• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

What do you think the News will be on the 8th of January?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Hm... something's weird about the countdown clock on the Japanese Pokémon website, though it reads the internal clock's timezone on your computer... but I think it's missing the Daylight Saving function. Well it's understandable because Japan doesn't get Daylight Savings. So obviously it's set to 6pm in their time for the Pokémon Direct to air, so by the time it's 6pm there, it will be 8pm in my timezone here in Warrnambool, Victoria, Australia.

But wow, I'm really looking forward to it, I'm so excited! (Even if it's in Japanese which I can't read) I have never been this excited before in such a very long time. ^^

I wonder, what time will it be for you guys when it airs in Japan at 6pm?

blue

gucci
Years
But why is Masuda promoting this so heavily, and it's not only in the UK but US, Japan, France, Spain etc. They wouldn't title it "Major Announcement" if they were just going to talk about how they plan to expand/evolve Pokemon for this year, surely they'll reveal something which will hopefully be game related.
"Junichi Masuda @ Junichi_Masuda
@ Shoko_nkgw is Masuda, Game Freak! Shokotan! Please look! > Tuesday, January 08, from 20:00, delivery "Pokémon Direct" Internet relay! From "Pokemon"!'ll Tell you up-to-date information to all # pokemon http://www. Pokemon.Co.Jp / ex / Important_a Nnounce / ..."

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
Years
Wow...the first time I've actually had time to log in to PokeCommunity in ages, and I get floored with some mega-announcement tomorrow. XD Very interesting; great way to start off 2013, at least. :D

That and the fact it's a Nintendo direct makes me 99 percent sure it'll be game(s). However it could be virtual console FrLg or another retro pokemon game...but I don't think so.

I'm guessing the first two thirds will be introduce themselves and a tid bit about the franchise, announce, explain, and the end will be footage.

Virtual Console releases of FireRed/LeafGreen Versions or even the original Red/Blue/Yellow Versions could be interesting. I'm still waiting for "3D Classics" updated releases for Red/Blue/Yellow (and Gold/Silver/Crystal?) for the Nintendo 3DS.

I think that it's stupid if they'd give us a Light type. The time to do that would be Gen V so that they could make Zekrom Dark and Reshiram Light. I think that after this Gen V it would be a bit dumb to that.

Also, wind type is included in Flying types so it's unnecessary to add a Wind Type.

I've read in another forum someone say this:
"Mainline 3DS Pokemon game needs roughly two more years before it's released. Uses a full 3D engine and will have a story dealing with a world wide crisis. A new Pokemon type will be introduced (has not been done since Gold and Silver) and while not as many new Pokemon as in past gens older Pokemon will get new abilities and forms. Will maximize the Nintendo 3DS use of 3D, StreetPass and online connectivity." and they said that this came from a very trusted person, but he did not specify who.

If this is true, then probably the new type would have something to do with the new pokémon formes. And if that would be the case I can picture some mutant pokémon. And Cyborgs too. I don't know if I like this.

I think that Light-type Pokemon would be quite intriguing; that's the only new type I'm pulling for, really. If a Light type was finally introduced, I would be content with all existing Pokemon types.

That rumor seems neat as well, but until firm evidence is provided/such "trusted people" are able to identify themselves, speculation is speculation... I'd like to see what "worldwide crisis" can top regions being freezed over or the disruption of the fabric of spacetime (which potentially affects the universe's fate), though. :cer_laugh:

Well, there was an announcement made this morning. I saw a video saying there was going to be a new eeveelution and a movie about it. Not sure if this is true, but it was an interesting idea.

If there is a new upcoming Eeveelution, I'd love for it to be Dragon-type, so that all of the previously Special types (prior to Generation 4's Physical/Special combat split) would each have a designated Eeveelution. Not to mention that the Dragon type is awesome in itself. :3

Also, guys, about the Light type. It's covered with the Fighting type. The way they made it strong against Dark types made it seem like the fighting types were banishing the Dark types, in the name of Justice! True heroes, beating up the bad guys. :P
I don't think it's a good idea for them to do the Light type. They could have done it on Gen II for Espeon and they didn't, they had a major opportunity to do it on Gen V with Reshiram and they didn't. If there is a new type, then I don't think it's a Light type.

We'll just have to wait and see. Tomorrow will be the big day. Those major news may disappoint many of us, bear this in mind. And it might also make others very happy. But the way they announced it, as "major news", I think it does have to be something big with great progress.
Many people don't like changes though, just like an eevee holding an everstone!

I agree with your connotations regarding the Fighting type and the proposed Light type, although I'd like to see Light as an actual element being used for battle (excluding Fire- and Electric-type Pokemon/moves, as well as moves such as Doom Desire (Steel-type), Signal Beam (Bug-type), and Tail Glow (Bug-type), all of which technically 'manifest' as light under a different typing.) I'm still at odds with whether I'd like the retyping of moves such as the aforementioned ones, SolarBeam, and Luster Purge if a Light-type were to be introduced...

As for the January 8th, 2012 impending news, it seems unnatural that Nintendo Direct, the Nintendo Twitter accounts, Pokemon.com, Pokemon.co.jp, and even Junichi Masuda are promoting the big announcements with entries devoted to it. I'd love if it included a mention like "all existing 'event' Pokemon can be caught in-game in this upcoming Pokemon game" or something (at first, I was of a "no event Pokemon" mindset, but I don't necessarily have a problem with events as long as all event Pokemon can be caught somehow in-game without need of a Wi-Fi download/Mystery Event/Mystery Gift or attendance of a Pokemon event).

It would be a bit amusing if the news promotions and the announcement were all devoted to a spin-off like Pokemon Trozei 2 or Pokemon Snap 2. XD As far as I know, we can't rule out anything yet; this announcement might not even pertain to a game - it could be new Kyurem plushies, even. XD If I had to guess optimistically, I'm thinking the announcement will either be Ruby/Sapphire remakes or some sort of news related to "Generation 6" of the Pokemon series - particularly, the main series. IIRC, Generation 5 was heralded merely a month after (or was it before?) the U.S. releases of HeartGold/SoulSilver Versions, which I personally thought dampened the English HGSS release a little. It's been a while since the release of the Nintendo 3DS and the release of Black 2/White 2 in Japan, so something related to Generation 6 wouldn't be out of the ordinary in my opinion. Here's hoping for something good; only time will tell...

Also, simultaneous worldwide announcement FTW! It's good that that kind of news is occurring more often in the Pokemon side of things; makes the upcoming announcement seem like an even bigger deal. Alas, I probably won't be able to see what the news actually is until a few days from now, but the anticipation is still mounting for me! :D

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Wonder what the theme would be for the mascots and evil team. Gen 1 had starters, Gen II had Sun and Moon, with both gens having Mafia style villains. Gen III Land, Sea, and Sky theme with eco terrorist thugs and pirates of sorts as villains. Gen IV had Time-Space Antimatter and a space suit wearing cult as villains. Gen V had Yin-Yang with Knights and ecoterrorist Pirates (hmm where have I seen this one?) as villains. Gen VI? Maybe a cloak wearing cult who worship the opposite mascot and seek to rule the world. Theme? Hindu mythology depicting the three forms of Vishnu: Destruction, Creation, and Balance (though those things show up in Cyrus' plot but than again Hoenn's mascots sort of had a Yin- Yang- Wuji theme too with the land and Sea of Hoenn forming a Yin Yang symbol and the Kanji for Sora aka sky is the same for Emptiness iirc in other words the absence of).

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Wonder what the theme would be for the mascots and evil team. Gen 1 had starters, Gen II had Sun and Moon, with both gens having Mafia style villains. Gen III Land, Sea, and Sky theme with eco terrorist thugs and pirates of sorts as villains. Gen IV had Time-Space Antimatter and a space suit wearing cult as villains. Gen V had Yin-Yang with Knights and ecoterrorist Pirates (hmm where have I seen this one?) as villains. Gen VI? Maybe a cloak wearing cult who worship the opposite mascot and seek to rule the world. Theme? Hindu mythology depicting the three forms of Vishnu: Destruction, Creation, and Balance (though those things show up in Cyrus' plot but than again Hoenn's mascots sort of had a Yin- Yang- Wuji theme too with the land and Sea of Hoenn forming a Yin Yang symbol and the Kanji for Sora aka sky is the same for Emptiness iirc in other words the absence of).

How about legends based on Greek Mythology with a pair of evil teams based on Human/Pokemon superiority and prejudice against one another and wish to enslave each other?

Years
That reminds me of N's view of Humans a bit. Perhaps the new group can simply be plain Terrorists actually every group since Aqua and Magma have had some terrorist action such as Galactic bombing a lake, Neo Plasma planning to terrorize people into submission by freezing the place. So maybe it's time we get a group that loves just plain old destruction for the lolz. I hope the leader is female... it's time for one. Maybe one around the players age even...another teen like N, unless the protags are 10 again...

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Or we could have a terrorist group who are stealing Pokemon to use their DNA to inject it on themselves to gain their powers, with very few successes, who are promoted as admins, and you fight them similar to how you fight in PokeStar Studios.

Nargle

Totodile Fan Girl
Years
I really like the idea of a Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald remake, but I bet that it'll be something barely anyone expected when they announce it. Just a thought. :)

lineofdeath

...overuser of the ellipsis...
Years
hey actually, if gen 5 was made to reset pokemon

and gen 2 introduced new types.
wouldnt gen 6 be sort of parrallel to that?

anyway i am very exited!

lineofdeath

...overuser of the ellipsis...
Years
my mate suspects that they are evolving it onto a new console by selling it to sony!

Years
Plus the announcement is on Nintendo direct lol.

The fighting villain thing sounds cool. I had a dream of a game in which Pokemon fight villainous' groups mecha's like those of Team Rocket in the anime, and the robot in Pokestudios. Who knows perhaps the evil group has access to drones...

blue

gucci
Years
Masuda seems to be really excited about this one.

"Junichi Masuda @ Junichi_Masuda
Good morning, everyone! Masuda not sleep too well (laughs)! This day I have come at last! ! Than 13 hours off the countdown! ! ! (^ ^) / ~ ~ ~"

Years
So when exactly will air in japan? Im eastern US so its almost 6 now the websites countdowns got me at like 25 hours to go. But im pretty sure if japan gets it at 8pm then it will be covered and reach the us before the actual us announcement right?
Or am i missing some kind of time/space loophole nintendo magic?

Years
The announcement will air in the U.S. tomorrow at 6 AM EST.

It will be 8 PM in Japan by that time.

Aw man, i thought i was restless last night.
On the brightside i think its great how pokemon can bring people from all over the world together at the same time to share in something together... what with the wars and the end of time jibberish going on in the real world we can still share in something together.
Its actually pretty amazing when you think about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back