• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Official Hack Checking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Road

beyond salvation
Years
The encounter dropdown refers to 85h here:
https://projectpokemon.org/home/forums/topic/196-~guide-to-44h-45h-46h-47h-and-85h-values~/

It should correctly say None in the box, and the dropdown doesn't appear on a gen 7 save. So everything is good there :)

Also on the same link, you could see that Darkrai is also combined with Tall Grass in value 02 on 85h. Darkrai was a weird one, it never came with a fateful encounter flag on both DP or Platinum.
OHH okay, you've sent this to me before but it looks complicated so I didn't read it lol. Now I see the stuff there and it makes sense. Thank Arceus, I was super concerned! Saved my life again Haileo, thanks a ton, ;w;

Road

beyond salvation
Years
Recently finished checking my entire collection in PKHeX and found the following stuff flagged. Posting so if anyone has the same stuff, they can release it.

Competitive Shinies
Spoiler:

Normal Shinies
Spoiler:

Event Pokemon
Spoiler:

Haileo

Fluttershy is mai waifu
Years
Recently finished checking my entire collection in PKHeX and found the following stuff flagged. Posting so if anyone has the same stuff, they can release it.

snip

Alright, let's take a look at this lol.

- What is the error on the 10128 TCG World Championships Milotic? It should have an error, a legit version will say that the Mystery Gift can't be received by this version. It's claiming that the obtain game needs to be Platinum instead of Diamond. Which, yes, it's true, but even if it was obtained on Platinum, the default gen 4 obtain game for wondercards was Diamond.

-Entei (Lv. 40, Lonely, UT)
Suicune (Lv. 40, Bold, UT)

^ Are these possibly the Colosseum shinies? 51926 SETH Entei and 06107 Bryan Suicune? I'm conflicted on them if they are. In 2010 when I received both of those, I got them legit checked by someone else and I was told they were legit. Just a few months ago, someone told me that Project Pokemon confirmed the legendary beasts are shiny-locked in Colosseum, which would mean they're hacked.

I believe you're correct on everything else :)

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2018

Hi! Just popping in to say I got a hacked Shiny Mew from the Old Sea Map, do you want the file?

Also, I notice PKHeX is giving me PID errors on Diamond Pok?mon caught from "swarms". Like theres a little girl that tells you a Pok?mon is spawning somewhere, that can't be found in the games otherwise. PKHeX is giving me PID mismatch on any of these (shiny or no)

Haileo

Fluttershy is mai waifu
Years
Hi! Just popping in to say I got a hacked Shiny Mew from the Old Sea Map, do you want the file?

Also, I notice PKHeX is giving me PID errors on Diamond Pok?mon caught from "swarms". Like theres a little girl that tells you a Pok?mon is spawning somewhere, that can't be found in the games otherwise. PKHeX is giving me PID mismatch on any of these (shiny or no)

It would be great if you could send the file :) What's the ID and OT on it?

Let's see... So I have a Shiny Drowzee from Platinum that was caught in Route 215, meaning a swarm. The PID that PKHeX reads is a correct PID, and there's no error on it. The PID algorithm it's reading is Chain Shiny. Same thing with my Shiny Voltorb caught in a swarm in Platinum. But I have a Shiny Makuhita that was caught in Route 225 in Platinum, and it reads Common NDS (A-B-C-D) and PKHeX still reads that as valid.

Do you mind sending those errors as files along with the Mew? Thanks :)

Road

beyond salvation
Years
this one is from me. gonna refund you with the legit one (will take a moment to breed it).
I remember, but I was also the one to push you to trade it to me, so tbh it's no big deal. I have replacements for it anyway haha.

Alright, let's take a look at this lol.

- What is the error on the 10128 TCG World Championships Milotic? It should have an error, a legit version will say that the Mystery Gift can't be received by this version. It's claiming that the obtain game needs to be Platinum instead of Diamond. Which, yes, it's true, but even if it was obtained on Platinum, the default gen 4 obtain game for wondercards was Diamond.

-Entei (Lv. 40, Lonely, UT)
Suicune (Lv. 40, Bold, UT)

^ Are these possibly the Colosseum shinies? 51926 SETH Entei and 06107 Bryan Suicune? I'm conflicted on them if they are. In 2010 when I received both of those, I got them legit checked by someone else and I was told they were legit. Just a few months ago, someone told me that Project Pokemon confirmed the legendary beasts are shiny-locked in Colosseum, which would mean they're hacked.

I believe you're correct on everything else :)
Yes that's the error I get on the Milotic. I've actually got two different ones (one that I've had so long it very well may be self-obtained, and one I got from a hack check I did for Denrew) and both have the same flag. If you're ABSOLUTELY sure then I'll re-add them to my list and let D know his is good as well!

And yes they are the Colo Shinies (same with Raikou, he is FERM 60391). I've heard mixed reports on the Shiny lock as I heard they could be RNGed to be Shiny (Colo/XD RNG being apparently possible but very hard to do) but also heard they were locked so...I don't know. Best to keep them off the lists I guess. I have replacements for these (Crown Beasts and the international versions) so it's no big deal, but still a bummer.

Spyro

Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2018
It would be great if you could send the file :) What's the ID and OT on it?

Let's see... So I have a Shiny Drowzee from Platinum that was caught in Route 215, meaning a swarm. The PID that PKHeX reads is a correct PID, and there's no error on it. The PID algorithm it's reading is Chain Shiny. Same thing with my Shiny Voltorb caught in a swarm in Platinum. But I have a Shiny Makuhita that was caught in Route 225 in Platinum, and it reads Common NDS (A-B-C-D) and PKHeX still reads that as valid.

Do you mind sending those errors as files along with the Mew? Thanks :)

Sure! I sent over the Mew because I already had registered it, but tonight I'll send you 2 files: 1 file, still in Diamond, or a normal Swarm Drowzee, and 1 file of a Shiny Slakoth on my Sun, caught in a swarm in Eterna Forest!

Haileo

Fluttershy is mai waifu
Years
Sure! I sent over the Mew because I already had registered it, but tonight I'll send you 2 files: 1 file, still in Diamond, or a normal Swarm Drowzee, and 1 file of a Shiny Slakoth on my Sun, caught in a swarm in Eterna Forest!

Well, the Drowzee is just an outright hack:
Spoiler:

You probably should have noticed the PID first of all lol. Even in hex notation, a PID with many 0's in a row should be suspicious. The other thing that I noticed is the TID and SID relationship. They're pretty much the same, except the SID is 10 digits higher than the TID.

Next, the Shiny Slakoth. Hypothesis first, but looking at the PID and the TID/SID, I'm suspecting it'll be the same as the Drowzee. Let me test it out now.

Spoiler:

Lastly, HGSS Dunsparce.

Spoiler:

I'll walk through it. The Dunsparce is reading "Encounter Type does not match encounter", but it still has a valid PID algorithm. It was caught in Dark Cave in HGSS, and the encounter type says "Cave/Hall of Origin", so cave would be the encounter type. I switched the encounter type to "Rock Smash (HGSS)", and PKHeX reads that as 100% valid and legal, with no errors. Dunsparce has a 90% chance of being obtained from Rock Smash, but 40% chance of being obtained in a swarm.

Now, here's the part why it's flagged. In a swarm in Dark Cave, the level range of a Dunsparce is only between level 2 and 4. When you use Rock Smash, the level range jumps between level 4 to level 8. The Dunsparce you sent is level 8, which assumes Rock Smash. You can try this for yourself: Change the level and the met level of your Dunsparce to level 4, and delete the move Defense Curl, and watch and the error goes away.

Reference: https://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/location/206.shtml#hg

tl;dr All 3 Swarm Pokemon you sent are hacks. XD

Spyro

Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2018
Well, the Drowzee is just an outright hack:
Spoiler:

You probably should have noticed the PID first of all lol. Even in hex notation, a PID with many 0's in a row should be suspicious. The other thing that I noticed is the TID and SID relationship. They're pretty much the same, except the SID is 10 digits higher than the TID.

Next, the Shiny Slakoth. Hypothesis first, but looking at the PID and the TID/SID, I'm suspecting it'll be the same as the Drowzee. Let me test it out now.

Spoiler:

Lastly, HGSS Dunsparce.

Spoiler:

I'll walk through it. The Dunsparce is reading "Encounter Type does not match encounter", but it still has a valid PID algorithm. It was caught in Dark Cave in HGSS, and the encounter type says "Cave/Hall of Origin", so cave would be the encounter type. I switched the encounter type to "Rock Smash (HGSS)", and PKHeX reads that as 100% valid and legal, with no errors. Dunsparce has a 90% chance of being obtained from Rock Smash, but 40% chance of being obtained in a swarm.

Now, here's the part why it's flagged. In a swarm in Dark Cave, the level range of a Dunsparce is only between level 2 and 4. When you use Rock Smash, the level range jumps between level 4 to level 8. The Dunsparce you sent is level 8, which assumes Rock Smash. You can try this for yourself: Change the level and the met level of your Dunsparce to level 4, and delete the move Defense Curl, and watch and the error goes away.

Reference: https://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/location/206.shtml#hg

tl;dr All 3 Swarm Pokemon you sent are hacks. XD

That's the issue; I caught Drowzee and Slakoth myself, and didn't edit them.
Drowzee and Slakoth both were caught while I had the Cute Charm glitch active with my Cute Charm lead; hence why the PID might have a lot of 0. The Cute Charm flags were fixed in a previous update, but they both still have the flags, and Drowzee isn't even Shiny. I am 100% sure of their origins and that I didn't edit them. So while the Cute Charm glitch might have something to do with it, they are not hacked.

As for Dunsparce, I don't remember if I caught it myself or if I transfered it from the previous saved file of my used Soul Silver game, so I'll just delete it.

Edit: I tried to open PKHeX and it crashes; downloading a new one says there's a virus on it...it was working this morning D:

Last edited:

Haileo

Fluttershy is mai waifu
Years
That's the issue; I caught Drowzee and Slakoth myself, and didn't edit them.
Drowzee and Slakoth both were caught while I had the Cute Charm glitch active with my Cute Charm lead; hence why the PID might have a lot of 0. The Cute Charm flags were fixed in a previous update, but they both still have the flags, and Drowzee isn't even Shiny. I am 100% sure of their origins and that I didn't edit them. So while the Cute Charm glitch might have something to do with it, they are not hacked.

As for Dunsparce, I don't remember if I caught it myself or if I transfered it from the previous saved file of my used Soul Silver game, so I'll just delete it.

Edit: I tried to open PKHeX and it crashes; downloading a new one says there's a virus on it...it was working this morning D:

Sorry lol. I don't know anything about the Cute Charm glitch, but I looked it up just now and you're right.

So generally, the Drowzee is showing an Encounter Type PID mismatch, it would mean it's trying to look for a Common NDS (A-B-C-D) PID algorithm instead of a "Hacked or Unknown Pokemon" algorithm. I guess Legal.exe wouldn't work for Cute Charm glitch since I believe that's a recent glitch?

I mean, if you caught them yourself, you shouldn't have to worry about what PKHeX says anyway. That would mean PKHeX is missing a lot of test cases. Pretty sure in this case, you would know more than me lol, so it's up to you if you want to keep them as legit or not.

Spyro

Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2018
Sorry lol. I don't know anything about the Cute Charm glitch, but I looked it up just now and you're right.

So generally, the Drowzee is showing an Encounter Type PID mismatch, it would mean it's trying to look for a Common NDS (A-B-C-D) PID algorithm instead of a "Hacked or Unknown Pokemon" algorithm. I guess Legal.exe wouldn't work for Cute Charm glitch since I believe that's a recent glitch?

I mean, if you caught them yourself, you shouldn't have to worry about what PKHeX says anyway. That would mean PKHeX is missing a lot of test cases. Pretty sure in this case, you would know more than me lol, so it's up to you if you want to keep them as legit or not.

Yeah, I did not intend to trade them anyway, I was just wondering if it might have been a bug/something they overlooked.

About PKHeX crashing, the ITs saw a virus on my computer, so is it possible PKHeX just got compromised? :/

Road

beyond salvation
Years
About PKHeX crashing, the ITs saw a virus on my computer, so is it possible PKHeX just got compromised? :/
I had a problem like this too. My Antivirus software (which literally never does anything lol) flared up and locked down the file so I couldn't use it. I had to turn OFF the software to use it. I've restarted my computer since and now it's running fine; I think my antivirus decided it was fine and stfu haha. Not sure what happened but it just seems like the first time it triggers antivirus flags. Maybe a weird algorithm?

Years
I received a Darkrai in a trade on another site. It is a member card Darkrai from Pokemon Diamond, Pearl and Platinum. The trader informed me that an action replay was used to get the event item to battle Darkrai, however the Darkrai itself hasn't itself been hacked or altered in any way. If the Darkrai hasn't directly been hacked or altered, would I still be allowed to trade it here or would ot still be considered a hack because an action replay was used for the member card?

Last edited:

Road

beyond salvation
Years
I received a Darkrai in a trade on another site. It is a member card Darkrai from Pokemon Diamond, Pearl and Platinum. The trader informed me that an action replay was used to get the event item to battle Darkrai, however the Darkrai itself hasn't itself been hacked or altered in any way. If the Darkrai hasn't directly been hacked or altered, would I still be allowed to trade it here or would ot still be considered a hack because an action replay was used for the member card?
I think the general answer is yes. Hacking in Wonder Cards is illegal here, and the item is an event-only item, so I think the rule extends to apply to this. Since you KNOW it was added to the game via AR, there's no dispute there.

Do you know specifically which game it came from? If it's from Diamond and Pearl, it will always be considered a hack here, because the Member Card was never officially released for those versions so there is no legal way to get to Darkrai. (Same rule applies for Shaymin.) If it is from Platinum, this is a bit more of a grey area.

tl;dr yes considered a hack, unless you know it came from Platinum. Probably need a final say from the mods/admins.

Last edited:

Spyro

Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2018
Injected Member Card is a hack even if it came from Platinum. It's the same as injecting Wonder Cards

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 11, 2018
Shiny Sawsbuck || Link Trade || Lvl 100 || Heal Ball
OT: Sergio
ID No. 06736
Hp. 301, Att. 299, Df. 177, Sp.A 140, Sp.D 176, S. 317
Moves: Double-edge, Horn Leech, Baton Pass, Toxic
Ability: Sap Sipper
Nature: Jolly
Seems to have traveled across both space and time to reach you from the Kalos region
Characteristic: Alert to sounds

Shiny Vaporeon || Link Trade || Lvl 100 || Pokeball
OT: (I cant type it, its japanese)
ID No. 170928
Hp. 464, Att. 149, Df. 183, Sp.A 322, Sp.D 226, S. 166
Moves: Wish, Ice Beam, Substitute, Last Resort
Ability: Water Absorb
Nature: Modest
Egg Received: 4/11/2017
Egg Hatched: Apparently 12/9/2016
Where: Poke Pelago
Characteristic: Likes to thrash about
(At first i thought it was an obvious hack because of the hatch dates, but then i remembered you can change the date on your ds so im at a dead end now)

Shiny Clefable || Link Trade || Lvl 64 || Master Ball
OT: (Cant type, in Japanese)
ID No. 26310
Hp. 199, Att. 110, Df. 105, Sp.A 131, Sp.D 139, S. 86
Moves: Light Screen, Healing Wish, After You, Meteor Mash
Nature: Gentle
Ability: Magic Guard
Seems to have traveled across both space and time to reach you from the Unova region
Characteristic: Good perseverance

Shiny Houndoom || Link Trade || Lvl 100 || Pokeball
OT: Karen
ID No. 57295
Hp. 291, Att. 194, Df. 137, Sp.A 319, Sp.D 196, S. 317
Moves: Nasty Plot, Fire Blast, Dark Pulse, Destiny Bond
Nature: Timid
Ability: Flash Fire
Seems to have traveled across both time and space to reach you from the Kalos region
Characteristic: Mischevious

Years
I think the general answer is yes. Hacking in Wonder Cards is illegal here, and the item is an event-only item, so I think the rule extends to apply to this. Since you KNOW it was added to the game via AR, there's no dispute there.

Do you know specifically which game it came from? If it's from Diamond and Pearl, it will always be considered a hack here, because the Member Card was never officially released for those versions so there is no legal way to get to Darkrai. (Same rule applies for Shaymin.) If it is from Platinum, this is a bit more of a grey area.

tl;dr yes considered a hack, unless you know it came from Platinum. Probably need a final say from the mods/admins.

Injected Member Card is a hack even if it came from Platinum. It's the same as injecting Wonder Cards

Thanks

Haileo

Fluttershy is mai waifu
Years
ID No. 06736
Seems to have traveled across both space and time to reach you from the Kalos region

ID No. 170928
(At first i thought it was an obvious hack because of the hatch dates, but then i remembered you can change the date on your ds so im at a dead end now)

ID No. 26310
Seems to have traveled across both space and time to reach you from the Unova region

ID No. 57295
Seems to have traveled across both time and space to reach you from the Kalos region

Sawsbuck is a 6 IV with 252 Attack / 252 Speed / 6 Def. It's also the standard Smogon Choice Scarf set. I'd easily say that's hacked.

Vaporeon is also 6 IV. Looks like it has EVs in HP, Def, and SpAtk, but it's not a Smogon set. The dates are probably wrong because it could've been TSV hatched. But I go by the philosophy: Any 6IV BR shinies that are level 100 are hacked.

Clefable looks like it has no EVs and has random IVs. Possibly Rare Candied or used berries on it. Doesn't look bad, so I'd say legit.

Houndoom again is a 6 IV with 252 Sp. Atk / 252 Speed / 6 Def. Looks like a variation on Smogon's UU Nasty Plot set. I'd definitely say hacked.

Years
ID No. 06736

ID No. 170928

ID No. 26310

ID No. 57295

Have the Sawsbuck, Vaporeon or Houndoom been hyper trained? As Haileo already said, 6 IV shiny BR pokemon are probably hacked, though if they've been hyper trained, wouldn't mean ot would be less likely to be hacked since they're not really 6IV?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back