• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen #6 - Kanto play through?

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Poll 6! Sorry about the delay!

As you may recall, there is a Kanto play through portion of the game where you head into Kanto, collecting the gym badges in that region.

Will you play through that portion of the game again? Will you do something different?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I will, I think. It's not really a complete playthrough without it imo, and although we recently returned to Kanto in the RBY VC remakes... it's still worth exploring I think!

...imagine if they had a super cool easter egg in there that we wouldn't have known had we not played through?!

Years
I agree with Forever. I hadn't really played the original Johto for GBC, but it's not a complete playthrough without a visit to good old Kanto in the end. At least that's how I remember Soul Silver back when I had it for the DS. Memories.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024
I know I will because I loved the fact that we could go to another region and roam around,

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Of course! How can you not?

Not that often you get the opportunity to travel to another region in one game ;]

Guest123_x1

I always thought it was cool that Kanto was featured as an available region in G/S/C that was unlocked after you beat the Elite Four. To me, it felt like I was returning home, even if things played out vastly different there vs. R/G/B/Y (such as battling Gym Leaders in a different order, the mission to bring a missing part back to the newly-remodeled Kanto Power Plant, and having to withdraw Pokémon you caught earlier in the game to be able to catch the wild Pokémon in the region due to the levels being similar to what was available in Gen. I). Plus, me being musically inclined, the remade music beds for Kanto were so enjoyable!

Cool_Porygon

Lurking in the shadows
Years
It was great to find out when you board the ship, you arrive in Vermillion City and have that region to explore. Would happily play it again.

Years
Yeah I love going back to Kanto in GSC, I have great memories of visiting the region from Crystal and I'll definitely be going back there when the games come on at the VC.

MaSterBarth

Pokemon MaSter
Years
I loved revisiting Kanto in G/S/C and also facing Blue, and then Red it made the games very interesting to me back in the day.

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
I see Kanto as an important part of the GSC journey, so of course I'll complete it. It holds half the badges, after all! (That being said, those badges could probably all be earned in a span of half an hour, but still...)

I enjoy seeing Kanto "three years later," so to speak, so I'll definitely go through it on my upcoming play through. I also don't consider the main quest finished until I defeat Red, and that requires clearing Kanto.

Back