• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Lightning Yellow

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
Version 0.18 my pikachu didnt come with lightball

Did you start the game before updating to 0.18?

btw Des, are you planning on releasing this to other formats? like any mobile OS?
i dont have any idea on how long porting to a different device takes, but if you dont have any plans, its ok too since we can get a larger resolution on 0.19 anyway
thanks

There's no plan to port to anything else. I've only been programming for iOS for a few months so don't know how to do it. That and i'd probably get my developer account banned since it'd be uploading copywrited material which is against Apples terms of service.

Ycia

Metal Generation.♥
Years
So.. I've just finished downloading Demo.zip and 0.18.zip.
Extracting.. Annnddd.. Corrupt @_@..
Spoiler:

Is it my internet? I'm terribly depressed right now.. lol

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
I love what you've done, this is awesome, and its one of the coolest games I've seen in a while!

I'll be making Lorelei and possibly Agatha trainer sprite for my game, you are welcome to use them after I finish them

And here is the Lorelei sprite

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 30, 2013
The game crashed right after I saved in the fan club. Also my Pikachu has the Pokerus. The game crashed occasionally when I talk to him.

Script 'Interpreter * Edited' line 281: RuntimeError occurred.
Script error within map 48 (Pokemon Fan Club):
Exception: NameError
Message: (eval):1:in 'pbExecuteScript' uninitialized constant
PBSpecies::PIKACHU_NE
**Full script:
$Trainer.pokemonParty[5].species==::PBSpecies::PIKACHU_NE
Interpreter * Edited:241:in `pbExecuteScript'
Interpreter * Edited:787:in `eval'
Interpreter * Edited:241:in `pbExecuteScript'
Interpreter * Edited:787:in `command_111'
Interpreter * Edited:320:in `execute_command'
Interpreter * Edited:193:in `update'
Interpreter * Edited:106:in `loop'
Interpreter * Edited:198:in `update'
Interpreter * Edited:124:in `update'
Interpreter * Edited:106:in `loop'

The game is fully updated to 0.18 and It works smoothly when I new game. My only guess is that there is something wrong in the Fan Club in Vermillion. By any chance can you make a hotfix on this?

I'm a newbie at the forum to share any links but my channel name is 'superhans8'
Check part 12 of my Playthrough and skip to 20:50. That's where I get the error.

Btw, I'm a huge fan of your work! Keep it up!

Years
  • Seen Mar 22, 2013
I'm getting this error after the title screen:

Script 'Sockets' line 568: TypeError occurred.
nil is not a symbol

What's going on here? This is a bug, right?

Gusano2314

Worm Launcher :U
Years
  • Seen Apr 5, 2013
wow, nice pokemon yellow remake, i have no words to explain the awesome of this.

Years
  • Seen Mar 17, 2013
Alright i have a problem
I go into cerulean gym & battle the first trainer. it gets to the point where he is about to send out his first pokemon, says "swimmer Tom sent out Horsea" then it freezes. Someone HELP
I have 0.18 update

Years
  • Seen Mar 19, 2013
I'm getting this error after the title screen:

Script 'Sockets' line 568: TypeError occurred.
nil is not a symbol

What's going on here? This is a bug, right?
I'm having the same problem, might anyone please help me? :( I really want to play this game so bad.. Tweet me or facebook message me please when this gets solved..
Just search @AlmightyDabsi at twitter and Dabsi Ramales at Facebook. Please and Thank you

Years
  • Seen Mar 20, 2013
I'm having the same problem, might anyone please help me? :( I really want to play this game so bad.. Tweet me or facebook message me please when this gets solved..
Just search @AlmightyDabsi at twitter and Dabsi Ramales at Facebook. Please and Thank you

Run as administrator. From now on, if you have a problem running/opening any software/programs EVER, do run as administrator first before posting for aid. :) HAS FUNS

Years
  • Seen Mar 22, 2013
Run as administrator. From now on, if you have a problem running/opening any software/programs EVER, do run as administrator first before posting for aid. :) HAS FUNS
Ran as admin, didn't work. I even tried compatibility settings, but I get the same error message every time :(

getulioroyal

Sofft
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 4, 2014
@desbrina

Me and some friends started playing the yellow lightning and we are really impressed with the game, VERY GOOD, but there are still minor bugs in pieces of the map black and VERY'd like the GTS work.

You stopped working on the game? When version 1.9 comes out?

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
Progress has been slow, but i've not stopped working on it. Working on getting the GTS up-to-date for the new version.

GTS Progress
Add pokemon - complete
Return old pokemon - complete
Returning new pokemon - complete
Seek pokemon - not started
Trade Pokemon - not started
Friend trade - not started

If you can let me know which maps are showing black that'd help.

0.19 will be released once the gts is up and running, and the elite four maps are finished. Maps are done, just need to fix up the battles

getulioroyal

Sofft
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 4, 2014
Cool, you also already aware that in some places of the map tiles missing, and the map is black '.

If I can help with anything?

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
Can you let me know which maps your found with tile problems so i can doiuble check they've been fixed

Years
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013
Hi desbrina, first of all great job!!!

Second if you want i can help you to make an spanish mode of the game ;) (i could translate all the text to that language )

Third i saw earlier that you are not planning to release de game to other plataforms but, do you know if it is possible to convert this game to a gba(for example or .nds or apk or Ipa) format i ask you this because people could play more if the game where portable (i know that gba format would not support online features but was an idea)

Keep going you are doing great so far

Last edited:
Back