• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gay marriage opponent kills himself in Paris' Notre Dame

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
A bat**** crazy bigot offs himself by blowing out his brains?

Meh. Nothing of value was lost.

I feel sorry for the people who have to clean it up though. One to the head makes you dead - But it also makes a hell of a mess.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Well that's...grim. I imagine that was terrifying for anyone around. I'm not sure how to word this...and it will probably come out wrong cause I am not good with wording things, but so many people, mainly teenagers, that are gay end up killing themselves. So it's kind of...striking to see pretty much the opposite here. Of course I'm sure this can't be the only case, but it's the only one I've seen as of now.

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
Years
Worse things have happened in that church, haha. I hope he didn't think he was making some radical statement or something by doing that. You really do have to be fairly mental to end your life in some infantile rage at having your bigotry "defeated" by societal consensus.

Sir Codin

This guy did it completely wrong. Here's why:

a) He killed himself for bigot ideals.

b) He didn't use strong enough methods. A bullet to the brain isn't grandiose enough, not to mention it's for pussies - use self-immolation.

Years
I really didn't expect the French to be this embattled over the gay marriage debate, or that the counter protests would become this extreme. This is lunacy.

Years
  • Age 51
  • Seen Jul 22, 2016
In this world, lunacy is the new normal. This story is only one of many that I've read recently that has left me scratching my head. This keeps up I'm going to develop a bald spot!

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
Years
  • Seen Sep 25, 2020
It's his loss. He is the one that doesn't get to live anymore. He made that choice for himself, so I feel no sympathy for the man. It isn't like the people he unjustly hates for who they love, they can't decide that. His hate is entirely unfounded and the fact that he so radically clings to such beliefs even in the 21st century speaks ill of him and his. I mean, I suppose it is sad for his loved ones, but I've seen much worse happens to supporters of gay marriage, at the hands of the opponents, even, rather than themselves. If someone from the other side of the political spectrum had done this, then it might be a little bit more newsworthy. At is is now, he's just another lunatic who decided to off himself... there's about another 2000 who do that on a daily basis, mostly unrecognized... this guy is not special for being scum.

Back