• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Dream Themes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 15, 2023
How dare sir
How dare
one cannot even compare

I wasn't saying Bleach was better than Digimon. (But if you think it isn't there may be some problems...JK)

I'm just saying since there are other series like Digimon and Power Rangers involved, I thought, "Why not?"

SyngthaSuyeon

Specialty: Rare types & UU/NU
Years
May I suggest a challenge? If I can do this challenge, I'll join in.

Survival of the Fittest
Charles Darwin explained that the survival of the fittest determines what species will survive extinction and what species doesn't. This also stands true for the dangerous world of the Poke Kingdom.

Rules:

1. You must have 6 Pokemon. One Pokemon each must be a part of the following families (no duplicates):

Canine: Dogs, Skunks, Foxes, Mongoose
Feline: Cats (domestics like Glameow, or killers like Persian)
Amphibian: Frogs, Tadpoles, Turtles. Any Pokemon that lives NEAR and not IN water like Slowpoke, Lilleep, Oshawott, Piplup
Reptile: Snakes, Lizards, Dragons (Snivy, Arbok, Axew, etc.)
Equine: Horses, Deer, Cows, Bulls, Sheep, etc.
Mus Musculus: Mice, Rats, Chipmunks, Hedgehogs, Meerkats, etc.
Aves: Birds
Primates: Monkeys
Ichthyoids: Fish, Crabs
Swine: Pigs, Boars
Ursus: Bears
Insects: Worms, Caterpillars, Butterflies, Moths, Flies
Arachnids: Spiders

2. If any of your Pokemon fall prey to their mortal enemies (ex. Pikachu faints in a fight against Pidgey, Ekans, or Meowth), that family (in this case Mus Musculus) is automatically extinct. If they faint to other Pokemon, they have to die 3 more times before they're extinct.

3. If a Pokemon in a family is extinct, you may not use that family again.

4. You may breed a dying family (they must have fainted twice) and use the egg as a replacement. That egg must go by the same rules as 2. Trades must be in the same family as the dying Pokemon and must follow the same rules as 2.

5. You may not catch multiple Pokemon in your selected families. You may only have 2 (or a Ditto) for breeding and the second/Ditto can't be used as a replacement, only the egg can.

Banned: Any Pokemon made of inanimate objects, Any Pokemon made with technology, Rock types, Psychics, Grass Types that are Plants (Cottonee, Sunflora, Weepinbell), Humanshapes, Ghosts, Intermediates (only Ditto allowed for breeding).

竜の子

Avy made by Trainer Touko
Years

Survival of the Fittest
Charles Darwin explained that the survival of the fittest determines what species will survive extinction and what species doesn't. This also stands true for the dangerous world of the Poke Kingdom.

Rules:

1. You must have 6 Pokemon. One Pokemon each must be a part of the following families (no duplicates):

Amphibian: Frogs, Tadpoles, Turtles. Any Pokemon that lives NEAR and not IN water like Slowpoke, Lilleep, Oshawott, Piplup

2. If any of your Pokemon fall prey to their mortal enemies (ex. Pikachu faints in a fight against Pidgey, Ekans, or Meowth), that family (in this case Mus Musculus) is automatically extinct. If they faint to other Pokemon, they have to die 3 more times before they're extinct.

4. You may breed a dying family (they must have fainted twice) and use the egg as a replacement. That egg must go by the same rules as 2. Trades must be in the same family as the dying Pokemon and must follow the same rules as 2.

5. You may not catch multiple Pokemon in your selected families. You may only have 2 (or a Ditto) for breeding and the second/Ditto can't be used as a replacement, only the egg can.

Banned: Any Pokemon made of inanimate objects, Any Pokemon made with technology, Rock types, Psychics, Grass Types that are Plants (Cottonee, Sunflora, Weepinbell), Humanshapes, Ghosts, Intermediates (only Ditto allowed for breeding).

That sounds hard,so yeah,awesome

I have a unique sense of taste,deal with it

Plus remember if Laure-senpai doesn't want it,it's hard and good enough to get it's own thread

Years

Survival of the Fittest

Rules:

I like it. Hell I might use it for some of the gba games I got in the mail. What I'd like though for the slow people like myself is a little chart that says 'this type is weak against this type' to use as reference for when a Pokemon faints

SyngthaSuyeon

Years
Survival Of The Fittest Chart

Weaknesses (Blue), Strengths (Red), Neutrals (Green):
ex. Growlithe/Pokabu/Teddiursa/Ponyta + Meowth + Meowth dies = Feline family extinct

Canine= Feline :: Ursus, Insects (in general), Equine (just 1st evo.) :: Everything else
Feline= Mus Musculus, Aves, Ichthyoids, Equine (only for 2nd evos) :: Canine, Swine, Ursus & Equine (this applies to 1st evo.) :: Everything else
Amphibian= Ichthyoids :: Reptile :: Everything else
Reptile= Amphibian, Arachnids :: Aves, Primates :: Everything else
Equine= Canine, Feline (1st evos), :: Ursus, Swine :: Everything else
Mus Musculus= Insects, Arachnids :: Feline, Aves, Reptile :: Everything else
Aves= Ichthyoids, Mus Musculus :: Feline:: Everything else
Primates= Insects, Reptiles :: Arachnids :: Everything else
Ichthyoids= Insects :: Aves, Amphibian, Ursus, Feline :: Everything else
Swine= Equine, Feline :: Ursus :: Everything else
Ursus= Swine, Canine, Feline, Equine :: Ursus :: Everything else
Insects= Canine :: Primates, Ichthyoids, Mus Musculus, Arachnids :: Everything else
Arachnids= Insects, Primates :: Reptile, Mus Musculus :: Everything else

I hope this makes sense and is easy to understand. ^.^;;

Edit: btw, Idk if you guys use hacks (such as BW649 or w/e) as long as they're not fakemon or Tohou-ified mons.

Last edited:
Years
Okay,although Laure-dono(I like using japanese honorifics ^^) still hasn't put this on OP I'll do your challenge Sooyun-san ^^(On Gold btw)

I'm not doing anything right now because I'm thinking of taking an axe to the main page and making it more organized and attractive on the eyes

I'd still love a badge system or something
so if there is anyone out there good at simple photoshop please pm me
or I guess I can use already existing badges

Years
I'm a beginning spriter,so I guess I can make some 50x50 badges for you ^^

And you saying Sooyun-san's challenge worth a badge?

Yes they all are :D The one with the most badges is the champion of the thread I think I'm going to organize the challenges though into

Easy > Simple themes not many restrictions mostly for challenges that revolve around a certain color or types

Medium > Where there are more specific themes (like the Nintendo Challenge) that forces you to a smaller pool of pokes as well as have NFE and move restrictions

Hard > These would be similar to your Nuzelocke Challenges where there are a lot of restrictions and its harder to get to the goal

I was thinking maybe you get more or less badges depending on the category, so that someone who did a lot of monocolor challenges isn't at the same badge level is someone struggling in hard mode

ツールです

Cause we're all tools
Years
Okay,I can make one(badge) for you by tomorrow.

Anyways,Johto-ward to become a Darwinist!

EDIT:Update 1

Mus Musculi obtained,Cyndaqwil(MM)
MM fainted once,against a Ave ,two more deaths acceptable
MM fainted once again against a Ave,Mus Musculus are dying
MM evolved and Falkner was defeated
Equine obtained,Mareep [E]
Nature made E faint,two more deaths acceptable
Equine fainted against a Ave,Equines are dying
E evolved

Insect obtained,Caterpie(I)

I evolved

I evolved again

Beat Bugsy

Team as of now

Spr_2g_156.png
Spr_2g_180.png
Spr_2g_012.png

Last edited:

SyngthaSuyeon

Years
Okay,I can make one(badge) for you by tomorrow.

Anyways,Johto-ward to become a Darwinist!

EDIT:Update 1

Mus Musculi obtained,Cyndaqwil(MM)
MM fainted once,against a Ave ,two more deaths acceptable
MM fainted once again against a Ave,Mus Musculus are dying
MM evolved and Falkner was defeated
Equine obtained,Mareep [E]
Nature made E faint,two more deaths acceptable
Equine fainted against a Ave,Equines are dying
E evolved

Insect obtained,Caterpie(I)

I evolved

I evolved again

Beat Bugsy

Team as of now

Spr_2g_156.png
Spr_2g_180.png
Spr_2g_012.png

Ah-ah-ah~ Your Quilava is technically already dead. If your Pokemon faints to its weakness/mortal enemy (See rule 2 and the weakness chart. Anything in blue for that group will drive Quilava to extinction after one fainting), then they're automatically extinct. Your Quilava lost to a Pidgey when it was a Cyndaquil, so it shouldn't be alive now. You'll have to box it or release it and you can't use another Pokemon in that group.

Side Note: I may more than likely make a rule saying that if all families die before the Pokemon League, then you can start fresh with a new team that will have to be trained from the ground up/from scratch.

ツールです

Cause we're all tools
Years
Ah-ah-ah~ Your Quilava is technically already dead. If your Pokemon faints to its weakness/mortal enemy (See rule 2 and the weakness chart. Anything in blue for that group will drive Quilava to extinction after one fainting), then they're automatically extinct. Your Quilava lost to a Pidgey when it was a Cyndaquil, so it shouldn't be alive now. You'll have to box it or release it and you can't use another Pokemon in that group.

Side Note: I may more than likely make a rule saying that if all families die before the Pokemon League, then you can start fresh with a new team that will have to be trained from the ground up/from scratch.

Crap,I misread the chart.My mind says Blue=good and red=bad and not opposite
WIll restart the game and just a question,what are bat's species?

Years

Crap,I misread the chart.My mind says Blue=good and red=bad and not opposite
WIll restart the game and just a question,what are bat's species?

Lol I thought the same thing when I saw that chart that's why when I fix the forum I think I might make some changes to it

red = evil and bad

SyngthaSuyeon

Years
Lol I thought the same thing when I saw that chart that's why when I fix the forum I think I might make some changes to it

red = evil and bad

lol. Feel free to change it as you please. I associate red with strong, and blue with weak (cause in the games, when your stats rise, you get a red aura. When they lower, you get a blue aura.)

BTW, you can add:

6. If all families are extinct before reaching the Pokemon League, you must start your game from scratch ONLY if your team died permanently before reaching the following areas:

If your team dies permanently after these check points, you may use the last Pokemon that died to begin a new team through breeding it for an egg (your new starter). After hatching the egg, you are allowed to use the 'extinct' Pokemon (for those EV enthusiasts) or daycare to help train the baby until level 10. After the baby is level 10, all other Pokemon must be boxed/released and you must create a new team. Your new team can not have the same Pokemon your old team had. *NOTE: For original Kanto, you will have to start over if you haven't reached Cerulean. If you reached Cerulean, then you'll have to box your old team and create a new one from scratch (due to breeding being non-existant)

@ツールです I forgot about bats! Doh! Well, they don't lay eggs like birds do, and they're mammals, so I'll put them in the Mus Musculus family.

fairyloredreamteme.png
nintendodreamtheme.png
safaridreamtheme.png

I want the Survival of the Fittest to be customized, so if anyone wants a badge after they complete that theme, they can PM me.

Last edited:

ツールです

Cause we're all tools
Years
KK,but you forgot to add any check points in old kanto(RBY)

EDIT:Your badges are so beter than mine,I feel so ashamed of myself

Changed to Blue,btw

Update #N1

Amphibian obtained,Squirtle(B)
Insect obtained,Caterpie (F)
Mus Musculi obtained,Pikachu (P)
Poison killed the whole team,two more deaths acceptable
Insect evolved
Insect evolved once again
Beat Brock
Mus Musculi fainted against an Ave,Mus Musculus have died

Team

Spr_1b_012.png
Spr_1b_007.png

SyngthaSuyeon

Years
KK,but you forgot to add any check points in old kanto(RBY)

EDIT:Your badges are so beter than mine,I feel so ashamed of myself

Changed to Blue,btw

Update #N1

Amphibian obtained,Squirtle(B)
Insect obtained,Caterpie (F)
Mus Musculi obtained,Pikachu (P)
Poison killed the whole team,two more deaths acceptable
Insect evolved
Insect evolved once again
Beat Brock
Mus Musculi fainted against an Ave,Mus Musculus have died

Team

Spr_1b_012.png
Spr_1b_007.png

^.^;; Thanks. For old school Kanto, you'll have to start your team over from scratch (before Cerulean) with a new line up because breeding didn't exist. If you reach Cerulean, then you'll have to create an entirely new team and box the old team.

Last edited:

ツールです

Cause we're all tools
Years
Okay,will update #2 soon,and I'm thinking of reviving Personality Challenge,that would bring my game attention down.
Heh,I guess this will do

Lost every member of my team,so I guess I'll do an easier challenge for a while.Since I love Haunter,I guess I'll do Human Influence on Yellow

Last edited:

SyngthaSuyeon

Years
Update 1:

Started my Survival of The Fittest Theme on Japanese Leaf Green.
Named myself Green in English.
I had the choice between the Amphibian Squirtle, the glass cannon Reptile Charmander, and the tank Reptile Bulbasaur. I went with Bulbasaur. Beat Blue's Charmander and ran Prof. Oak's errand. Blew all 6 of my poke balls only to catch a Rattata, Mankey, and Caterpie.

Current location: Viridian Forest
Team:
Bulbasaur lvl 10 (3 lives left)
Mankey lvl 7 (3 lives left)
Metapod lvl 8 (3 lives left)
Rattata lvl 7 (1 life left. Lost to a Rattata. Died out of battle to poison)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back