• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What are your favorite/least favorite part of the X&Y

Years
  • Seen Jun 10, 2023
For me, my least favorite thing was that there wasn't a battle facility like in the previous generations. I don't really care about competitive battling or EV or IV training. I like being able to beat the pokemon league multiple times along with training the pokemon. I like being to battle at like a battle frontier type thing. That was my favorite thing to do in Emerald/Platinum. Like I said I've never really cared about competitive battling or even caring about battling with other people.

I'm just curious as to what you guys find are some pros and cons of this generation so far.

Bobbylicious

Banned
Years
least favorite: probably post game or near the end of the game, where you have to do like 592534 team flare battles (the bit between the 7th and 8th gym i think). Friend safari is a disappointment
fav: little caves (they're annoying), nice storyline, idk?? not good at thinkin of my fav party.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 20, 2014
Fav: Good starters, good storyline, decent post-game, and probably the new pokemon.
Least fav: Short, easy game, post-game is to short, and the region is to small.

Mkeg7

Bam Bam Boogie ツ
Years
My con is that like in the previous generation, after you beat the pokemon league the elite four would become stronger, but that doesn't seem to happen in Pokemon X & Y, which was a downer to me and my friends.

Rapture11

All about Battle Spot <3
Years
The post-game, friend safari, region is small but that clues a Pokemon x, there could be more locations as look at the map.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
The storyline of the games really captivated me in a way. Especially during the legendary battle against Xerneas (since I had X!). The story of AZ and his Floette was the highlight of the game that I loved the most, and I just...cried!

Least favorite thing I like about the games is probably the long, long, long, long long way from Santalune to Cyllage. Took me 3-4 days to get there. Not cool, man. xD

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
My favorite part of the game is definitely Pokemon-amie. It was the feature I was most excited about when it was announced, and the one that put X/Y at the number two spot in the list of my favorite Pokemon games. I have a weak spot for cuteness, and being able to pet my army of Pokemon named Angel (why do I have so many) is great.

There are a few things that I don't like about X/Y. The ease of the game, though part of that could be because I've been playing Pokemon for years unlike new fans. I'm also bothered by the lack of post-game content.

Years
I could go on about what's awesome about the game, but for what I don't like, there's the fact that there's very little as far as fun battles go, especially in the post-game. There is the Looker Bureau, but that only goes on for so long. There is some legendary hunting, but nothing too exciting. I don't battle, so i'm really just in for collecting.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 26, 2016
Many great things about the game, wondertrading, Mega Evolutions and move animations as well as other online facilities . Worst things about the game are the lack of gen 6 legendaries however it looks like this will change soon and the very very short post game.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
Favorite part is definitely the new Destiny Knot breeding mechanics. I honestly wouldn't be able to figure out how to IV breed in previous generations.

Can't really hate on any part of the games, so I guess the lack of Vs Seeker disappointed me. Hate having limited trainers to battle when I need to level up. Can't really bother with the restaurants either.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
For me, I would say character customization. I've always wanted to see a feature like this in Pokémon games, and to finally have it happen was a dream come true. Though, it would have been nice if we had access to more outfits, accessories, and things like that. If they wanted, they could have made these things downloadable. That way, they would've been able to make some extra cash. Aside from that, I also really like Pokémon-Amie. This allows you to play around with your Pokémon, which is really cool.

My least favorite thing would be the storyline. I mean, it was interesting, but it was also sort of short. If it were longer, it would've been a lot better. To me, it seems as if they've rushed through it. They definitely should have taken more time. :p

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Oct 16, 2023
Graphics, customisation, wonder trade, friend safari... yesh i could go on forever on what what they added in this genoration, untill i realize that the game just ends once you beat the e4. X-Y could have been a lot better if they added some more stuff at the end.

Years
My fave feature was Pokemon Amie, for the same reasons as Asty. I have a soft spot for being cute and playing with my Pokemon was one thing I always wanted to do, and sometimes the reactions leave me cracked up laughing.

Least fave? Not really much to say here although I do admit the lack of post-game is kinda saddening. I was hoping for more until when I learned how small it was thanks to the "early release leaks" of the game.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
My favourite part of the game has to be the Pokemon Amie and the story of AZ's Floette. So heartrendingly beautiful. ;;

My least favourite is probably how you can't really do anything after the Pokemon league. :I Unless you're into IV training, breeding etc.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 2, 2014
I really liked the wonder trade function, you don't know what you will get but I didn't like that we get the roller skates very early in the game.

Years
IMO I do not have a favorite part of the game. My favorite thing is competitive battling but that goes through every game. I would have to say if anything it is nice to have the 3D sprites after wanting them ever since Pokemon Stadium

My least favorite part has to be lack of a post-game. I love legendary hunting especially when it is such a challenge just to find the legends in their caves or other hideouts. In this game the mascot legend was just there for you, Zygarde was cool to find, Mewtwo literally was right there when you got inside the cave, and the bird was a challenge.
Also lack of an elite 4 re-battle. When I first saw the Elite 4's Pokemon I thought there would be a chance that you would each of them with a mega evolution and 6 pokemon.

Elements1

Meh
Years
I was really hoping for a challenge mode, much like B2/W2 had, I felt the gameplay was too easy. Also the trading and GTS were a bit disappointing, how you both had to cancel a trade for it to end, and in the GTS people request pokemon that are not even possible to give.

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
Years
I love Pokemon Amie. It's so adorable. I loved the concept of Nintendogs, but I wasn't ready to pay for that exclusively lol now I feel like I pretty much got the same thing for free, just integrated into Pokemon <3

I love the majority of the new Pokemon as well as the layout of the region.

Biggest thing I despise would be the team. Aside Lysandre, there was no charisma at all. They were just kinda "there." Honestly, they were worse than Team Plasma with their goals and ambitions. There was nothing frightening about them. The grunts didn't feel like bad guys. It just didn't seem legitimate. They need to go back to their roots when designing these bad guys with their evil intentions. I didn't like Gen III, but at least Team Magma and Team Aqua felt real to me :(

Back