• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Themed Teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Link119

The Self-Proclaimed King
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 4, 2018
I've been looking through the challenge board on here, and just making hypothetical teams without officially signing up (I know I'll just end up taking forever to complete any challenge I sign up for and I'll feel bad)...Got some interesting ones...

On a battle simulator, I have Monogen (All pokemon from a specific generation), Monocolour (All pokemon classified as the same color), Monobody (All pokemon with the same body type), Monoletter (all pokemon whose names start with the same letter) and several monotype teams...

Themed teams are a lot of fun, in my opinion...They make team building a blast!...

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2015
I always like starting with a low level legendary/ event pokemon. The adorable ones mainly, then playing through the game with just him. It makes for an easier solo-run, and it's fun only having one pokemon. I suggest the smaller cuter ones, they tend not to be too op.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I've thought of a reptilian-based team, with one Pokémon per gen and a balanced team type-wise as add bonuses:

Gen 1: Charizard (Mega Charizard Y)
Gen 2: Feraligatr
Gen 3: Aggron
Gen 4: Garchomp
Gen 5: Serperior
Gen 6: Heliolisk

Years
That would work. Houndoom is a Hellhound after all.
maybe I should have used fall instead of Halloween. It's more of an aesthetic thing when it comes to story mode for me man.. um
Vileplume
Delphox
Honchkrow
Gourgeist
Scrafty
Dusknoir
all look about right in an autumn route with enough lxw. + protag interest = close to perfect story architecture

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Well, in the past ive completed FireRed once with a Team composed of "annoying" Pokemon.
Basically, its a team made with all the Pokemon people usually find annyoing:
Zubat, Rattata, Tentacool, Woobat, Bidoof, Patrat...and whatever you can think of!

I also came up with an "Avengers Team", but ive never used it:
Iron Man: Steel Pokemon (Magneton, Scizor)
Hulk: Anything that hits hard and is green (Shiny Machamp, Shiny Ursaring, Shiny Poliwrath..)
Thor: Electric Type, possibly a legendary (Zekrom, Zapdos...)
Capt. America: A "good" Pokemon, like not evil (Lucario, Braviary...)
Haweye: Pokemon with either Keen Eye or Compundeyes, preferrably flying type (Butterfree, Pidgeot)
Black Widow: Any Poison or Dark type really, preferrably female (Weavile, Ariados...)

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
Years
  • Age 44
  • D.C.
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
Hulk: Anything that hits hard and is green (Shiny Machamp, Shiny Ursaring, Shiny Poliwrath..)
Haweye: Pokemon with either Keen Eye or Compundeyes, preferrably flying type (Butterfree, Pidgeot)
Black Widow: Any Poison or Dark type really, preferrably female (Weavile, Ariados...)
Cool idea. I'd choose the following for that kind of team.

Iron Man: Skarmory (must know HP: Fire, Flash Cannon, or Hyper Beam and Fly)

Hulk: I second Ursaring as it's always depicted in the anime as being pissed-off

Thor: Thundurus (Hammer Arm, Thunder, and Fly)

Captain America: I thought of him when I saw Braviary too, but I'd go with Smeargle (King's Shield, Bonemerang)
EDIT: Braviary would still be kind of fitting though. Cap's mask does have the eagle wings going on.

Hawkeye: Noctowl w/ Keen Eye. Has lots of status moves that could represent trick arrows (not to mention its appearance it an uncanny resemblance to Hawkeye's mask in the comics)

Black Widow: Drapion with Sniper ability.

Last edited:

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years

Hawkeye: Noctowl w/ Keen Eye. Has lots of status moves that could represent trick arrows (not to mention its appearance it an uncanny resemblance to Hawkeye's mask in the comics)

I have to say, you are spot on with all the Pokemon!!
I especially like Noctowl and its "trick shots" and Drapion for the Black Widow!

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
Years
  • Age 44
  • D.C.
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
I have to say, you are spot on with all the Pokemon!!
I especially like Noctowl and its "trick shots" and Drapion for the Black Widow!
I was almost going to say Heatran for Iron Man (oh wow, same cadence... just realized), but he can't fly :/

Years
  • Seen Jun 26, 2014
My Bug Theme:
Scizor, Ninjask, Armaldo, Galvantula, Volcarona, Leavanny

Last edited:
Years
Well, in the past ive completed FireRed once with a Team composed of "annoying" Pokemon.
Basically, its a team made with all the Pokemon people usually find annyoing:
Zubat, Rattata, Tentacool, Woobat, Bidoof, Patrat...and whatever you can think of!

Iron Man: Skarmory (must know HP: Fire, Flash Cannon, or Hyper Beam and Fly)

Hulk: I second Ursaring as it's always depicted in the anime as being pissed-off

Thor: Thundurus (Hammer Arm, Thunder, and Fly)

Captain America: I thought of him when I saw Braviary too, but I'd go with Smeargle (King's Shield, Bonemerang)
EDIT: Braviary would still be kind of fitting though. Cap's mask does have the eagle wings going on.

I've also thought of an Avengers team which has:

Iron Man: Scizor, Genesect (Remember Ironman comes in different suits so move don't matter)
Thor: Thurunderus (must have Hammer Arm)
C. America: Brviary (Esp. Shiny)
Hulk: Conkeldur (Due to Sheer Force and high Atk and Def)
Spiderman: Ariados (Sticky Web)
Nick Fury: Absol (because of the showing up where disaster lurks thing)
Hawkeye: Pidgeot (SpAtk move & Feather Dance)
Black Widow: Couldn't think of anyone perfect.

P.S
good choice with Lucario it makes sense.
And Noctowl trick arrows....... nice.

Years
I love Themed Teams!! XD Right now I have two

Fairy Team: Gardevoir, Sylveon, Florges, Togekiss, Klefki, Xerneas

Halloween Team: Chandelure, Tentacruel, Noivern, Zoroark, Hypno, Marowak

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
Years
Currently on a Bug team challenge lol I have Vivillon, Scyther, Larvesta and Venipede as of right now. I'm hoping to add Surskit (with Eviolite) later and a Galvantula.

I got Pokemon Y specifically to replay and replay for different challenges.

The next challenge I take will probably have something to do with egg groups.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
Years
  • Age 44
  • D.C.
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
Thought of a follow-up team to my Breakfast team, but I need some help (I've only watched the original anime and some of Pokemon Advanced) from the community.

I want to build a Sassy team... not necessarily the nature, but personality. Kingler (once Krabby) and Seviper inspired me to think up a team like this to use. Both of these Pokemon are very playful and like to taunt even their trainers. Any other Pokemon depicted like that in the anime?

336.png
99.png

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I think Ash had a Mankey/Primeape which could be considered pretty Sassy, as well as his Charizard and Totodile. They all loved to taunt Ash and other Pokemon, so they could be considered fitting

Phangy

Master
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 10, 2014
I think Ash had a Mankey/Primeape which could be considered pretty Sassy, as well as his Charizard and Totodile. They all loved to taunt Ash and other Pokemon, so they could be considered fitting

That was more not respecting Ash than being sassy....., he never did go back for his Primeape did he?

Sebastian_Sommer

Rocket grunt
Years
I thought of another theme party that's based on nature:
Torterra (forest/woodland)
camerupt (volcano)
Altaria (sky & clouds)
Hippowdan (desert)
Bergmite (polar)
Wailord (sea)

mangamusicfan

The Lost one.
Years
I think challenges like this can make the game more enjoyable.
I'm gonne use the same team As team rocket has in the anime at this moment!

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
Years
I'm currently putting together and testing a team of Eeveelutions, centered around supporting/boosting each other with Baton Pass. As there are only 6 slots, poor Umbreon had to sit out of this one. xD

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
Years
  • Age 44
  • D.C.
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
I'm currently putting together and testing a team of Eeveelutions, centered around supporting/boosting each other with Baton Pass. As there are only 6 slots, poor Umbreon had to sit out of this one. xD
Umbreon is naturally good at taking hits though. Maybe Baton Pass/Will-O-Wisp/Curse/Moonlight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back