• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you like or not like about traded Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
Years
I like using them because of the increased experience, the fact that they are essential to winning the lottery, and the fact that I just have another unique specimen. The only real thing that I don't like is not being able to rename them. Sure, I have seen some really cool ones, but I have also seen some that were really stupid.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
I don't really dislike anything about traded Pokemon, except if they come from an unknown place like the GTS there's always a chance it could be hacked :/

I love the fact that it get's boosted EXP <3

Years
  • Seen yesterday
The nickname issue would only bother me if I received one in a trade that had a really ridiculous or offensive one. Has yet to happen, thankfully.

The only thing that really bothers me is the disobedience issue. I find myself wanting to start over with a team I've never tried before (get bored with the early Pokemon fairly quickly), but with the day care several hours of gameplay away (so I can't start with freshly hatched Pokemon) and the fact that traded Pokemon won't listen after a certain point, it's just too much of an irritation to think about. Wouldn't be such a big deal if there was more variety early on, but what are you gonna do?

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
Years
I love the boosted experience (EXP) gain, but hate the disobedience factor and the locking of the rename feature. If I can breed the traded Pokemon in question, then that's what I'll do. Or I'll specify the preferred nickname in advance. I still dislike it when the Original Trainer is different in the summary screen, though.

Version mascots are a toughie to get with decent nicknames and such, which is one reason I prefer to wait for third versions now. I can get all three version mascots in one game, rather than having to receive some Groudon that was stupidly named AAAAAAAAAA. :t383:

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
I love when Pokemon gain extra experience :D

I hate that you can't change their names.

katmanic

PokéManiac
Years
Hm... Like everyone else is saying, the EXP is fantastic, but the name lock is crap. I traded something a long time ago for a Vespiquen... and the idiot who traded it with me named it BEE AHH! x.o

HinaBaby

#1 Spongebob Fan!
Years
I don't really have a big issue on this, but I feel guilty that I got them without training them myself.

Christy Weavile

What is logic?
Years
You know what they should do? They should ask you when you're trading: "Do you want to give permission for this pokemon to be renamed? Yes/No"

Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Sep 11, 2017
I like the boosted EXP to help them grow faster, that's fantastic (especially paired with an EXP. Share) but I dislike the nicknames and disobedience. There's nothing more frustrating than trying to beat a gym leader with an awesome pokemon that could easily decimate them if they'd only listen to your commands! I also like them in breeding, so I can get an egg faster with one of my own pokemon and another with a different trainer ID.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Oh my, this thread is from 2011. Please don't post in threads over a month old!

Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back