• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Spoiler]New Gyms? Gym Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
It's not a guitar, it's a bass.
it's a bass
it's a bass
IT'S A BASS

---

...Ahem. I wouldn't want the "gym has an advantage over the one before it", just because people would probably use that as the "too easy" argument - giving you a TM in the town before that will help you in the next town without fail.

Years
  • Seen May 14, 2012
If Cilan/Cress/Chili appear, I think you might have a multi triple battle, probably with with your player counterpart and your rival, then you'd all get the badge together. :D

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I don't see any gym leaders having legends, they're reserved only for the Player and the frontier brains.
I'll like to see Brycen return even though most don't like him...he could have Pokemon such as Lapras (maybe Lapras is found around his city).
Also I'll like it if Elesa had Rotom, and each time you challenge her it appears in a different form, so that you wouldn't know what to expect.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I'd Laugh If Skyla comes back and she has a Tornadus.

lool yeah if only it wasn't legendary, she might finally be a good gym leader. :( But sadly no, I doubt it. :x

I'd like to see a ??? gym, thats the only one that hasn't been done
besides Dark type.

Hmmm what'd be at that gym though? o_O I can't think of anything that'd fit into that, unless it's a multi-type gym, which may be likely in the later cities tbh.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I'd like to see a ??? gym, thats the only one that hasn't been done
besides Dark type.

There arent any ??? type Pokemon except ??? Arceus, so I dont think we could have a gym like that. I wouldnt mind a Dark type gym however. This could be the generation where we get one of those.

Years
I'm expecting most other Gyms to be the same as they were in BW- but I'm really uncertain on the Gym front, to be honest. They've introduced two new Gyms, which means it's almost Cretan they've removed two others. I had been wondering what they might've done with Striaton City's gym but now I think of it they'll probably scrap it entirely, and probably Lenora's too- simply. because they're not really on the path from the player's home town, haha.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
Although the Pokémon Anime isn't canon to the games, could this possibly be a hint for a Fire-type Gym with Chili?

Here's a quote from Chili to Pansear from the anime -
"Pansear I'm really sorry. I totally feel bad, know what? I've got a dream! That you and I will open a gym, the very first fire type gym in the Unova region! To do that, we need to master everything about fire types first."

Just a thought!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
As I said, I like how that relates! Perhaps if we got him, we might skip out on the grass gym, since I don't think that'd appear later on, and "if possible" then the only place it could fit is early on and Homika/other guy are already earlyyy. I'd like to see a fire gym there tbh instead of grass. Kinda makes sense considering there's ice everywhere and it needs melting lool.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
I'd be stoked to see Chili have his own gym. ;; <3
I'm hoping they make the order seem somewhat random as to which gym you travel to. I mean yeah consistency is great, but ti'd be kinda cool going to a Fire Gym and then all of a sudden arrive to a Fighting type Gym. :'D

Years
Originally Posted by Jellicent♀
I'd be stoked to see Chili have his own gym. ;; <3
I'm hoping they make the order seem somewhat random as to which gym you travel to. I mean yeah consistency is great, but ti'd be kinda cool going to a Fire Gym and then all of a sudden arrive to a Fighting type Gym. :'D
But then the tradition of eight gyms would break down into... wait... you're saying if Chili had killed his brothers and got the gym as an inheritance?!
Murderers in Pokemon?! Paradox time!
Anyways even if they did give Chili his own gym does that mean the brothers would spread out and take other people's gyms? Or they could just randomly make their own cities in that 2 years time (or whatever amount of time elapses) and those cities could be called "The Elemental Cites".
:shocked:I just completely went off topic in my own post. Huh.:\

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
He killed his own brothers? Awesome.
...but nah. I think if he had his own gym it might just be because the other two concentrated on their food serving business tbh.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I was in the Union tower in BW and noticed that the flags were Purple,Blue,Pink,Grey, Red, Yellow, and I forgot the two other colors, but either way I noticed that two of the colors, Purple and Blue match with Poison and Blue, so perhaps B2W2's gyms were hinted at in BW, and if right we might see Elesa again, and Clay (orange is sand like),and we might get a fire gym, or maybe fighting (as it's also represented by the color red).

Years
I'm more curious as to why do they feel the need to add/replace with more new gym leaders. I mean, what's becoming of the old ones? It's not like they just simply all retired during the span of two years .

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I was in the Union tower in BW and noticed that the flags were Purple,Blue,Pink,Grey, Red, Yellow, and I forgot the two other colors, but either way I noticed that two of the colors, Purple and Blue match with Poison and Blue, so perhaps B2W2's gyms were hinted at in BW, and if right we might see Elesa again, and Clay (orange is sand like),and we might get a fire gym, or maybe fighting (as it's also represented by the color red).

Yeah I dunno... I wouldn't rely upon that. While I do think that Elesa will make a return and sadly won't have a modelling career, I think that might be looking into hints a bit too much.

I'm more curious as to why do they feel the need to add/replace with more new gym leaders. I mean, what's becoming of the old ones? It's not like they just simply all retired during the span of two years .

Yeah I wonder too tbh. Maybe it's just a few of them that have just moved on with their lives, doesn't necessarily have to be all!

Still like this idea of fire gymmm.

Years

I agree- I mean, considering they're giving us a game based in the same region as a previous game, new Gym leaders is something you'd just.. expect, hands down. But I'm quite curious as to how they plan on executing it- they've introduced two new Gyms, meaning two other gyms will have to be gone. Or maybe not? Seeing as GameFreak seemed to kinda say "Just because we did this a lot doesn't make it tradition" with Black and White (for example, making TMs permanent, making it so you can face the E4 in any order, etc). So with Black 2/White 2, there's really no way of knowing whether they've ADDED two new Gyms instead of replacing them.
Anyway, even with that in mind, I'm expecting some of the other Gyms to change Leader/type; that's really the only way to freshen up the Gym quest. I agree with Forever, a Fire-type Gym would be cool, but like many others I'd like to see a Dark-type Gym for once. Even though there's a Dark-type E4 member, I think it'd be really great to finally get a Dark-type Gym.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Idk I don't think there will be a dark elite four member and if we're allowing extra gyms or replacing more than just two, dark will definitely be a gym. I just feel that... with the whole two years later thing, anything is possible.

Years
  • Seen May 31, 2020
For me personally.. if it was just 8 gym leaders [Just my personal hopes]
Spoiler:

And if just more are added [No particular order]
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
^ Anything is most definitely possible. And hey, G/S/C, HG/SS had a Dragon type gym AND a Dragon type Champion. Emerald did the same thing with the Water type. So maybe there will be a Dark gym and a Dark Elite Four member. But I agree with giradialkia, Game Freak has pretty much avoided tradition with Black and White, who's to say they won't be doing it again for Black 2 and White 2? It'd be pretty dang different if they added two more gyms, rather than replacing, making it ten possible badges to collect. That'd be decently cool, actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back