• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I love it more than life itself

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
Do you have an addiction to the internet?
I used to, once upon a time. It was a place to escape from the pressures of life, and post like an idiot until I had to go back to school the next day. But now that I'm older and I have to step up more and more and be more responsible with my time, I'm using the internet less and less. Plus, most of the sites I used to go to just aren't fun anymore. So, what about you?

Truality

Left for good
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 17, 2013
The thing about the web is, it always has its ways to addict you no matter how old you are. You just need to let yourself loose on the internet and you'll soon be entangled by it.

So, to phrase it correctly: Yes, I'm addicted to the internet, unless I'm too busy in real life to bother.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
According to my dad, I'm rather addicted to the Internet. That's true to an extent, since I use it almost every day.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
Years
Yes, I am addicted to the internet, but I do take breaks from it now and then.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Yes, I have an addiction to the internet. With very little to watch on broadcast TV or elsewhere, the internet is where I go for most of my information and entertainment.

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
Yeah, I'm pretty addicted to the internet. I couldn't live a week without going on it at least once.

Years
Sort of. I've often let it become the first place I turn to when I need information or entertainment. I just do it without thinking.

When I do stop to think for a moment it's not so bad. If I want to engage my brain I grab a book I'm reading and I forget all about the internet. As long as I'm engaged in something I don't even think about the internet. It's just those times when I'm feeling lackluster and find myself wondering what I'd like to do for the next hour or so that it becomes a danger.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
My addiction to the internet is worse than any addiction to drugs and alcohol.

Years
I didn't think that I was addicted to it before, but when I had to spend 2 weeks without it after moving, I realized how quickly I got bored and had nothing to do. I don't think I really noticed how much of my free time I spent on the internet, and now I don't use it as much as I used to in case of the off-chance something like that happens again (even though I still spend at least 90 minutes on it a day).

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
My addiction to the internet is worse than any addiction to drugs and alcohol.

No it's not.

--------------------

I used to be seriously addicted to it, but I would say that I'm not anymore. After I started college, I made lots of friends and I got really busy and I walked away from the things that ate up the most of my time. Although I spend a lot of time on PC, it's really nothing compared to how I used to be on the internet, this is casual surfing for me.

Of course, I still enjoy the internet and I miss it when it's not there, but if I had to make a choice between my real life and my internet life I would walk away from the internet in a heartbeat.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Now that I have marching band keeping me occupied, I don't really think I'm addicted to the internet like I used to be. I'm only online when I'm home, which isn't really a lot with band, school, and work. Earlier this year, yeah, I was pretty bad. I would even take my computer to classes with me and not pay attention. Trust me kids, bad idea.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
Years
  • Age 28
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
Depends on how you look at it.
I don't have anything in common with the teenagers in my area, so the only way I can talk to other gamers and anime/toku fans is through the internet. I also mainly relax by by randomly browsing the internet.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
idk

i mean im on it too often and spend so much time online, but i don't have anything better to do and it's convenient? like when I practice guitar, I use online lessons because it's easier than a book and cheaper than paying for some random dude to teach me

when I want to watch a film I download it

it's easier to use for listening to music

it's easier to talk to people, but I could call them if I wanted

it's just all about convenience, if the internet suddenly disappeared, it wouldn't destroy my life. There are so many other things to do for nerds like me, read a book, listen to music/watch movies in conventional manners, go to a museum or something.

I wouldn't care much if it disappeared, but it would be annoying.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I used to be addicted to the internet, but I've been so busy with my job and starting college, I am not anymore.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I like using the internet, but I don't think I'm addicted. I don't mean this in a "He's in DENIAL!" sort of way: more in a case of I could live without it if it somehow disappeared. It would take a while to get used to, but I think I could do it eventually.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 28, 2019
I'd say I'm not really addicted to the internet just some specific sites, and if per say, the sites that I frequent were taken down, I'd probably not go on the internet as much.

Back