• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Top Pokegirl theme

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
I may be stepping into a firestorm of a debate here by starting this but which Pokegirl theme do you think is the best? Misty(Kasumi) and Iris don't officially have a theme to call their own but Kasumi's VA did sing a song titled "Riding on Lapras"(which I'll post below). Of course, the crux of this topic will revolve around the 3 "Performer" Pokegirls in May(Haruka), Dawn(Hikari) and Serena. Sun&Moon frankly doesn't have a "Pokegirl" and Lillie's theme is meh by comparison.

May(Haruka):
Spoiler:

Dawn(Hikari):
Spoiler:

Serena:
Spoiler:

Misty(Kasumi):
Spoiler:

Question is, which one do you like the best? For those who think this is an easy decision or question, think again. All 3 songs are extremely good and catchy. If I had to pick, I'd have to pick Haruka's theme and its probably why her VA is no longer voice acting(she has that good of a voice). If I was forced to rank them, I'd probably do Haruka's 1st, Serena's 2nd and Hikari's 3rd. No disrespect to Dawn's VA but I just don't think she quite matches the other two. Granted, the 2010 arranged version I linked is really, really good.

*Acquires Thick Fat ability for eventual Firestorm*

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Serena's<3

Why am I not surprised by this? :laugh-squinted: You base your answer solely on the soundtrack or did her character, shipping or series she's apart of have any factor in your decision? :tongue-poke: I tried to base my decision solely on the soundtrack. Otherwise Serena would win every time with me lol. Keep replies coming folks. I know there are some music buffs out there dying to spill their guts/opinion.

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Why am I not surprised by this? :laugh-squinted: You base your answer solely on the soundtrack or did her character, shipping or series she's apart of have any factor in your decision? :tongue-poke: I tried to base my decision solely on the soundtrack. Otherwise Serena would win every time with me lol. Keep replies coming folks. I know there are some music buffs out there dying to spill their guts/opinion.

I love Serena character but her song and clip are still the best regardless<3

CidHazard

just a miserable pile of secrets
Years
1. Dori Dori! - I don't know if this is #1 because of recency bias or I just really enjoy this song more than the other themes. I will say tho that this bubbly energetic song is great and I low key love it, not to mention it's lyrics about the importance/power of believing Dreams is strangely uplifting to me I dunno. When I hear this song I can still vividly see Serena's final performance. XD

2. Watashi, Makenai! - The song XY&Z sung by Rika Matsumoto (Ash's voice actor in Japanese) always reminded me of Watashi, Makenai, since the opening sequence sounds uncannily alike. Good song, I remember having this song on my mp3 player in high school playing it on repeat like crazy.

3. Kimi no Soba de - My friend had this song on his playlist. whenever we had a lan party I'd always hear this song, I originally felt that the song is a bit meh, but I grew to like it in time. I will say that my friend played during Dota, CS & COD sessions... and it always sorta changed the tone of the room.

4. Laplace ni Notte - I have never heard this song until now I did watch the Original Pokemon Anime series in Japanese, English, and my Native language with both English & Native dubs never playing the song in the show... I like the song but maybe not as much as the first three.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
1. Dori Dori! - I don't know if this is #1 because of recency bias or I just really enjoy this song more than the other themes. I will say tho that this bubbly energetic song is great and I low key love it, not to mention it's lyrics about the importance/power of believing Dreams is strangely uplifting to me I dunno. When I hear this song I can still vividly see Serena's final performance. XD

2. Watashi, Makenai! - The song XY&Z sung by Rika Matsumoto (Ash's voice actor in Japanese) always reminded me of Watashi, Makenai, since the opening sequence sounds uncannily alike. Good song, I remember having this song on my mp3 player in high school playing it on repeat like crazy.

3. Kimi no Soba de - My friend had this song on his playlist. whenever we had a lan party I'd always hear this song, I originally felt that the song is a bit meh, but I grew to like it in time. I will say that my friend played during Dota, CS & COD sessions... and it always sorta changed the tone of the room.

4. Laplace ni Notte - I have never heard this song until now I did watch the Original Pokemon Anime series in Japanese, English, and my Native language with both English & Native dubs never playing the song in the show... I like the song but maybe not as much as the first three.

To be frank, I had never heard of Misty's song until I started researching this topic. I could have added Bonnie's(aka Eureka's) song to this list but I opted not to since it's about Squishy(aka Zygarde). It's defnitely cute I'll admit but I wanted to limit it to the main female protagonists of Misty, May, Dawn and Serena. Also, I can't see Dawn's theme as something to be played during video games. May or Serena's I could but Dawn's not so much due to the instrumental theme. Lyrics and singing aside, I found May's and Serena's to be more enjoyable and I agree that May's had an XYZ feel to it(probably why I gave it the edge over Serena's).

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
May's would have to be my favorite out of all of them. I enjoy Hikari's and Serena's too and honestly it would depend on my mood on which one I like more seeing as one is slower than the other, hahah.

Lapras ni Notta has a good place in my heart because I used to listen to it a lot years ago, actually! So I suppose I'd rank after May's.

However, I know it's a duet and not a single/theme song but my favorite out of all the songs these girls sing is High Touch! that's sung by Hikari and Satoshi. One of my favorite opening songs in general so I had to talk about it here seeing as Hikari does sing in it. Her voice in High Touch also suits her a lot more than her theme song amusingly enough.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
May's would have to be my favorite out of all of them. I enjoy Hikari's and Serena's too and honestly it would depend on my mood on which one I like more seeing as one is slower than the other, hahah.

Lapras ni Notta has a good place in my heart because I used to listen to it a lot years ago, actually! So I suppose I'd rank after May's.

However, I know it's a duet and not a single/theme song but my favorite out of all the songs these girls sing is High Touch! that's sung by Hikari and Satoshi. One of my favorite opening songs in general so I had to talk about it here seeing as Hikari does sing in it. Her voice in High Touch also suits her a lot more than her theme song amusingly enough.

Yeah High Touch is not bad and a song in which Hikari's VA actually sings. The base Kimi No Soba isn't sung by her(hence why I added the 2010 version which DOES have her sing it. She's just accompanied by the one who did sing the base one in Grin). Thats part of the reason why I have it placed third. I just give the edge to Haruka(May) because her VA can sing(and went pro because of it).

Last edited:
Years
I'm a diehard Dawn fan but I have to accept Dori Dori is the best Pokegirl theme song. I really loved it and I'm not even a big Serena fan although I like her.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
I already commened before that Serena's is the best, but I have to mention that all 3 of the songs r really unique and awesome. They give a charm to each of the girls and I hope they do this again in the future (In the next series when they have a single main girl again hopefully..)

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
Years
Kimi No Soba De (Dawn's theme)

It's so cheery ^_^ And i've probably listened to it the most overall.

May's might be a close second, since its all about striving to be better. That said, I could even grow to like it more than Dawn's theme now, but.....Dawn's is more nostalgic to me overall xD;

And I think it gave me bits of happiness during the days when I used to be mostly depressed. Thankfully, said days are over, but I like to know there are a few things I can look back at and smile about (i really went through the ringer a lot with my autism....*SIGH* sadly)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 24, 2019
I already commened before that Serena's is the best, but I have to mention that all 3 of the songs r really unique and awesome. They give a charm to each of the girls and I hope they do this again in the future (In the next series when they have a single main girl again hopefully..)

Sun & Moon does have a single main girl. It's Lillie.

BH

Canine pokemon fan
Years
Bah i reccentaly rewatched the scene in which Serena gets her Sylveon in my native langue (sp) and...the music sucked without Serena's theme song

Thankfully polish Serena has a nice voice

Last edited:
Back