• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official "How much is my card worth?" Thread [READ THE FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 8, 2017
Ok thank you for the in-depth review of my card. I won't be back for another few hours but soon as I can I will upload a picture of the packaging, plus my other MRayquaza EX card. Thanks!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 20, 2017
Hey, just joined the site because me and my son just found the same card in his collection tonight as well. Super coincidence?

Attachments

• 20170308_193047.jpg
    20170308_193047.jpg
    654.7 KB · Views: 5
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 20, 2017
Also, idk if yours was a holo, but this one is. Unfortunately he got this in a pack he got for Christmas, so we don't have the packaging anymore

Years
  • Age 37
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 15, 2017
Sorry, been busy offline and tired when I'm online.

2002 Pokemon Mew - Holo Expedition #19 GEM MT 10 - 19/165
A PSA 9 went for "Best offer accepted" at something less than $38 US back on February 16th. My guess is that it probably went for $30. $30 to $35.

2000 Pokemon Gym Heroes Rocket's Scyther Holo #13 GEM MT 10 - 13/132
Last two PSA graded ones sold for $87 and $120, respectively (March 1st for the former, February 1st for the latter). Probably somewhere in the middle like $95 to $100.

2002 Pokemon Expedition Tyranitar - Holo #29 GEM MT 10 - 29/165
Prices are all over the map for PSA 8, PSA 9, and PSA 10 versions of this card over the past two months. The most recent one went for $122.50. The last two before that: less than $10. The 4th one way back on January 13th went for $20. And then back in December, it went for $60.

My guess is probably $40.

2001 Pokemon Japanese Tyranitar - Holo Expedition - 1ST Edition #127 GEM MT 10 - 127/128
The only PSA graded version of this card to move was a "Best Offer Accepted" at something less than $40. No idea where this card's value actually stands.

Hi, thank you so much for the reply. Sorry if i sounded inpatient.
Thats a great help. I wont put any more up for the time being.
Again thank you :)

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Mar 30, 2017
It's fake, sorry.

I have the same card bfrom a pack bought at Walmart.

Opened it and found the Tyranitar that evolves from Meowth.

How's it fake if it's purchased from a large retailer like Walmart?

Still trying to find a value

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024

It's fake. There's no silver lining with it, sorry. We've explained already how it is fake. I can tell you right now the value is zero.

Years

It'd be fake because Wal-Mart doesn't do the quality control check on the cards they sell, only the distributor that stocks their stores, and some distributors will buy unofficial packs from a company that buys cards in bulk (without caring if their legit or not, only whether they're Pokemon cards) on places like eBay and packages them up into those "bargain" packs you see. Generally, most cards in those are legit, but those re-packagers don't really know a lot about cards.

Also some people are opportunistic jerks who will steal legit packs off the shelf and replace them with counterfeit packs and Wal-Mart employees won't notice because a lot of them don't even know what legitimate Pokemon products look like or aren't paid enough to care what they look like. There are also people who will steal packs, take their contents, fill them

Counterfeits are designed to take advantage of people who don't know how to spot a counterfeit of a given product. I may know how to spot counterfeit Pokemon cards, for instance, but I definitely wouldn't know how to spot a knock-off/counterfeit Rolex watch, as an example. Pokemon card counterfeiters want to avoid product falling into my hands, but I'd fall right in a Rolex counterfeiter's crosshairs since I don't know how to distinguish between a fake Rolex or a real Rolex.

If you're confident it's real, please post a picture as an attachment to your next post so I can verify. Thanks!

If it's a counterfeit, I'll post what's wrong with it. Do you still have the booster pack it came in? I may be able to tell you how to spot if it's a fake/counterfeit from the booster.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 13, 2017
Hi I got this Wartortle, its 42/100, but next to the number it has like a blue crystal. The card is shinny but also have a kind of sand texture on it too. Could you please help me. Thanks

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
Hi I got this Wartortle, its 42/100, but next to the number it has like a blue crystal. The card is shinny but also have a kind of sand texture on it too. Could you please help me. Thanks

It's from EX Crystal Guardians and is worth maybe 40 cents. If you google "Wartortle 42/100" its the first result.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 14, 2017
My first Pok?mon purchase

I have no experience with Pok?mon cards, just don't know how much I can get...

IMG_0013_zpsa9xi7muq.jpg

IMG_0011_zpsiazejryn.jpg

IMG_0005_zpscenv7m9f.jpg

IMG_0004_zpsa9hbsptw.jpg

IMG_0003_zpsm09frqcy.jpg

IMG_0002_zps7lloe26r.jpg

Years
I have no experience with Pok?mon cards, just don't know how much I can get...

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

So, I've gone ahead and moved your post to the How Much is My Card Worth? thread since that's where these types of posts belong.

What I can tell you at a glance is that they do all appear to be legit. What I can't tell you as easily is the values of each, since it varies based on the individual card and the condition that card is in.

I'll see if I have time to get you values on the first handful tonight.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 20, 2017
Hi! So I was looking through my old pokemon cards and found a charmeleon card that I'm not sure is worth anything or not. Here's a picture:
fo26rF

I saw multiple listings online ranging from 4,000 dollars to 90 cents. Any help would be much appreciated!
It's collector's number is 24/102
There's no sign of a first generation sticker either

Last edited:

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
Hi! So I was looking through my old pokemon cards and found a charmeleon card that I'm not sure is worth anything or not. Here's a picture:
fo26rF

I saw multiple listings online ranging from 4,000 dollars to 90 cents. Any help would be much appreciated!
It's collector's number is 24/102
There's no sign of a first generation sticker either

It's worth pennies. It's a fairly common card and it's not in good condition, even in mint you'd be very lucky to get a dollar for it. The people listing it for $4000 are just chancers.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 23, 2017
Hi,
I have a query about a card sleeve rather than an actual card, which I believe to be from 1997
It's a grey card sleeve with a silver pokeball design and the words 'pocket monsters card game international' on it
I was only able to find one example on the internet and it was described as '1997 Original Gun Metal Gray Pok?ball - Pok?mon International Pocket Monsters Card Game - Very Old School'
Many thanks in advance!

Years
Hi,
I have a query about a card sleeve rather than an actual card, which I believe to be from 1997
It's a grey card sleeve with a silver pokeball design and the words 'pocket monsters card game international' on it
I was only able to find one example on the internet and it was described as '1997 Original Gun Metal Gray Pok?ball - Pok?mon International Pocket Monsters Card Game - Very Old School'
Many thanks in advance!

Do you have a photo of it to attach? It's very unlikely it's actually from 1997, mostly because Pokemon cards weren't printed for markets outside of Japan until 1999.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back