• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HeartGold hack: Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver English Translation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2022
Version 6 details.

Thanks to Rykin and Poryhack, some graphics have been edited.
It now comes with Katakana names for the guys who care about legit Pokemon.
The Pokemart's sells men should now be mostly in english.
There have been many fixes to some of the item names and descriptions.
The Fly screen has been translated.

No$GBA users, if you have version 2.6 for No$GBA, set option NDS-Cartridge Backup Media to FLASH 512KBytes. Make sure you save options and restart the emulator afterwards. Also the following code helps with the black screens, use it as AR and RAW.
Thanks to Chase-san.
Code:
020DD9E4 E1A00000

Version 6 Progress:

Ability Names: 100% Complete
Ability Descriptions: 100% Complete
Attack Names: 100% Complete
Attack Descriptions 100% Complete
Bag: 100% Completed
Battling Text: 100% Complete
Bill's PC: 100% Completed
Continue Screen: 100% Complete
Item Names: 100% Completed*
Menu: 100% Completed
New Game Text: 100% Completed
Options: 100% Completed
Party Window: 100% Completed
Pokemon Descriptions: 100% Completed
Pokemon Classifications: 100% Completed
Pokemon Summary Pages: 100% Completed
Saving: 100% Completed
Trainer Card: 100% Completed**
Trainer Names: 100% Completed***
Trainer Types: 100% Completed
Vs Recorder: 100% Completed

Apricorn Case ~50 Completed
Item Descriptions ~95% Completed
Locations: ~85% Completed
Pal Pad ~90% Completed
Pokemart Text: ~90% Completed
Wi-Fi Menus: ~95% Completed
Wi-Fi Trading: ~95% Completed
Wi-Fi Plaza: ~75% Completed

Pokedex Interface: 0% Completed
and more to be announced.

Dialog Translation Progress: All major events up to the First Gym have been translated****

I am not going to be doing anymore dialog translations, It just seems like too much work for nothing. If you want a dialog translation, please see Magnius' translation.

Magnius' Translation: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=179686

Graphics:
Pokemon type completed
YES/NO button completed
statuses semi-completed
logo completed
Wi-Fi WIN/LOSE/DRAW completed

*Some Item names maybe incorrectly translated, if so please report it.
**Everything is in English text wise, but there are some Japanese symbols that are part of the trainer card graphic.
Spoiler:

****Dialog translation may not be entirely accurate.

DOWNLOADS
Version 6
Download: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MTB5QW1E
Mirror: http://rapidshare.com/files/286641692/HGSS_English_Patch.rar

Version 6 + Rudolph's anti-piracy patch
Download: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TDWCQQ3R
Mirror: http://rapidshare.com/files/286646931/HGSS_English_Patch___Rudolph_Patch.rar

Last edited:

Cello

Tonight!
Years
You are certainly hard at work on this. :)
The roms have only been leaked for a day!
I'll be sure to test it sometime today since I have a clean day.

Good work, regardless.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
You're actually pretty smart to do this!! Nintendo are noobs 'cause these type of stuff aren't supposed to take THAT long. Like 7 months for Translation?! Those guys suck at Translating. If they ever hire me, it'll take less than a month! Especially if it's just copy and paste! Like, they can use a GBC File of Text Files and Copy and Paste! Game Freak and Nintendo suck for Translating for too long. However, their games are awesome - only if they hire better Translators like me!

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
You're actually pretty smart to do this!! Nintendo are noobs 'cause these type of stuff aren't supposed to take THAT long. Like 7 months for Translation?! Those guys suck at Translating. If they ever hire me, it'll take less than a month! Especially if it's just copy and paste! Like, they can use a GBC File of Text Files and Copy and Paste! Game Freak and Nintendo suck for Translating for too long. However, their games are awesome - only if they hire better Translators like me!

You do realise that it takes so long for a translation not because of the actual transltaion, but also conversion to PAL (talking about Europe here, but America doesn't have that problem, just the next part), and things like that. Also, they tend to fix more bugs in the translated because of this conversion, so... I admit, it takes too long to be honest...

I would rather wait for the actual Nintendo translation (due to... Well, I prefer it), but you are doing well! Keep it up!

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
You do realise that it takes so long for a translation not because of the actual transltaion, but also conversion to PAL (talking about Europe here, but America doesn't have that problem, just the next part), and things like that. Also, they tend to fix more bugs in the translated because of this conversion, so... I admit, it takes too long to be honest...
Portable systems don't use PAL. However, a reason for delays could be that European games must be translated to multiple languages, not just English, before being released.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
Portable systems don't use PAL. However, a reason for delays could be that European games must be translated to multiple languages, not just English, before being released.

I just realised after I said. But they do have all the bugfixes (The UK games normally have no bugs, or just very little), as well as the languages, like you said. i'm still waiting for the English one, but I wish you all the best, and I hope you get it finished (if you do first, I may play it)

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2022
Updated to 2.5c added a batch file for people having trouble patching with the gui.

Years
Thanks a lot for this patch.
I am sure you can translate all the game.
Keep it up, you have my support to continue this.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2022
Minor update, version changed from 2.5c to 2d. The patcher seems to hate periods in the file path.

Magnius

Pokemon Music Hacking Guru
Years
  • Seen Feb 17, 2014
Hmm, is this the xdelta one? If so, for some reason I get an error playing it on my computer. However, as far as translating Japanese goes, I'm pretty decent, so if you ever rip the dialogue I could take a shot at it. I could check translations too, just to make sure the dialogue is accurate and not just cut and pasted from GSC.

Years
  • Seen Sep 19, 2009
The script is already ripped, you can find at thenewpoketext download site

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jul 2, 2017
Just wondering but are you going to translate the pokegear? It's hard to know who's calling between the mom and prof.

maplelame

Chemistry final until 24th
Years
  • Seen Jul 8, 2010
really appraciate the translation of menu and attacks and stuff and it work great on M3, but it always freezes on NO$GBA when i attack another pokemon. And yes I used the No$GBA patch in 2d.

Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2021
Thank you so much I'm sure everyone appreciates the hard work! :) Will I be able to patch over the already patched NDS rom from future updates of this patch? Are you looking to translate most of the game? Your brilliant!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back