• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Map-Off ✖Treme

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
Hosted by Zeffy and Destiny Demon
Map-Off ✖Treme
Want to enter the PCX's Map-Off?

Well thanks for the interest! The biannual map-off, which is hosted around summer and winter (in this case, summer although it's specially in the fall this time) is where mappers all come together in the ultimate contest: to make an e✖traordinary game map which will be judged by Zeffy and myself. Anyone can join! Game developers, ROM hackers, or maybe you just like mapping in your free time. Any program can be used for this event, whether it be RMXP, Advance Map, Paint, etc. Be creative! That's all we ask.

Remember that you are allowed to submit your map from September 24th (the day PCX officially starts) until September 30th, 11:59 PM EST. With only me and Zeffy to judge the maps, the judging process should take fairly quickly, so don't worry, we will get the results up shortly. After that, emblems will be handed out, yah yah yah, and BAM, we'll see you at the Holiday Map-Off. (:

Must Read: Rules
These are very simple rules that must be followed!

→ In-game maps only, meaning no world maps or anything of the sort.
→ The map you submit has to be created by yourself.
→ No special effects may be added to your map (this doesn't include static overworlds).
→ Custom tiles are obviously permitted! Just be sure to give credits (and have permission).
→ No stealing, please! You'll be disqualified if you rip someone else's map.
→ You must use the submission format listed below to post your entry.

Judging System
Well, it would be pretty foolish not to tell you guys how we're judging your maps. I mean, you want it to be e✖traordinary, correct?

• Layout/Design (possibility of 10 points)
• Playability (possibility of 10 points)
• Mapping Errors (possibility of 10 points)
• Correspondence with theme (possibility of 5 bonus points)

PLEASE READ! Okay, as it is the PCX, there is an optional theme you may choose to add when creating your map. If so desired, with the creativity of your minds, you can create a map that in ANY way corresponds with the theme: What does PCX mean to you? This could mean X, the number 10, PokeCommunity, etc. Make your map creative! As it is optional, you may get a possible extra five points added to your map score!

Well I get something, right?
Well yeah, it wouldn't be the map-off without it! There will be four emblems given out. Everyone who joins will get the Participant emblem, and the three winners will receive an additional emblem! Want to look at the emblems? Well we'll show you guys later, no worries. ^^

Okay, I'm ready to post my map!
Yes! Thanks for contributing to this event! Here, submit your post in this format and you're good to go:
Map Title: (Here you put the name of your map.)
Does it correspond with the optional theme? (Yes/No)
Description: (Here you describe what your map is about--and how it corresponds to the theme, if it applies to you.)
Credits: (List the names of people you owe credit to.)
Mapshot: (Has to be in spoilers no matter how small or large.)
Spoiler:
Map Showcase (entries)
RedFan's Winter wonders
P-Sign's Cycling Road
tajaros's Searing Path
sab's Route 10
EonNeo's Forêt Clairsemée
vaporeon7's Oceanside Manor
ΣŁ1ŦΣ CHΛRIΖΛЯĐ's untitled map

Last edited:

RedFan

Master Trainer
Years
Map Title: Winter wonders.
Does it correspond with the optional theme? No
Description: A map I made for this competition, I was working on it since the last Map-Off (2011)
Credits: Neti, Gamefreak, LU-HO
Mapshot:

Spoiler:

Pharetra

zzzz
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 23, 2021
Map Title: Cycling Road
Does it correspond with the optional theme? Yes
Description: PokéCommunity means very different things to me. PC is pretty big, with many different sections and variety. This map is pretty big too and there is a lot of variety to: Beaches, a road, trees, mountains and caves.
Credits: Ultimospriter and Kyle-dove.
Mapshot:
Spoiler:

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
Updated the showcase. ^^ Keep up the entries! I forgot to say, but if anyone has a question feel free to ask Zeffy or myself.

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
Map Title: Searing Path
Does it correspond with the optional theme? Yes.
Description: It's like Pokecommunity we're getting higher and higher as the time goes on even with the problems/obstacles facing them (eg. Rocks, Wild Grass, Ledges, etc.) we never give up, we just keep moving forward.
Credits: TB Pro, Kyledove, Saurav, Alistair, and LU-HO
Mapshot:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

sab

Now too much of a life.
Years
Map Title: Route 10
Does it correspond with the optional theme? Possibly. I chose it because "x" is ten in Roman Numerals.
Description: Just a simple route you pass through going from one twon to the next. My first real try at a "playable" map.
Credits: pokemon company, nintendo, and Lu-Ho
Mapshot:
Spoiler:

This thread is just so lively, ain't it? I'm kinda surprised given the turnout for previous map-off threads...

Last edited:

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
Updated showcase!

The planned ending date is tomorrow at 11:59 PM EST (basically midnight of October 1st), but I can always extend the date if anyone wishes to enter after then. :)

Years
Map Title: "Forêt Clairsemée"
Does it correspond with the optional theme? Yes
Description: Like a river in rocks, Pokécommunity has made a way through the internet. This is what I wanted to represent on this map. The name, which mean "Sparse Forest", represent also the forum. As a sparse forest regroups a lot of distants trees, Pokécommunity regroups differents subjects that have all a common point.
Credits: Nintendo

PS: Sorry if i don't upload the map with spoilers, I don't have the needed number of posts to send URL.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Map Title: Oceanside Manor
Description: Although it doesn't correspond with the get together itself, the Oceanside Manor map does correspond to my thoughts of PC. I consider PC a home and a place of leisure, which is exactly what this small map is.
Credits: Spriters Resource
Mapshot:
Spoiler:

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
Updated showcase. For those of you who still want to enter, I'm probably not gonna start judging maps with Zeffy (plus Zeff needs to judge Design-a-Pokemon also) until October 1st/2nd at 5 GMT -5 due to school and stuff. Message me in advance if you want to enter just to be sure.

But don't worry results will be in before October 7th, that's a have-to, haha. ^___^

E.C.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 28, 2021
Sorry for the late entry,I get caught up in other important matters,but I hope I can still submit.

Map Title: None
Description:Map I made for my old hack,Now It's just a future ROM base I might release soon.
Credits:
Red-Ex,Javs,Steven,Erma96,seiyouh,kyledove,newtiteuf, zein and me.
Mapshot:
Spoiler:

Good luck to the others who submitted a map of their own! :)

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
Okay, after so long the judging is complete (mostly my fault, since I was busy with so much other stuff).

The winner is: sab's Route 10!

The runner-up is: P-Sign's Cycling Road!

There won't be a second runner-up this time around, sorry. But it truly was a close competition this time around. Hope you all enjoyed the Get-Together, ya ya ya, and hopefully we can spark more activity next time. 'Kay bye!

Oh yeah Zeffy has to submit the emblems, but don't worry, you guys will get it.

Back