• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"I don't watch that show anymore."

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Is there a show you don't watch anymore for any reason? Why do you not watch that show anymore?

For me , it would be Glee. Back when the show first aired, I was a big fan of the show. I considered myself a "Gleek". I watched the new epsiodes each week and downloaded 29 of the songs off iTunes and listened to them often. But halfway through season 2, I stop watching. I guess for me the drama started to get too repetitive imo. It just seems like the same stuff over and over again. Plus I didn't like any of the song they were covering. I felt that they were covering popular songs just cause the producers/directors new those would get the show more viewers. Plus the songs they cover were worse than the originals imo. Also I realized that I only started watching the show cause alot of my friends were also watching it and wanted to be part of their conversation. I just wanted to be included and I realized I wasn't as interested in the show as I thought.

What about you guys??

Years
Family Guy. It's been losing steam since Season 8. I think alot of people would even say Season 6 or 7. It still isn't a bad show. It just hardly does anything to surprise me any more. It's to the point where I actually prefer "American Dad" to it, which is something I couldn't say a few seasons ago.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
Workaholics. I voluntarily stopped watching during season 2 after the episode with the Top Gun hat because I believe that they cannot ever top that.

Also Supernatural because I fell out during season 5 and never picked up again because I heard the quality went downhill because they were forcing the show to outlive its purpose to meet its insane popularity.

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
I used to be a huge fan of the Simpsons growing up. I brought all the dvd sets and I watched it every day after school, but once they got to season 15-16 it all went downhill. I haven't watched a new episode in years.

Pleiades

I am the Dragonairborn!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 29, 2013
My Little Pony. I'm usually either at work or I just don't have the interest. I never considered myself a "pegasister" and the handful of creepier fans kind of scared me away from being associated with that show.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
For me it's Aqua Teen Hunger Force and South Park, I kind of grew out of ATHF after seeing most of the episodes, same with South Park.

Although I think part of it was just growing out of that kind of humor, too...

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
I don't know, I think I mainly stick around for shows, I don't watch much television anymore but I don't leave any shows behind either xD

Years
For me, The Simpsons.

I stopped watching after Season 12 cos the episodes got stupid and the opening animation being changed basically ended the series for me. I only returned for a one-off occasion, which was the 500th episode.

Now I just rewatch the older episodes.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Family Guy. It was awesome back then, but now it just doesn't appeal to me anymore. I just feel like they're trying to hard to be funny which isn't really great anymore.

Years
Family Guy and The Simpsons are the two big ones for me. Even as recent as two or three years ago I had to make sure I watched the new episodes every Sunday, or record them and watch them as soon as I could. Now, I'll watch if it's a re-run or even an episode I haven't seen, but only if I can't find something else on TV first.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
Is Pokemon an acceptable answer? Cause I was FORCED to stop watching it. I know, it sucks to not catch up but, oh well ._. .-.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Family Guy for me, just became plain unfunny and boring. Also I stopped watching South Park for the same reasons as I did with Family Guy.

Honest

Hi!
Years
Only one I can actually think of would have to be Pokemon. And I stopped because it seemed too childish for me. =( I'll admit though, I'll watch it once in a blue moon.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
For me has to be Digimon, I used to watch it long ago 2002 2003 some where around there, it just didn't compete with Pokemon, so I lost interest in watching Digimon all together.

Rest

Showstealer Pro: Trial Version
Years
I got myself updated to Glee every week it aired, until around the middle of Season 2 when they started doing their own songs (I think I specifically stopped watching after the episode "Original Song"). It was good in Season 1 I thought, but it deteriorated rather quickly. I don't miss it. *shrug*

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Primeval is definitely this show for me. When it first started it was honestly one of the best shows I'd ever see. It was such a creative story line with incredible characters and great action scenes abound. The show perfectly balanced the drama within the character's lives and relationships with the importance of the monsters they were stopping and the overall 'main goals' of the show and the main 'bad guys' had a ridiculous level of charm to them. The show threw out plot-twist after plot-twist whilst all the while remaining the same excellent show, even showing that they had no problem with killing off main characters to keep things, however this is where the downfall begins.

Once they'd killed off one of the main group it was wonderful because, despite him being one of my favourite characters (and v cute!), it was exciting to know they'd go to these lengths. Next they decided to kill off the main character of the entire show. This was not such a good move, the show took a dramatic downfall after he left and it never quite reached that level of excellence again. He was replaced and the replacement was good, until once again he died. This was starting to get grating but the show still remained watchable. Then came Series 4. Series 4 came along with the introduction of a host of new faces to the team leaving only two of the original team (and their boss) remaining with a swarm of new characters completely stealing their focus. Honestly at this point it just felt like an entirely new show and I gave it a chance, but it just wasn't for me any more. They then decided to make country-specific versions (the latest one is Canada, I think!) which is just... why.

tl;dr that show with dinosaurs

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Same as Dipu and for the same reason. >_>
I don't watch all that much TV, though. I'm too busy being on the internet.

Back