Plumbum

The Dandy Highwayman (That You're Too Scared to Mention)

Age 25
Male
Chichester, UK
Seen June 16th, 2019
Posted August 6th, 2018
101 posts
5.5 Years
So Thrace is killing and stuff. What's it like living and knowing soon everything might be over?

You don't think of it like that. It could be, but that's exactly what I'm fighting to stop and if we have to be so defeatist about this... if I've done my job right and Thrace still wins, I'll be dead and I won't see whatever Thrace does to our world.

If you could do any other job in Exathor besides being in the Gold Tribe, what would you do?

I.... I.... don't think... I don't know. I mean... fighting, being in the Gold Tribe... it's all I've ever known, it's all I'm good at. I couldn't do anything else and I wouldn't leave my station for the world.

Why did you get the name Vanguard?

Well, we choose our own titles! I thought it suited me, when Percy told me I was kind of "Do first, fear for yourself later".

What has been your biggest failure so far?

(Petrina is taking some considerable time in silence)

I was in charge of my brothers and sisters at home... and I don't know if any of them are alive any more. We should have just abandoned home and fought with the others, but we were too headstrong to keep where we live... Hindsight's a beautiful thing, isn't it?

There's been some suspicious reports tying you with the Emperor. Intimately. Care to comment on that?

Consider this interview over. Thanks for your time.

And some returns to Gerrick.
1. Tell me, now we know your true colours, do you ever look back and regret anything you've done?
2. So, bandit? What gave you such disrepect for the law?
3. There's always a line, isn't there? Where would you draw it? How far would you go for your pay? Would you steal delicious confectionery from an infant, for example?
4. How do you think your sudden captivity is affecting you? Got Stockholm Syndrome for the Tribe yet?
5. Are there any particular members of the Tribe you dislike less than the rest? Or maybe hate more intensely?
6. What is the airspeed of an unladen swallow?
I tear my heart open, I sew myself shut,
and my weakness is that I cared too much...