• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: In which we welcome back Shining Raichu from his extended vacation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crux

Evermore
Years
I was thinking the same thing, but was hoping it was a weird typo…

There are people who can pull off strange hair colors, but not many.

Hey, Slender. :}
Okay!
About that wolf/goose thing by the way... I never said it wasn't awesome. Just Hardcore.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
@Roc
Haha. I think seeing that woke up the sick, twisted, sadistic part of me. ;D I don't know if that's a good thing eheheh. I have photos and videos of the wolf and goose. I really don't know why it didn't bother me to see the goose half dead and being torn apart.

Uhm, keep in mind that this is my first completed Vulpix drawing, okay? s:
The other two ended up being crinkled up into balls of paper in under five minutes of starting the drawings- they were terrible. X)

Spoiler:

.___.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
My hair is dyed partly blue right now :3

This is a bad picture (just taken quickly to show my mom and friends some dresses I was thinking about wearing for an upcoming wedding for help to decide.)

Spoiler:

:c Not wearing any makeup (lazy sunday) so excuse the derpy eyes.
And yes, I need to take that dress in a size and hem it ;_;.. fff.. I hate being short.

And more blue is in the back but you can't see it in this pic.

Slender, cute drawing! I can give you a critique if you like! Post it in the drawover-paintover thread too, if you're daring! :3

Last edited:

Crux

Evermore
Years
@Slender:
I'm not really sure how to reply to that. X)
It is just the circle of life. I mean, it happens all the time in the wild.

:D
I like it. That's pretty good, especially for being your first one!
I particularly like the ear and tail. :}

What's with the .__. face?

@Kura:
That's some blue hair.
You look like somebody I know too, so that's kinda weird, sorry.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Kura, that's awesome haha.
And I think you look fine without makeup- I wouldn't have even noticed if you hadn't mentioned it. c:

Sadly, I don't think I have any pictures from when my hair was purple. There are a few, but I had been swimming in a lake beforehand, so my hair was still wet. I'm going to go dig for those pictures and see if I can give you guys at least a general idea.

@Roc
Yeah, that's probably part of why I didn't care. It was really cool to watch, actually.

Thanks. {:
I'm sure you know Vulpix better than I do- if you don't mind, what areas need work?
Not really sure, actually. x: Heheh.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
That Vulpix is badass. Good work Jess!
I think blue fits you really well Kura! Really good! And you're gorgeous. Marry me!
By dark black, I meant it was really black y'know. Yup, I created that color.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Kura -- that is a beautiful dress and tbqh, you don't need makeup at all. And that blue in your hair is cute!

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Kura, that's awesome haha.
And I think you look fine without makeup- I wouldn't have even noticed if you hadn't mentioned it. c:

Sadly, I don't think I have any pictures from when my hair was purple. There are a few, but I had been swimming in a lake beforehand, so my hair was still wet. I'm going to go dig for those pictures and see if I can give you guys at least a general idea.

@Roc
Yeah, that's probably part of why I didn't care. It was really cool to watch, actually.

Thanks. {:
I'm sure you know Vulpix better than I do- if you don't mind, what areas need work?
Not really sure, actually. x: Heheh.

OOOH I want to see you with purple hair!!! Please find one!
And thanks everyone! I should post a closer picture of my blue hair sometime soon, actually!

I would say you need to work on your anatomy for the shoulders, and also the hind legs. When animals sit, the back may look like a separate bit from the thigh, but only because the leg folds over that way.

Large picture, but take a look at the hind leg here:
http://www.dragoart.com/tuts/pics/8/12944/how-to-draw-a-sitting-dog,-draw-a-dog-sitting.png

If you want a paintover then I do encourage you to post in the art section (the thread is stickied there) but it is really hard to do so because you have to be so willing to accept visual critique. It is a difficult thing for any artist to do, but I feel that you can learn from it best.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Thanks, Nathan. {:

I did manage to dig up the example I used to show Roc the color my hair was, so I'm just going to post that, instead. The lighting is weird in the only decent picture I could find.

It was more dark and purpleish than this, though.
Spoiler:

I can't edit it to make it perfect, though, considering the art program I use refuses to work now. I'm not sure why that image is so large haha.

My hair was that color for at least a month, but I think it stuck around longer than that. Because it faded to such a weird color, I had to re-dye my hair. That nearly went badly, as well.

Edit:
Didn't see Kura's post because it took me too long to type that. x:

Okay, thanks. [: The reference I used was pretty much someone else's traced version of a clip from the anime, so I had to wing some of it (like the shoulder) because of how undetailed the art is in the anime.

Crux

Evermore
Years
@Slender:
Yup.
I will admit though, it does annoy me when somebody runs over an animal.
That's not the circle of life, that's the circle of being a jackass.

Well, i'm not quite an artist in that sense, so i'm not so sure i'll be much help, but I do love me my Vulpix.
The only thing that needs a bit of polish would be the hair on top the head i'd say, just to center it slightly more.

@Nathan:
Hmm, I think I can find a way to make that seem racist, let me think.... ;x

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
I'm black myself so I can't be racist to me Roc. I'm imagining that color now. Do you have long hair?

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Thanks, Nathan. {:

I did manage to dig up the example I used to show Roc the color my hair was, so I'm just going to post that, instead. The lighting is weird in the only decent picture I could find.

It was more dark and purpleish than this, though.
Spoiler:

I can't edit it to make it perfect, though, considering the art program I use refuses to work now. I'm not sure why that image is so large haha.

My hair was that color for at least a month, but I think it stuck around longer than that. Because it faded to such a weird color, I had to re-dye my hair. That nearly went badly, as well.

Edit:
Didn't see Kura's post because it took me too long to type that. x:

Okay, thanks. [: The reference I used was pretty much someone else's traced version of a clip from the anime, so I had to wing some of it (like the shoulder) because of how undetailed the art is in the anime.

That is a wicked purple and I can totally picture it a bit darker and looking awesome :333 Yayaya!

I look forward to seeing some more of your art sometime *_*! Do you have a PC Art blog?

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
@Roc
Same. I love the way you word that, though! X) It took until a family member started yelling at me before I got out of the road when I was keeping an eye on that dying opossum. A car was coming and I was pretty sure they would notice it if I were standing in their way. X)

Okay, thanks. I did notice that, actually, but had forgotten about it.

Haha, pretty much anything can be considered racist if you twist it around the right way. X)

Edit:
Woah, two posts appeared.

@Nathan
Haha, you totally can be racist toward what you are. Not saying that you are- just saying that it's possible. ;D
Eh, depends on your definition of long. It was down passed my shoulders, in the picture I have.

@Kura
Haha thanks. {:
I have a thread thrown together over in Art & Design, but the only drawing there is the Vulpix. The rest are sprite recolors and some photos. I really should get more drawings there, but I don't have any that are worthy of being posted haha.

Last edited:

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I don't know how to reply to that.
Just a fair warning that I already have ignore list'd people for saying stuff like that, because it comes across as pretty darn creepy when it's a stranger you met on the internet.

Heck, part of the reason why I have P/VMs locked is because some guy was sending me messages that I considered to be creepy (for example, flirting with me and trying to make me flirt back).

Won't be very active soon, but just for part of the day. Hopefully I'll get some drawings done during that time.

Last edited:

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
For a lot of guys, they have a hard time not being creepy when they're clearly just joking. :( But I do understand where you're coming from.

Crux

Evermore
Years
@Slender:
I'd probably have been standing in the road too.
That poor opposum. :T

Have you looked at those lyrics yet by the way?

@Nathan:
Naaaaaah, you can. X)

I do joke at people like that on the internet, but never seriously.
And I don't if they dislike it.
I guess there is a few people out there that can actually start a romantic relationship over the internet but I am not one of those people. :I

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Creepiness doesn't usually bother me, but I've had some really creepy youtube comments said about me when I appeared in an interview for something like a week or so ago I think it was..
At first they bugged me, But I write them off. They're youtube comments. I don't think you could expect anything else haha.

The way I see e-crushes nowadays is "oh hey, you're cool, I like you." and it's only until you're able to meet and talk face to face do real feelings spark (or not spark.)
Didn't always used to be this way, but I see no harm in internet crushes unless they're trying to send you fanmail and pics of their privates.
Guess in that respect we are a bit different. Have you had a lot of dudes hit on you IRL so you're just like.. "ENOUGH OF THIS *flip table*"?

YAYAYA Slender, more drawings!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back