• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shining Duo:OU RMT

Ev Trainer X

Your average insane gamer
Years
As the title suggests, this team focuses on two main attackers, with the rest of the team supporting them.

478.png

Mamoswine @ Leftovers
Jolly
252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Snow Cloak

Stealth Rock, Earthquake, Ice Shard, Stone Edge

Not a very common lead, I know, but still an effective one. Ice Shard has both STAB and priority, and his STAB EQ is the third strongest in the game according to Smogon. SR is a must on any lead, and Focus Sash makes sure he gets it up. Stone Edge is to handle Gyarados.

376.png

Metagross @ Expert Belt
Naughty
252 Atk / 124 SpA / 132 Spe
Clear Body

Meteor Mash, Earthquake, Shadow Ball, Grass Knot

The first main pokemon of the team. With his atk capping at 405 and STAB, Meteor Mash annihilates damn near anything that doesn't resist it, and even a couple that do. Earthquake is for power and fire types. Shadow Ball takes out unsavory ghosts and other psychics. And Grass Knot is to handle Swampert and other bulky waters that aren't Vaporeon.

149.png

Dragonite @ Life Orb
Mild
116 Atk / 192 SpA / 200 Spe
Inner Focus

Superpower, Draco Meteor, Flamethrower, ThunderPunch

The other main pokemon of the team. These two cover each other's weaknesses very well. Superpower is for...well, power. Draco Meteor is for STAB. Flamethrower handles Bronzong, Scizor and any other steel types. I put T-Punch over T-bolt because, well, who would expect it? "Oh, look, a Mixnite. I'll just send out Tentacruel and use Ice be-OH MY GOD!" Yeeeaaaah...

73.png

Tentacruel @ Leftovers
Calm
252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SpD
Liquid Ooze

Toxic Spikes, Rapid Spin, Surf, Sludge Bomb.

While he won't be able heal the team like Vaporeon, he can get rid of entry hazards and lay down some himself, all the while still being a great counter to Infernape. Sludge Bomb and Surf are pretty obvious.

500.png

Rotom-C @ Leftovers
Bold
252 HP / 168 Def / 88 Spe
Levitate

Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball, Will-O-Wisp, Leaf Storm

I realized that I needed a spin-blocker to keep SR from getting blown away. So, I decided on a Rotom form, and a defensive one, at that. T-bolt and Shadow Ball both have STAB. Will-O-Wisp stops opposing sweepers in their tracks, and Leaf Storm is for power alone.

291.png

Ninjask @ Leftovers
Jolly
176 HP / 252 Atk / 80 Spe
Speed Boost

X-Scissor, Subsitute, Protect, Baton Pass.

When I decided on Mixgross and Mixnite, I immediately knew speed would be a problem. And who better to pass speed than this sweet little ninja bug? The moveset is obvious, so I'll skip that.

That's it. So, what do you think?

Last edited:

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
Years
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Ninjask is useless on this team. You don't have a dedicated physical sweeper to pass to. Dragonite and Metagross are mixed sweepers, so they don't count because they only have two physical moves each. And both Metagross and Dragonite share the same weaknesses that Ninjask has (Fire, Ice, or Rock) so Baton Passing would be dangerous since your switch in will get hit by a supereffective move and get KOed. Furthermore, there's nothing stopping the opponent from simply using Roar/Whirlwind.

Tentacruel isn't a wise choice either. Having two Infernape counters on one team is redundant, plus both your walls are weak to Electric. Life Orb Jolteon will sweep your entire team.

Your last slot should be a sweeper Pokemon that resists Electric and can benefit from having opponent walls defeated by your two wallbreakers. Flygon is a good choice because with bulky Waters and Steel types defeated, Flygon can use Outrage without fear of getting walled.

Flygon @Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd

-Outrage
-Earthquake
-U-Turn
-Stone Edge/Fire Punch

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Ev Trainer X

Your average insane gamer
Years
I said I would REPLACE Vaporeon with Tentacruel. :/ As for my Ninjask problem, that just takes prediction, I know they share weaknesses. If I see a Rock or Ice type move coming, I switch to Metagross. If it's a fire type move, I go with Dragonite. Rotom resists electric type moves and Mamoswine is immune. I never said Mamoswine was a suicide lead.

Sigh. Could somebody actually read the post in entirety before throwing out a rating?

Last edited:

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
That set is a suicide lead ._. You set up SR, get sash activated, and hope you can hit with Endeavor...

Years
  • Seen Jul 4, 2015
Yea I have to agree with the general electric weakness. I can see zapdos screwing you over so i'd definitely keep stone edge if you choose that flygon. Also if tentacruel is down and a heatran gets a flash fire boost, you've lost. Pretty good team synergy, but theres a few weaknesses that you have no defence against.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
As the title suggests, this team focuses on two main attackers, with the rest of the team supporting them.

478.png

Mamoswine @ Leftovers
Jolly
252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Snow Cloak

Stealth Rock, Earthquake, Ice Shard, Stone Edge

Mamo isnt effective at all these days. The leads its is meant to beat (Heatran) have a shuca berry and things like Azelf, Machamp and Jirachi negate it totally and bulky leads like Forry and Skarm just rofl at it. There are much more effective leads, i suggest you get one.

376.png

Metagross @ Expert Belt
Naughty
EVs: 80 HP/72 Atk/104 Spd/252 SAtk
Clear Body

Hammer Arm, Psychic, Hidden Power Fire, Grass Knot

This set is superior at wall breaking.

2hko's Rotom-A, Gliscor with Psychic with SR up and also offensive Gyara again with SR up and does ~40% to STalker Gyara. 2HKO's Bliss and nearly OHKO's Heatran with Hammer Arm. HP Fire 2hko's Skarm and OHKO's Forry. Max sp.att, enough for 181 speed things around that area a little in HP to help cushion Stone Edges from CB Tar and the like.

149.png

Dragonite @ Life Orb
Rash
EVs: 52 Atk / 252 SpA / 204 Spe
Inner Focus

Superpower, Draco Meteor, Flamethrower, Roost

ThunderPunch is dumb. Tentacruel cant even hit D-Nite and gets worn down by Meteors due to no recovery. You also need more speed to get to 246 which is important to beat max speed tar, and defensive stuff like 36 speed Celebi, Jira and Zappy. Rash > Mild so Scizor cant BP you as easily and also helps with other priority.

73.png

Tentacruel @ Leftovers
Calm
252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SpD
Liquid Ooze

Toxic Spikes, Rapid Spin, Surf, Sludge Bomb.

Really dead weight, honestly...

500.png

Rotom-C @ Leftovers
Bold
252 HP / 168 Def / 88 Spe
Levitate

Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball / Substitute, Will-O-Wisp, Pain Split

Rotom with no recovery = lol. Sub is also better than S-Ball imo since if you're using T-Spikes you cant burn stuff then CB Tar can come in and Pursuit you. Sub scouts that then lets you stall with T-Spikes down with Pain Split letting you choose what to burn.

291.png

Ninjask @ Leftovers
Jolly
176 HP / 252 Atk / 80 Spe
Speed Boost

X-Scissor, Subsitute, Protect, Baton Pass.

Useless pokemon is frikking useless. Dont use this trash. SR weak (not like Tenta can spin well with Rotom-A, Gengar etc), Bullet Punch weak, Taunt weak, Phazing weak...yeah. :/

Comments in bold.

Id get a good late game cleaner over NubJask honestly. Nothing poses a threat late game here at all and Tentacruel is dead weight and Mamo is rather outclassed leading.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I feel that Rotom-H is a better alternative than Rotom-C, IMO. The only difference is that the former has Overheat, which is essentially the same as Leaf Storm, only that it has the ability to take down Scizor and Forretress.

Back