• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your least used type.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
I almost never use Poison-types...

I just find no use in them, considering their moves are only super effective on one type, and they don't have the best Pokemon either.

Years
I usually have the most trouble finding good grass and fighting types to use... They're usually so few and far between, it's actually very hard to find one that's worthwhile, without choosing a grass starter.

Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2013
I hate normal types they just don't fit in with me but dragon on the other hand you might wanna stay a way when i use a dragon type because I kick Mega butt with them

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
Just the usual suspects of bug, grass and poison. Nothing too special.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I would say Ice, Dark and Rock types would be my least used. I haven't used any of them recently in a main team.

The main problem with Ice types is that they usually only start appearing late in the game and by that time my team is full.

Also I only use Normal type when it's paired with Flying, that might change for the sixth gen though since I really like Helioptile....but even then it might lose it's normal type when it evolves.

Last edited:
Years
I never use Ghost types, even though they're usually pretty good in competitive terms. (I don't normally battle competitively) Normal is not my cup of tea, either. Rock is also on this list, but Tyranitar and Archeops are exceptions.

I would've mentioned Poison here but I realized that I do use a lot of Poison-type Pokemon (because of secondary typing), including Roserade, Nidoking, and Crobat.

PiemanFiddy

Dark-Type Gym Leader
Years
Steel types, although I would always love to expirement with them more than the occasional rock type since they have more defense.

The closest I came to using a Steel-type was a Skarmory trade I made between a close friend of mine in Ruby/Sapphire.

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
Years
I don't use Steel types often because they are weak to Fire and Ground. I don't like the type combinations most Steel Pokemon have.

Years
normal and poison, so im doing the mono type challenge with poison to fix that. just beat my FireRed poison play trough earlier this week :D

Day Tripper

caught 'em all
Years
Poison types because they just dont do enough of what I want you know? Plus they are mostly dual-typed...

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I never seem to use a grass type on my team unless it's a starter. =/ I'm not really sure why, I guess they just don't really appeal to me.

Pikayosh

Epic Pikachu
Years
bug steel and ghost I don't hate them but by the time I even see one I already decided or have a full team

Years
I'd have to say Grass pokemon, they're few and far when it comes to getting them and actually using them. No real appeal to me.

Dansparce

The Unbeatable
Years
It's probably the steel type, because the Pokemon that have it are mainly uninteresting or flat out hard to obtain.

However there are a few exceptions E.g Mawile, Scizor and Aggron for their design, and Empoleon & Lucario for their usefulness in-game.

bashau

Distinct Phantom
Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2022
mine is ice most;y cause it is a bad type beside the fact that is is strong against dragon

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years
Poison- and Grass-type, purely because I don't feel like they are that useful. Venoshock I guess made Poison more interesting but there just isn't enough support for it right now unfortunately. Grass-type to me is just unappealing unless it's my starter haha.

Years
  • Seen May 3, 2017
No poll in this thread so we can collect the data at a glance?

Well, my least used types are poison and fire. I tend to play double and triple battles, and I don't care for types susceptible to attacks like Surf and Earthquake.

Back