• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
I'm planning on spending some time hatching Cottonee now, with Encore and a Bold nature. It took me three hours to catch a Clefairy (which was female) with a Bold nature using a Bold Alakazam with Synchronize and then hatch a male Cleffa with a Bold nature so that I can breed it with my female Cottonee. After that once I get a Bold male Cottonee with Encore I can breed it with my Japanese Ditto.

I know how you feel - you should've seen me with Electivire! I wanted it to be Mild natured with Cross Chop, which you can only get from breeding with Machoke. I caught an Elekid and put it in Day Care with a Ditto, but it wouldn't give me any eggs. I looked it up online and saw that baby Pokemon can't breed, so I leveled it up to level 30, where it evolved into Electabuzz. I put it back in Day Care and hatched about 30 eggs or so to get a Mild Elekid. Great! I leveled that Elekid up to level 30 and put it into Day Care with the Machoke, but I'm so used to breeding with Ditto that I never noticed that both Pokemon were male. :/

I had to take Machoke out, put Ditto back in, and breed for a Mild female Elekid. After a few days of on-and-off hatching, I finally got the Mild female (which then had to be raised to level 30!). Only then could I breed it with Machoke, wait for a Mild one, EV it, and level it up to level 100.

And that's only one Pokemon out of six. You can see why I haven't properly hunted shinies in a couple of months! :cer_laugh:

i got a shiny kingdra and a shiny raikou or however u spell it to add to my collection ^^

Congrats!

Yesterday evening I finally found this Shiny Budew! (:

Awesome!

is any one else SR in fire red or leaf green for a charmander (or any other starter) as well as myself? it would be nice to have some one to talk to and compare SRs and stuff.

congrats on everyone with there shiny pokemon, my current streak of unlucky-ness is continuing since march... 20,000 Sr's on charmander and about 150 on litwick.

I'm going to SR for a shiny Charmander/Squirtle once I get shiny Hitmonchan, beat the Elite 4, catch all the legendaries (including the beast), get the TMs, and get a secret shiny in FR. That's probably going to take a few years, though...

20,000 SRs? Wow, that's a ton. The best of luck to you and Latios Master - you guys deserve shinies!

rager3

Akatsuki Member
Years
Started a Shiny Ruby Quest 2 yesterday :D Got to 200 SR's and stopped :D
So far the quests i'm on are these

Shiny Quest Fire Red Target II:
Route 24 Random Encounter Shiny (Not Specific)
Random Shiny : 270 RE

Shiny Quest Ruby Target I :
Torchic : 200 SR

snowman4686

Breeder Chris
Years
Hey All

An Update On My Shiny Pokemon
(I have a lot more scince i last posted)
Kingdra
Kyogre
Terrakion
Virizion
Cobalion
Zorua
Vulpix
Ninetales
Snorlax
Volcarona
Dratini
Eevee
Flareon
Jolteon
Vaporeon
Victreebel
Zoroark
Yanmega
Gyarados
=) sorry about the colour i copied straight from my trade thread

PM/VM if you have a shiny Pikachu i really want one ^^

Years
  • Seen Mar 2, 2012
i got a shiny tangela on mt. silver a day back. it took only 154 REs :D
Tang2.jpg

Years
I've masuda'd and hatched 135 Eevee eggs so far, nothing just yet. Also, I've started a new hunt, and Soft Resetted 200 times exactly for Ho-oh. (I replayed my HeartGold Version so I could Soft Reset for all the Legendaries other than the Roamers.)

I've also been chaining Starly and Bidoof to get back in the swing of it. I got to chain 40 Bidoof, and stepped in a bad patch. :/

And on top of that, I plan to start a Buizel hunt, and I'm going to begin a hunt for these Pokémon:
Shinx (Done!)
Phanpy
Skitty
Eevee(On my way)
Riolu
and Vulpix
Because they're all on my DS sticker haha!

Also, when I've soft reset for all the shiny legendaries I want from HeartGold, I will restart it with a party of 6 Shiny Pokémon (All pretty low level, 1-5ish) that I've caught from Diamond (My main game) and play the game through! I want a Dratini and Starly, and possibly Eevee, for that... If anyone has suggestions let me know :P

I need luck! D:

TY

I´d like to join. I got a lot of Shinies, my first was on FireRed, a Zubat
Now my favorties are Hydreigon, Scolipede, Dewott, Chandelure and Haxorus

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Weber I started SRing for another Snivy on my Black, (wanted a better nature lol). Up to about 4000 and its really started to frustrate me.. So ive taken a break and just doing 100 encounters on every route on my heartgold. How do you keep going after 20000???

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Hi everyone. I am just posting to let you all know that I am still alive. I have not been hunting much recently due to school...well, truth be told, I haven't been hunting at all! Along with school, the simply fact that I haven't gotten any shinies recently at all is also a bit de-motivating...but you've gotta hunt to get shinies in the first place! I'm currently going through a 2 month dry spell. Dunno how long it'll be until my next shiny since I only see myself getting more busy as college application deadlines approach, but I definitely have not hung up my shiny hunting cape yet!

Good luck to everyone.

rager3

Akatsuki Member
Years
Hey guys schools starting tomorrow so i thought i'd just update my hunting agian. Though i didn't hunt much these few days cuz my friends have been stopping over and school and stuff anyway lets get to it :D

Fire Red Target II : Route 24
930 RE's

Ruby Target I : Torchic
312 SR's

And i'm thinking of restarting my soulsilver to go on a shiny SS quest :P
Oh and BTW Can u look or subscribe to my youtube channel ? The names ShinyNomad1 İ know the qualitys is not that much good but it Would still be of some help :)

İ'll try to post as much as i can good luck to everyones hunts :)

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Congrats to everyone who got new shiny Pokémon!

Welcome to the club, ShadowExcadrill!

Good luck to everyone on their hunts!

This week's random shiny Pokémon contest is... Shieldon!

I have been hatching for several Pokémon in the past week using the Masuda Method that I might add to my team. I hatched 21 Solosis (which includes 5 from a previous post), 92 Cottonee, and 60 Chimchar. Right now I'm working on Gligar just for fun, which is currently at 17 eggs. I plan on hatching Gastly and Skarmory next. Gastly for my team, and Skarmory just for fun. Besides that, the Litwick hunt is currently at 2,151 eggs. If I add up every MM hunt that I've counted, I've hatched 3,382 eggs, and no shines.

Years
I did it! I hatched him! My first Masuda target!

My quest for my Shiny Eevee is over!!!

Little bit of a store here:
I was just hatching eggs like normal, and I decided that I'd stop at 160 eggs so I could try out chaining Nincada. So, I hatched 158... 159... 160... Looked down so I could put them in my party... AND BOOM! THERE HE IS!!! My beautiful silver Eevee in all his glory.

He is Sassy, which raises his special defense and lowers his speed. Anyone know which Eeveelution that calls for?

I'm astounded. I think I will just chain for a bit now, but my next Masuda target will definetely be Riolu!

Saerith

Fear My Glitter!
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 5, 2012
Any chance I could join? Masuda breeder here, but I got 13+ hours a day (more if insomnia is bad) to breed so that might not be fair on others.

Arceus Whisper

Shiny Hunter
Years
I would like to join too! I like shiny hunting, gives you something to do after you beat the main part of the game. I currently have a shiny shinx on my HG and a shiny pikachu on Pokemon Rumble. I am trying to hatch a shiny ponyta right now (also on my HG)

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
Activity!

An Update On My Shiny Pokemon

Woah... How did you get so many so quickly? Did you trade for them?

i got a shiny tangela on mt. silver a day back. it took only 154 REs :D

Congrats! I love shiny Tangela!

Also, when I've soft reset for all the shiny legendaries I want from HeartGold, I will restart it with a party of 6 Shiny Pokémon (All pretty low level, 1-5ish) that I've caught from Diamond (My main game) and play the game through! I want a Dratini and Starly, and possibly Eevee, for that... If anyone has suggestions let me know :P

That's a pretty good idea. The only problem is that you don't get to EV train them, but if they're Pokemon that aren't OU (or if you're not a big battler anyway) it's a lot of fun. I played through FR with a shiny Bulbasaur/Ivysaur/Venusaur, and it was awesome seeing those sparkles every time you enter a battle. It's like a reminder of your hard work and the amazing feeling of finally getting that shiny!

I´d like to join. I got a lot of Shinies, my first was on FireRed, a Zubat
Now my favorties are Hydreigon, Scolipede, Dewott, Chandelure and Haxorus

Welcome to the club! That's a pretty nice collection, but you're saying you have even more than that? That's awesome.

Hi everyone.

Glad to see you're still around, Fufu! I hope you get a shiny soon. :)

I hatched a shiny Mudkip after 500 or so eggs ^_^ idk what i'm hunting next yet

Congrats!

I did it! I hatched him! My first Masuda target!

My quest for my Shiny Eevee is over!!!

Congrats! Only...7 more to go? :pink_laugh:

so how do we do these contests?
This week's random shiny Pokémon contest is... Shieldon!
I'm guessing we have to hatch one then tell you?

Yeah, each week there's a Pokemon for whom a bunch of people in the club hatch. Whoever gets one gets a symbol showing a contest win in the first post (whenever Landorus comes around) as well as a much more valuable prize: bragging rights!!

Any chance I could join? Masuda breeder here, but I got 13+ hours a day (more if insomnia is bad) to breed so that might not be fair on others.

Welcome to the club! Don't worry at all - sometimes I hunt that much, and I don't even have insomnia! It's the fun of hunting the shinies that counts, not the number you have. It's more collaborative than competitive, and that's what makes it fun!

I would like to join too! I like shiny hunting, gives you something to do after you beat the main part of the game. I currently have a shiny shinx on my HG and a shiny pikachu on Pokemon Rumble. I am trying to hatch a shiny ponyta right now (also on my HG)

Welcome to the club! I agree with you on the replay value - I wouldn't play Pokemon one-tenth as much as I do if it weren't for shinies!

Saerith

Fear My Glitter!
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 5, 2012
^_^ yay

Well to date I have only kept 13 shinies for myself the rest are given away but my favourites are
Flareon <3
Vaporeon
Growlithe
Bellosom
Chansey

adrkel1503

Electric-Type Trainer
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 5, 2014
i would like to join because i LOVE shiny pokemon and trying to get every shiny pokemon in the whole series of pokemon so far i got like 15 shiny's and i found out about this club and i posted as fast as i can

Arceus Whisper

Shiny Hunter
Years
Awesome, thanks. I've decided to add Gulpin to my target list and I will switch targets every 500 eggs or so (though it's hard breeding without using the MM) my search for Ponyta, Gulpin and a foreign Ditto continues...

Back