't do it, they could.

Would you mind all that much? It's fairly important to the project >_<
The problem is, I don't know how to as well.

leachim_paloyz15

~ セールマイケル
Years
  • Seen Sep 20, 2016
Thanks for the awesome tutorial Tropical Sunlight!!!
It really helped me in my hack!!! I made a type called Light.
Really cool!!! :D

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
Years
This tutorial would be necessary as part of adding a new type, but this only puts in the sprite, not the actual type effectiveness. I would, however, love to see a program that does.

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
This tutorial would be necessary as part of adding a new type, but this only puts in the sprite, not the actual type effectiveness. I would, however, love to see a program that does.
A tool like that does exist.
It's made by Darthatron and you should find it on Google, with enough effort.
There was a link on the old PHO but then the site stopped working.

I'll see if I can get a link.

EDIT: Found it! http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=122330

siper x

I'm Russia, Fear Russia
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 29, 2023
if you change the ??? type, then it is useful, but otherwise, it doesn't help much.

edit: @tropical sunlight: also, the tool that you were talking about doesn't seem to work

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back