• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

redwolf915

Trainer
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 28, 2014
Where's the bad to the bone event? I can't find it.

West of Viridian. You have to complete the other events over there as well. Check the episode list to make sure you get them all. After that. Talk to Oak to receive permission to continue.

Years
  • Seen Oct 30, 2011
Im So sad metapod only has 37 episodes left to go after that what will happen to this hack ????? hope he does something extra like a new hack but sadly im sure matapod also has things to do more important than hacking. :(

WrathOfArceus

Arceus Tamer
Years
  • Seen Aug 16, 2011
I mean That On my rom Of beta3.03,I am in viridian forest,and the trainer sends out a LV97 Pokemon.

I tried changing it with advanced trainer,But it said it was on LV 9,But It Ain't

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Quick screenshot update:

ashpidgeot.png

Flying on Pidgeot :)

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Wow metapod,I don't even know how to make the main character fly at all, I'm impressed :)

It's only an OW change using JPAN's engine. You're basically riding the bike, but it just looks like you're on Pidgeot. Then I just made a map to look like the sky. It's not too hard.

Where can I download this Ash Gray game it sounds awesome?

First Page.

Years
  • Seen Oct 16, 2012
I uhh.. I need help bad please~!! I started playing da 3.03 update right where da last one left off (Where you have to show Timmy dat Meowth) and once I pass da Pokemon League Entrance Exam, I cant seem to figure out where to go!! Da only places are Down (Where da boat to Cinnabar ish, but da dude says it aint ready yet) and left where da 5-star Pokemon breeding house is.. but when i try to enter da 5-star place, my screen goes black n i have to shut it off!! Anyone know wats wrong??

P.S. I patched a clean Firered version, not da v2.5 i was previously playing!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Can someone tell me if I can just patch my older beta and then continue from where I left off or do I have to patch a Fire red version rom and start over? I don't mind either way cause I love this hack. Also can someone tell me a patch tool I should download cause I accidently deleted my old one.

redwolf915

Trainer
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 28, 2014
Can someone tell me if I can just patch my older beta and then continue from where I left off or do I have to patch a Fire red version rom and start over? I don't mind either way cause I love this hack. Also can someone tell me a patch tool I should download cause I accidently deleted my old one.

Get a fresh rom. You can most likely continue from where you left off with a savestate.

Use Lunarips

Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2018
has anybody downloaded beta 3.03? if so has anybody encountered when you walk to to the end of open land and there are a bunch of characters there then the game freezes? i tried loading my game from the normal 2.5 z beta with the new 3.03 beta on top but doesnt seem like it works and just downloaded the latest one but doesnt work. am i the only having this problem? any suggestions?

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I mean That On my rom Of beta3.03,I am in viridian forest,and the trainer sends out a LV97 Pokemon.

I tried changing it with advanced trainer,But it said it was on LV 9,But It Ain't
Huh... pretty bad ROM I guess o.O Never happened to me...
Guess you can try to repatch... (save your game in Viridian PC, patch new ROM and use the old save state)

Quick screenshot update:

ashpidgeot.png

Flying on Pidgeot :)
Nice!

It's only an OW change using JPAN's engine. You're basically riding the bike, but it just looks like you're on Pidgeot. Then I just made a map to look like the sky. It's not too hard.
Oh yeah! I was right! :D
I though it was a bicycle, Wesley did the same thing with LP :D

I uhh.. I need help bad please~!! I started playing da 3.03 update right where da last one left off (Where you have to show Timmy dat Meowth) and once I pass da Pokemon League Entrance Exam, I cant seem to figure out where to go!! Da only places are Down (Where da boat to Cinnabar ish, but da dude says it aint ready yet) and left where da 5-star Pokemon breeding house is.. but when i try to enter da 5-star place, my screen goes black n i have to shut it off!! Anyone know wats wrong??

P.S. I patched a clean Firered version, not da v2.5 i was previously playing!
Guess you can also try to repatch... (top of my post)

Years
i wanna ask metapod that can't u place EVERSTONE and early in the game coz i want to evolve my bulbasaur as soon as it grows to lv 16 but seen that it learns Solarbeam late in the game, I am desperate. Also can't u place extra trainers so that our poke team also reach a decent level before facing a gym leader.
Another thng that many people have reported bugs and errors in ur beta 3.03 i thnk u should test ur beta 3.05 completely so that there should b no error or bug in it.

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
i wanna ask metapod that can't u place EVERSTONE and early in the game coz i want to evolve my bulbasaur as soon as it grows to lv 16 but seen that it learns Solarbeam late in the game, I am desperate. Also can't u place extra trainers so that our poke team also reach a decent level before facing a gym leader.
Another thng that many people have reported bugs and errors in ur beta 3.03 i thnk u should test ur beta 3.05 completely so that there should b no error or bug in it.

I tested the beta before I released it - I encountered none of the errors reported when I did. The errors being reported now aren't universal errors, meaning only a few people are encountering them, and I don't have a fix for them at the moment anyway.

As far as everstones, Bulbasaur is holding an everstone when you catch it. There's also a hidden everstone somewhere around Charmander.

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Update: All of the Indigo League episodes are completed. I'll start testing tomorrow, but I'm not sure when it will be ready for release.

Years
  • Seen Oct 16, 2012
Heyy Metapod?? Im having issues entering the 5-star breeding house, wen i enter da screen turns black, n i have to reset!! I think i need to go inside to continue, but i cant!! Do yuu know wat i can do to fix it??

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
Will you be testing the entire game again, or just the Indigo episodes?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
This is weird guys... I have not encountered these bugs you are reporting... which puts Metapod into really tight spot since he cannot know what to do to fix it if it only glitches for some people...
Are you guys sure you did not do something that might cause errors in game...?
Like cheating or something?

Back