• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Spiky's DS Map Editor (NOW OPEN-SOURCE)

Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2016
When i try to launch the application a window displays: "Can not activate the GL rendering context". It pops every time I try to launch the app. Do you know how to solve this problem? I have windows 7 32 bits. Thank you :D~

Years
  • Seen Nov 10, 2013
Can someone explain to me how the event editor works to edit the current events of a game or make new ones? All those code language is really confusing me...

Name

Moémon Master
Years
I'm trying to simply remove all of the musical tracks from all of the maps.
But have been unable to succeed in doing so.
I've been. . .

1) opening rom (i have placed the rom in the same directory as sdsme)
2) editing a single entry, then saving header data
3) save rom as new file in a new directory
4) close sdsme
5) open sdsme, open rom
6) see the changes were not saved

what am I doing wrong?

Michielleus

That random guy
Years
I'm guessing this is a very simple problem, but I can't seem to figure it out.
When inserting a map, no matter what I do, all my buildings (the "outside"-ones) show up as dmybox00. I'm guessing something in the header needs editing, but copying vars from other headers doesn't work.

I'm using Platinum and try to insert a town over a map in route 224 and I'm borrowing the matrix from Victory Road.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 23, 2013
Hello Guys,
I´m new to hacking but I´d love to hack PKMN PLTNM. I´ve got sdsme but when I want to open it there comes the error message: "can not activate the gl rendering context."
Could you please help me.
sorry just saw this was already asked :(
I have:
Win7 64bit
nvidia geforce gts 250m
and 4gb ram

Thanks LuluHu

Last edited:

VERGUNDAI

RomHacker, Unity 3D Maker
Years
I'm trying to simply remove all of the musical tracks from all of the maps.
But have been unable to succeed in doing so.
I've been. . .

1) opening rom (i have placed the rom in the same directory as sdsme)
2) editing a single entry, then saving header data
3) save rom as new file in a new directory
4) close sdsme
5) open sdsme, open rom
6) see the changes were not saved

what am I doing wrong?

If you dont want any music, just change the music id to 0(zero). Then save new rom or old rom, best to put in the same directory though. Also make sure you edit both daytime and nighttime just to make sure it works.

If anyone ask me why I'm not working on a RomHack anymore, I got really interested in Unity3D, now im testing alot of my pokemon work on there with a friend.
6c468905-206b-4ee0-828c-52d6d31bea19_zps5f693c75.jpg

Last edited:

YORAMRW

8-bit producer & Pokémon GB music hacker
Years
@VERGUNDAI
Maybe you could put this 3D model in a ROM hack, since it is Blender, which can be indirectly converted to NSBMD.

Spiky-Eared Pichu

NDS Hacker/Researcher
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2019
Seeing the "Can not activate the GL rendering context" issue is not limited to a single person and seems to be more common, I decided to compare the actual code with that of SDSME 1.7.0, because up to that version there were no problems. I have found two commands which are supposed to run on startup and refresh the 3D renderers, and thus far I've been able to remove them without breaking the tool. Next version will include the change, and hopefully it will fix the issue. Sorry.

I'm also working hard on scripts. Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 aren't supported yet, but hopefully in 1.9.0 they will work (with limited support, script plugins won't work). There's an important bug in the current script engine too, which makes all Gen IV and V games to freeze during execution when compiling certain movements. In order to fix it, I'm rewriting most of the engine and scripts will now be loaded separately, even inside the same file.

Finally, I'm writing a PDF user's guide for SDSME. The guide will be included and updated every time I finish a new section, and will include pictures and complete explanations of everything.

I hope you're enjoying everything in SDSME. See ya :)

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 23, 2013
Seeing the "Can not activate the GL rendering context" issue is not limited to a single person and seems to be more common, I decided to compare the actual code with that of SDSME 1.7.0, because up to that version there were no problems. I have found two commands which are supposed to run on startup and refresh the 3D renderers, and thus far I've been able to remove them without breaking the tool. Next version will include the change, and hopefully it will fix the issue. Sorry.

I'm also working hard on scripts. Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 aren't supported yet, but hopefully in 1.9.0 they will work (with limited support, script plugins won't work). There's an important bug in the current script engine too, which makes all Gen IV and V games to freeze during execution when compiling certain movements. In order to fix it, I'm rewriting most of the engine and scripts will now be loaded separately, even inside the same file.

Finally, I'm writing a PDF user's guide for SDSME. The guide will be included and updated every time I finish a new section, and will include pictures and complete explanations of everything.

Thanks a lot Spikey,
I´m suffering under the problem too :(
do you really live in spain that´d be really cool, because I love in germany, and was in
Spain in my summer holidays!

Trifindo

POKEMON OMICRON CREATOR
Years
  • Seen Sep 10, 2014

Thanks a lot Spiky! ;)
Please continue with this awesome tool. :D

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023

That would be useful. Thankies~ :3

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2019
how are you doing with finding the map header counts for the other games/versions?

Years
  • Seen Aug 30, 2016
Why do I open SDSME it says "can not activate the GL rendering context."?
3tb_130920200814ok3u512293.png

How to solve this problem?
3tb_130920200916kkg9512293.png

Last edited:

JackHack96

Intrepid Hacker
Years
Why do I open SDSME it says "can not activate the GL rendering context."?
3tb_130920200814ok3u512293.png

How to solve this problem?
3tb_130920200916kkg9512293.png
Spiky has already said that this problem is related to version 1.8.x, so he is comparing this with the older version 1.7.0, in order to find the bug and solve the issue. You have to wait till the next release (or you can use 1.7.0 version)

Years
  • Seen Aug 30, 2016
Spiky has already said that this problem is related to version 1.8.x, so he is comparing this with the older version 1.7.0, in order to find the bug and solve the issue. You have to wait till the next release (or you can use 1.7.0 version)
I know,Thank you very much!

Michielleus

That random guy
Years
I'm guessing this is a very simple problem, but I can't seem to figure it out.
When inserting a map, no matter what I do, all my buildings (the "outside"-ones) show up as dmybox00. I'm guessing something in the header needs editing, but copying vars from other headers doesn't work.

I've noticed that editing gen V maps gives you a "map type" column, but editing gen IV doesn't do this. I think the map I'm editing is still counted as an "inside" map, like a house or a cave. Is there any way to somehow change that so that it's an "outside" map, like a city? Right now, I can't add houses or fountains :(

Sliter

Gaijin Trainer
Years
Omg Picku! It's really a great work! o-o I'm impressed xD now I belive that hacking has no limits! XD I cant wait to see DS hacks with the quality of the GBA hacks! O3O congrats!
I see this is really good to everything! I will use to edit the text for my translation project! I'm just seeing it yet but can't export/import texts, texture, models, yet? are planning something to this or not really?

Last edited:
Back