• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Watch out for Ghosts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

noa

sleeping cutie
Years

Reviving the thread with a question! What's everyone playing right now? I'm still playing Silver and may try to get in another playthrough before USUM.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years

I have sort of completed Silver by defeating Red. I was underlevelled and did the rather cheap trick of putting a Misdreavus with Mean Look and Perish Song in front of his final Pokemon Snorlax.

I may try hatching a Shiny Charmander in Silver at some point.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years

I have a lot of Shinys and even have some competitive ones. (Mandibuzz, Lucario, Sceptile). I don't plan to Masuda Method a Shiny again though.

My favourite Shiny Colourations are Shiny Mega Gardevoir and Shiny Sylveon with a special mention for the Shiny Golett line, my first ever Shiny.

pkmin3033

If I find a shiny in White, I may very well end up using it...although it seems unlikely. Shiny Pokemon hate me =/

noa

sleeping cutie
Years

I was shiny hunting in Soul Silver for awhile. I soft resetted 1100 times for a shiny starter, then got my Cyndaquil. I then started hunting for either a shiny Hoppip, Mareep or Wooper. Of course... I found a shiny Rattata. Lol
And this was after 1000 random encounters too. I was a bit discouraged after that, but after I beat Silver I may start searching again. I am interested in creating a living shiny dex in Soul Silver.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years

I think the last Shiny I encountered was Tiamat the Shiny Bagon, now a Battle Tree Winning Green Salamence.

I have had no luck finding Shinys on Silver and have not had time to Shiny Hunt lately.

pkmin3033

My last was the Alolan Rattata I didn't want and have boxed and forgotten about. xD

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
Years
BO0!

Has anyone here ever gotten lucky enough to find a shiny without actually trying to look for one? Just curious about how often that happens, haha. The only random shiny I've caught (in my whole life, possibly?) was a Sunkern in HeartGold!

Spoiler:

Yooo, this is super late but how's your Mystery Dungeon run going? Did you get to see who that "final" boss was? :D

Spoiler:

noa

sleeping cutie
Years
2. Did anyone burn out hardcore on Silver? I still have to train up my Dratini and Skarmory for the E4, and then do Kanto, but I have no motivation lol. I need to hurry before Ultra Moon takes over my life.

pkmin3033

3. Haven't even bought Silver yet, haha. Did burn out on Yellow though.

-Nonsense-

Luck = 0
Years

BO0!

Has anyone here ever gotten lucky enough to find a shiny without actually trying to look for one? Just curious about how often that happens, haha. The only random shiny I've caught (in my whole life, possibly?) was a Sunkern in HeartGold!

Nope, with soft resetting, MM, and Random encounters.

Do you still have it?

2. Did anyone burn out hardcore on Silver? I still have to train up my Dratini and Skarmory for the E4, and then do Kanto, but I have no motivation lol. I need to hurry before Ultra Moon takes over my life.

I haven't yet, I still need to battle Red.

Last edited:

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
Years

The only shiny I've ever gotten without looking for on a real game was my first one, a Wingull. :p I did get an Ekans with the GSC breeding trick on Silver though, trying to get some shiny Eevees for some friends. ^^

I managed to get Blue and Silver and beat through both pretty quickly, first time I've beat Silver in under two weeks. :'D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back