machomuu

Lilybilly

Male
Americalanavania
Seen 3 Hours Ago
Posted 3 Days Ago
10,422 posts
11.6 Years
I don't know if there'd be a point in turning items into monsters. I always hated that about the newer gens... Call me a genwunner(even though I like the first 3 gens) and sure, we had Magnemite, but magnets are a naturally occurring thing. Trashbags and icecream cones lol... so yeah I don't know about the inanimate objects being used for pokemon battles. However, if there was a way to do ASM hacking and allow for Key Items to be used for HM moves, I could see the master sword being used for cut, maybe even if you cut the grass it has a higher chance of a battle, and if I'm REALLY lucky and find someone who knows what they're doing, the L and R buttons could be used to switch between items or something. Just a thought, really really reaching there haha. I still think those key items should be found in a chest in the dungeon though. Anyone else have any thoughts on this?
It's definitely possible, it's actually a...I don't want to say relatively common feature, because you actually don't see it too often, but it is implemented into various hacks and it's at least a widely acknowledged technique. I've always been a fan of it myself due to the difficult and spacious nature of HMs, and in this context it would work great, especially thanks to Select Hotkeying.

I was thinking about that, what if Link received an item, such as a staff or something that needed a certain type of crystal or something to capture and use the monsters? There could be weaker crystals(or whatever), like the pokeball, etc etc etc to the Masterball type crystal? the animation for him sending out the Pokemon would be him using the staff or something. You'd need to buy the crystals from the shops of course.
Crystals would actually be a good idea. I'm just spitballing here, but if there were...say, crystals that were in some way in affiliation to one of the Goddesses that created the planet (Din, Naryu, and Farore). They don't necessarily have to be special crystals, but they vary in quality (and the quality represents their catching power.

And, for the sake of lore, their capturing capabilities are available to Link only because of the Triforce that he bares. That's one idea, at least.
Lize stands for:
L - Love
I - Of
Z - My
E - Life
Eternally bound, eternally paired, eternally Dutch. Say hi to her will ya? It'll be the best decision you make today. Promise.