• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen The original starters.

Now, player, which Pokemon do you choose?

• [img]http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/b/b9/Spr_b_g1_001.png[/img]

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • [img]http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/4/45/Spr_b_g1_004.png[/img]

Votes: 17 58.6%
  • [img]http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/e/e7/Spr_b_g1_007.png[/img]

Votes: 7 24.1%

• Total voters
Years
I used to pick Bulbasaur to make the first two gyms easier for me.

Now if I replay the games, I tend to pick Charmander and catch a Mankey & Pikachu.

Squirtle just doesn't even compare to either.

PichuRules4ever

The TF2 Pyro
Years
I chose Charmander because I think it's the best of those three. I just think it's really cool.
:t004:

Charmanders are the best! No doubt can't deny. Taste better than water but don't ask me why! (Sorry I was rapping, don't question it)

Jetfire

أربعة ملوك السماوية
Years
  • Age 32
  • ???
  • Seen Jul 18, 2023
I am disappointed that only 4 of you chose squirtle =(

Ah, wait. I chose squirtle too lol

9.png
Those cannons though.

.:batto:.

Pokébreeder
Years
i chose charmander. until i got to celadon and then i found out charizard couldn't use fly so i restarted and went with squirtle.

but if i was to pick out of the three kanto starters today it would be bulbasaur..
venusaur is a tough opponent with the right move set, for example.

Sunnyday, Sleep Powder, Giga drain & Solar beam.

how do you react when your pokemon is put to sleep, solar beamed to oblivion and then when things get too hard. venusaur just sucks up all your energy. :P

JosephCurrency

Professional Toolbox
Years
Charmander is my favorite of the three, but the first time I chose Bulbasaur since I had heard it was the easiest to beat the game with. There are just too many water types that I'd end up using for me to ever really care about picking Squirtle.

Years
I chose Bulbasaur. I remember all my other Pokemon had fainted at Brock's gym and I had only Bulbasaur left. I used Vine Whip and took out Geodude and Onix quite easily.
And in one of the Elite 4 battles he ran out of moves so I had to use struggle to get through.

I chose Charmander the second time, and also when playing FireRed. Everytime I play now I choose Charmander.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
Well, my first game was Yellow and I remember I was trying to get the same team Ash had in the anime which was airing at the time xD
Then I grew out of Pokémon then back into it and played FireRed and I went with Bulbasaur. I love all starters, but something made me pick Bulbasaur and that's that xD

Back