• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Favorite TM/HM?

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
So, what was your favorite TM (and/or HM) from Generation III?

As for TMs, my favorite would be TM02 Dragon Claw. Boy did I clone the crap out of that one in Emerald... XD

I'd say my favorite HM would be Surf. 95 power, 15 PP, AND reusable? Yeah.

Years
EQ all the way. 100 power with 100acc, perfect.
From HMs, Surf is the best. It's pretty similar to EQ.
Back when I was playing through the games, these two would probably have been my answers as well (although Return seemed to work really well for my Sceptile). And not only was it my favorite HM, but I'd have to say that Surf is my favorite Water-type move of all time.

Years
  • Age 43
  • Seen Jan 30, 2017
The original lovable tms

flamethrower thunderbolt ice beam and surf

i mean who doesn't love these moves

Years
Surf definitely, I always equip it on my Water-types because it's reliable and helps you travel on water!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 13, 2021
HM Dive! It's a shame that Dive has so much more potential in terms of using it outside of battle though. I don't have a favourite TM.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
My favorite is Flamethrower, especially since you can get it however many times you want in RSE. :) It's also my favorite move anyway, so yeah!

As for TMs that were introduced in gen III, I'll go with Dragon Claw. Awesome move, and I always seem to use it and never have one to send over to my storage game, lol. I need mooore.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
Aerial Ace, cos everybody likes a 100% hitting chance right?

Years
TM 22 Solarbeam just cause it's one of my fave moves :D

I also like Toxic, Aerial Ace, Psychic and Earthquake, the latter of which because it meant I could evolve my Rhydon earlier and teach it to it instead of waiting to learn it lol :)

Hon. mention to Shadow Ball, Ice Beam, Giga Drain and Dig :)

HM-wise I quite like Waterfall, I think it's pretty :) Also liked the introduction of Dive, that was pretty neat outside of battle.

Schwan

Frontier Brain
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 2, 2016
Overheat was always a must on whoever could use it for me, I'd use it on someone like Manectric and he was a boss.

Years
  • Seen Feb 20, 2013
My Favorite move has to be razor leaf, i know its not the most powerful but i defiantly used it a hell of alot

Back