• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Tool: [Release] AdvanceMap 1.95 Open Beta

demondismon

Booted out - don't be like me!
Years
i like the map connections its great..... however i dont like how many buttons are on this i like a-map 1.92 better however if a-map1.92 had the same connection setup i would be in love with it :D and by to many buttons im talking about theese
2u5wcb8.png
i dont like those...plus it wont load any rom on my comp

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 16, 2015
i want to make a chinese language files..

Sprache=Chinese will be better than Sprache=简体中文
or we can not use the language(WIN7 32bit)

Last edited:

demondismon

Years
Okay yes I got that but now it tells me to save it as an .rbc file... where do i save it at and as what?

dude you save it as whatever wherever it don't matter after you click the screwdriver making an x with the wrench.. and its in the game.if it goes back to the oirigin text then you messed up the script somewhere

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
I finally found the reason for the EFCreateErrors I was having!
It's all because I added "1.95" to the folder name. Removed it, and it works fine now!

EDIT: Never mind, it still is temperamental..
Perhaps it's because there's a space in the folder path?

Last edited:

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
is the website/downloadlink down?

According to downforeveryoneorjustme.com, it is down.

I need help, please! Can you please put this on Megaupload? Please? Cause whenever I do http://amneu.no-ip.info it says ... 404 Error at Treeki DaTa base. Can you help me?

For everyone that seems to be having a problem with the website, I too... am unable to enter the website. It comes up saying that it's not available, and that is more than likely to be due to the fact that the website's server is down wherever the website is hosted on. So I'm sure the website will come back up when Lu-Ho is aware of it. ;)

Yet... still looking forward to the new Advance Map, even though it still is in beta, I'm sure the actual version will be released much later. Not meaning to make everyone feel impatient but it's always best to let anyone take their time in developing their tools. ^^

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
Years
Hello together

The page and dodnload is up again.

I forgot to confirm the no-ip.info links (i have to do each 60 days)

greetz LU-HO

@jvpski3:
No they mustn't, it is not allowed to upload it anywhere (this is Part of end user Agreement of AdvanceMap)

PS: My Page is also awaylable under(with Mirror Downloadlinks):
http://luho.lvps83-169-42-20.dedicated.hosteurope.de/

demondismon

Years
hey lu-oh i know this is off topic.. but can you show me how to make a programm like a-map?...back on topic can you please get ride of those buttons.. please

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
Years
To everyone complaining about the buttons, Lu-Ho is never going to remove them unless you actually provide some reasonable expanations as to why they needed to be removed.

Not liking them isn't exactly a valid reason.

Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2023
I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, but whenever I try to create a map for Emerald it always calls itself LITTLEROOT TOWN, and links its header stuff to Littleroot, which is kind of annoying since it means I'm stuck with tilesets 0 and 1.

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
Years
It is not possible to create new names.
so therefore each map is set to the first NameEntry.
you can choose the name (from the name list) you want in the header tab.

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2011
Okay, I'm pretty new to this whole ROM-editing, but on the older versions of Advancemap the script had six-ciphered offsets, whereas this has eight-ciphered and it's causing the ROM to crash ;/ I'm using PokeScript, so I don't know if that's where the problem is. Other than that, I love the new AM, and I haven't encountered other problems - awesome job :)

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2019
Some small GUI improvements to the "GreatBlock Pipette" would be nice.

I often find that once you've selected an area to copy, it's hard to line that up with existing terrain when pasting. (That is -- since the upper-left corner of the copy is anchored to the cursor, it's a bit hard to line up the right or bottom edges of the copied terrain with any existing terrain.)

A simple improvement would be to simply display a dashed-line border on the map, showing exactly where the copied terrain will be inserted if the user clicks. This would make it easier to line things up.

Aside from that and a few bugs (which I reported via e-mail), it's a great tool and I look forward to the next release.

Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Thanks for giving us Advance Map! Your hard work allows us all to make great games with ease! Though one problem is that the offsets created by BufRite are two digits too short for the offsets needed for events in the newest version. It was perfect in 1.9.

Years
  • Seen Sep 28, 2012
Can anyone help me?
When I open my AdvanceMap there is it tells me to choose language but there is none.

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2019
Bug report: Wild Pokemon corruption on delete

Deleting wild Pokemon encounter lists will corrupt them, making it impossible to edit wild data for that map. Easiest solution, I think, would be to remove the ability to delete these lists, instead requiring the user to set the encounter ratio to 0.

Bug report: Map Connections are randomly corrupted

Also, AM will randomly and unpredictably corrupt maps' Map Connections data. The corruption ranges from mild to major and can usually be repaired in a hex editor if one can find the problem. The corruption happens to random maps (not just the ones that have actually been edited). In some cases, it gets ridiculous; for example, I just finished removing 140MB of null data that AdvanceMap tacked onto the end of a ROM when it tried to edit a map's connections.

Feature request: Error messages that are actually useful

On a related note, improvements could be made in how AdvanceMap handles corrupted data in maps. Currently, you have to jump through hoops in order to find out what in a map was corrupted. It would be nice to see a useful error message when loading the map ("Map connections for ROUTE 21 are corrupt!") instead of a message that reveals almost nothing about what actually went wrong ("ERROR: (ENotAPointer) AdvanceMapError(5): The value at $352C84 is not a Pointer!").

If anyone else is having problems with AdvanceMap corrupting data, then here's how to figure out where the damage happened. Note, you'll still need to find and repair/repoint the data with a hex editor to actually fix it:

• Open AM. Load your ROM. Don't open any maps.
  • Open Map A.
  • If you see an error message, and if most of the tabs (i.e. "Wild Pokemon") don't do anything when clicked, then Map A is corrupted.
  • Open Map B, a non-corrupted map.
  • Open Map A again.
  • Check Map A's Wild Pokemon. If you see Map B's Wild Pokemon instead, then this is what got corrupted in Map A.
  • Check Map A's Map Connections. If you see Map B's Map Connections instead, then this is what got corrupted in Map A.
  • And so on and so forth for all other map data.

Back