• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The disappointments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
The male protagonist's right arm placement. Like who does that?

I'm also disappointed in old Pokemon appearing in the main storyline but I guess since Unova is bigger, it fits.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Growlithe/Arcanine in the dex this time around. They were actually my least favorite Pokemon for a while (due to my fear/allergies/dislike of dogs) until Pikachu took over that top spot.

I'm actually dissatisfied with the revealed "old" Pokemon thus far... the only ones I would bother with would be Eevee (assuming I could evolve it into Jolteon in fairly short order), and the Beldum line.

I'm actually not disappointed by those. As far as I remember, Unova doesn't have that many useful physical fire types so thats a good thing tbh. I'll be disappointed in a lack of water ones though since Unova has not many at all :x

LoveableMew

Legendary
Years
Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 won't be released on 3DS because the first games are on the regular DS. It would be a dumb move to have the sequels on the 3DS and not have them on the DS. 2nd. A lot more people have the DS than the 3DS. The sequels will still be playable on the 3DS so I don't know why anyone on the net complains. Plus one can assume they are hinting at a possible Pokemon 3DS game with the stuff they plan on releasing on the eshop. Hopefully that clears that up ^.^

Now the only disappointment so far is not being able to transfer data from the first games onto the sequels.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Now the only disappointment so far is not being able to transfer data from the first games onto the sequels.

Well I dunno I didn't really expect that in the first place. What'd you mean by that, anyways? Save files? Don't know how that'd work out 2 years later. XD; Certainly didn't expect that, so ya. Maybe you can transfer things in other ways, or at least at minimum transfer the Pokemon at leasttt.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
I'm also disappointed in old Pokemon appearing in the main storyline but I guess since Unova is bigger, it fits.
I'm finding it really strange that people are actually disappointed with older Pokémon returning. Last time I checked, earlier on people were complaining that the Unova Pokémon got really boring and previous Pokémon should have been included. u_u Well we've pretty much experienced the Unova Pokémon fairly well, and to have them in the games again without the others would be bland, to be honest. We've seen these Pokémon many times, and sure we've seen the others many times as well, but to include them would be a given so the games don't get too boring (aside from the storyline). Plus who really wants to deal with trading to get more of the old Pokémon into Unova? :[

I'm actually not disappointed by those. As far as I remember, Unova doesn't have that many useful physical fire types so thats a good thing tbh. I'll be disappointed in a lack of water ones though since Unova has not many at all :x
If there aren't a lot of Water Pokémon included, I'm going to be disappointed too. They're my favorite types! n__n

Huggie

Mewtwo lover :3
Years
The only disappointment I have is the one I had since G/S/C came out...I just wish they would continue to add a second region as in crystal. After Johto you could go to Kanto. Why not travelling between regions in the followin games? I really think that black/white 2 should give us the opportunity to visit another region.

gunnerpow7

☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
Years
The only dissapointment I have is the game intro. It is like... umm... HG/SS theme with a hint of R/S/E music... And if you would noticed in the intro.. the pokeballs are 3D.... That's all... I like B/W's better tbh...

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
YES I feel the same gunner. :( When I saw the intro I was really disappointed. I think B/W just set me up for disappointment, since I really expected B2W2's to be amazing, but yeah idk doesn't really seem exciting at all, and is kinda taking a step back imo.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years

But why did it have to be the DOG based ones... why not Ponyta/Rapidash or something not based on an animal that, you know, has tried to slaughter me before?

Seriously, if they show up and the Meowth line DOESN'T show up, I'm not going to be a very happy camper.

Years
  • Seen May 7, 2012
No complaints atm. This game lets me use pokemon I actually like to look at while not having to a buy a handheld I don't want.

Also, I don't understand why everyone hates the male protagonist. N has green hair and a ponytail and everyone loves him.

But why did it have to be the DOG based ones... why not Ponyta/Rapidash or something not based on an animal that, you know, has tried to slaughter me before?

Seriously, if they show up and the Meowth line DOESN'T show up, I'm not going to be a very happy camper.

So, uh, if I'm correct, just because you're afraid of domesticated dogs they can't have a pokemon based on a dog in the game? I'm pretty sure GF isn't picking the pokemon based on preference between cats and dogs.

Also, I kind of doubt that a dog has tried to slaughter you, unless of course you maybe pissed off some highly trained Rottweiler or you decided to go pet a wolf in the forest.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
So, uh, if I'm correct, just because you're afraid of domesticated dogs they can't have a pokemon based on a dog in the game? I'm pretty sure GF isn't picking the pokemon based on preference between cats and dogs.

Also, I kind of doubt that a dog has tried to slaughter you, unless of course you maybe pissed off some highly trained Rottweiler or you decided to go pet a wolf in the forest.
Um, they can throw in whatever the heck they want to. Doesn't mean I have to LIKE every one they do decide to put in there. And it certainly doesn't mean YOU have the right to say I can't have an opinion on it or that I can't express that opinion.

And every time they've introduced a dog and a cat Pokemon in the same generation, which one has always had the better stats? I call bias.

And you've never met that really nasty dog that my one relative used to have. That thing attacked EVERYONE. So much so that a neighbor had to take care of it during an attack.

Ahem, apologies for that diversion from the topic at hand. Back on topic, if what's being speculated in the "Water Theme" threrad is true, I'm going to be quite disappointed if there's an abundance of water like in a certain also region.

And I was also hoping they'd put those awful Musicals to rest permanently.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
To be quite honest? I'm not going to start complaining until I have the game in my hands. I don't want to disappoint myself before I even pick up the game. So other than the male protagonist's hair I'm not really disappointed in anything. Old Pokemon coming back? Cool. Might be a little early for some but... I don't care. I can complain about that when I get the game. However, if more water types come into the game because of it then I'm not going to see it as much of a disappointment.

Just my two cents.

Years
To be quite honest? I'm not going to start complaining until I have the game in my hands.

This really.
I was, personally, let down by B&W because I just really didn't get into it at all. Maybe it was just down to my personal preferences and not liking Pokemon as much anymore, but I still feel it just didn't hold as much punch as the previous versions.

Anyway, I am going to reserve judgement before attacking it.​

LoveableMew

Legendary
Years

Well I dunno I didn't really expect that in the first place. What'd you mean by that, anyways? Save files? Don't know how that'd work out 2 years later. XD; Certainly didn't expect that, so ya. Maybe you can transfer things in other ways, or at least at minimum transfer the Pokemon at leasttt.

Basically yes saved files from either Black or White. It would of been interesting to see.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
People will be disappointed and excited for varies reasons. I on the other hand, don't ask for much from this game other than play an exciting storyline, which I also expect!

Gym Leaders? I expect them all to be different, doesn't hurt to be the same. Although I do want to see an appearance of Elesa and maybe Skyla SOMEWHERE!

Pokemon- I do believe there will be many, many, MANY return of past generation Pokemon in Black/White 2. The version differences may play a huge role. (Like Vulpix available in one, Growlithe in another for instance) Which can be a plus. I'm not sure how the fusion of Kyurem with Reshiram/Zekrom will turn out though. I have a gut feeling saying disappointments will occur here.

Disappointed as I once was for Black and White, I hope they can fix disappointments for Gym Re-Matches! Better bring those back!

Last edited:

Quixote

Pokemon Researcher
Years
Am I the only person in the world who prefers the BW2 male design over the first one?

Nothing is disappointing me yet... except lack of information haha.

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years
I'm disappointed because of lack of following Pokemon and the design of male character. I didn't like female protagonist until I saw her sprite which is lovely.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I was expecting it as soon as it was announced, but I'm still slightly disappointed that BW2 will still be set in Unova. It probably is my least favourite out of all the regions, so it's a slight disappointment that these games will be set there, as much sense as it does make.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I was expecting it as soon as it was announced, but I'm still slightly disappointed that BW2 will still be set in Unova. It probably is my least favourite out of all the regions, so it's a slight disappointment that these games will be set there, as much sense as it does make.

I'm kinda disappointed about that too because mostly I wanted a brand new region :x I'd still rather it was Unova than any other region actually. XD;

Also CatDog you suck, Unova is amazing.

ShadowStriatonTriad

Shadow Triad Elite
Years
I'm disappointed because I didn't see Cilan in the previews.:cer_cry: Also, I'm disappointed that Vulpix isn't included as a wild Pokemon (since they are putting Pokemon from previous generations in Unova for who knows why...)I was also hoping for some voicing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back