• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Black hack: Pokemon Beast Black

Michielleus

That random guy
Years
Pokemon Beast Black: A new Unova

POKEMON BEAST BLACK
AND MONSTER WHITE!

PokemonBeastBlacdeak-7.png

Introduction
After creating this hack for me and my friends to play, I finally decided to release it to public. My hack contains coding from Blaze Black, so after getting permission from Drayano, I could release it.
So, it already has been edited a lot, as you can see in the screenshots. I'm still motivated to hack a lot more, especially if I get some (good or bad) reviews. (If you have a bad review, please use constructive critism. This helps me too.)

Features
  • Every route has been edited with new Pokemon. All 649 Pokemon are availbable.
  • Every trainer uses different Pokemon. Some trainers even have a new overworld.
  • A new league: New leaders, elite four and Champion.
  • New starters: Cacnea, Carvanha and Houndour.
  • Pokemon might have new stats, moveset, or typing.
  • Pokemon might have new sprites; Spinda is removed and a new Pokemon is inserted.
  • Instead of the elemental Monkeys, you recieve an Eevee. The eeveelutions have a complete change of sprites, moveset, stats and more.
  • New legendary Pokemon, for example: Volcarona has been replaced by Regigigas, Legendary musketeers were replaced by the legendary Birds, etc.
  • Dialogue edits: Sometimes serious, sometimes hilarious.
  • New move names: About 65% of move names have been edited.
  • Altevo's: No more trading needed for any evolutions/items/pokemon.
  • And more, but I won't spoil it.

If you're going to play this, I have to say that these Pokemon are quite good:
  • Munchlax
  • Starly
  • Dustox
  • Gastly
  • Abra
  • Soleye (Spinda)
  • Eevee and any Eeveelution
  • Porygon
  • And all their evolutions!

Screenshots
Here are some screenshots:
Spoiler:

Credits
  • Drayano. I used coding from BlazeBlack (with his permission,) and I couldn't have done this hack without him.
  • I used CrystalTile2 a lot for hex-edits.
  • I used Neltazero's Starter editor, Wild Pokemon editor and Trainer editor. Huge thanks.
  • I used SCV's PPTXT to edit various dialogues.
  • I used KazoWAR's BWOE, BWME, and BWSE 2.0 to edit various sprites.
  • NitroExplorer2B was essential for extracting Narc files.
  • TwistedFatal for his tools such as the Stat and Moveset editor.
  • Andibad did some foundings that were very useful to me.

Download
Current version (v2.1): http://www.mediafire.com/?ic6x7nmvcaw8bre
Follow the instructions on the Readme in the patching file and it should work.

Bugs
Known bugs:
  1. Some trainers have blank lines. I don't know how to fix this.
  2. Spinda's regular sprite looks glitchy. You can ignore this.
  3. There are still some Unova starter references. I'll fix them eventually.
  4. Do you have a bug? Please post it!

Last edited:

Michielleus

That random guy
Years
Sorry for the double post, but I'm still working on this.
I've released a white version of this hack, called "Monster White".
Check out the first post for the download.

KingDrapion

dual-type Poison/Dark Pokémon.
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2014
One question, how were you able to edit Event pokemon such as the Virizion > Zapdos?
Also, I must congratulate you on the amount of effort you have put into this.

Michielleus

That random guy
Years
One question, how were you able to edit Event pokemon such as the Virizion > Zapdos?
Also, I must congratulate you on the amount of effort you have put into this.

Ah, that was simple. Just edit the overworlds and the hex values of the legendary Pokemon, then it should work.

Years
This hack looks quite good, I'll try it for sure...,! although I don't like the monster Pidgey has become... I wanted to ask you something. Is this game supposed to be challenging, how difficult is the game?

Michielleus

That random guy
Years
This hack looks quite good, I'll try it for sure...,! although I don't like the monster Pidgey has become... I wanted to ask you something. Is this game supposed to be challenging, how difficult is the game?

The game is challenging, you need skills to complete it. It's not impossible though. Also, quick leveling is possible due random grind spots, such as Blissey trainers, the tower in desert resort, etc.

Also, What you see in the screenshot was not pidgey, but Spinda, and it was a test image. That "Pokemon" is no longer in the game, a new one has been inserted that I didn't draw myself. So... pidgey is still pidgey.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
It's complete, yeah, but I'm still editing. This means it isn't the final version.
I'm still going to add new Pokemon, etc.
I hope you won't replace the lines of the following Pokemon:
-Pichu
-Gastly
-Bagon
-Dratini
-Tangela
-Magnemite
-Gligar

But that's just a few of them.

Cybermew

Lazy Actor.....
Years
Is Monster White going to have different starters, cause I think it'd be a good version difference for these two to be honest if you were to include that.

Also, complete documents would be awesome whenever you come round to it, but otherwise, this hack is amazing.

Also, just found that Kinesis didn't work.

Last edited:

digimonqueen

Draco Malfoy's Girlfriend
Years
what do you think is THE BEST Eeveelution? i have a level 21 Eevee, and i don't know what to do with it. i'm torn between a Flareon and a Vaporeon, since I always loved the 'retro' starters. if you had to pick one, what would you recommend?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
what do you think is THE BEST Eeveelution? i have a level 21 Eevee, and i don't know what to do with it. i'm torn between a Flareon and a Vaporeon, since I always loved the 'retro' starters. if you had to pick one, what would you recommend?
Espeon.
No doubt.
Espeon is the best for in-game and it can be used even for competitive battling.
Espeon is awesome special sweeper and if it gets the right moveset, there's nothing it cannot oversweep.

Michielleus

That random guy
Years

Espeon.
No doubt.
Espeon is the best for in-game and it can be used even for competitive battling.
Espeon is awesome special sweeper and if it gets the right moveset, there's nothing it cannot oversweep.

I hope you realize the eeveelutions have been edited?
Let's see...
Personally, I'm a fan of Espeon too, but the awesome moveset comes later.
If you like the gen I ones, I'd go with Flareon, it has great coverage.

Back