• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Super Smash Bros Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Are you trying all characters right now? Juuuuuust askin'
Because I have a recommendation, you could say. Ahem.
What's the recommendation? lol

I was just using Yoshi and I don't see what's so bad about him. His rolling egg attack is easy, you just have to know how to lead its movement.

Kat & Ana together spells Katana, the weapon ninjas use. :P

Well it depends really. Do you want a platformer that really screams exploring the level instead of rushing through it? Or a fast-paced minigame collection based on reaction that emphasizes on scores? Or both, since they're really great games. Of course I doubt anyone here bar myself will actually play all of them.

That's cool how they named the two like that xD It depends on how into I'm in the game. Like Fallout, I'd take my time and explore. Brawl I just like to rush through (Subspace, meaning) it all rather than look for secrets and come back for 'em later. So yeah..

Two so far, with Pikmin 3 being a launch window release for the Wii U.
Not sure how soon I'd be quick on getting the Wii U, but I'll be sure to add that to my wanted list :)
My top favorite characters (Brawl only):

4. Lucario
3. Marth
2. Link
1. Ike
So we've got another swordsmen person here :D With that being said, can I ask, what do you think about Toon Link & Pit? Meta Knight?

Super smash bros brawl... of course everyone knows i use Charizard i wouldnt be a dragon god if i didn't... sometimes i use Bowser though.
So if you're a Dragon God, how many times have you captured Rayquaza in Subspace Emissary? :P Ridley? Meta Ridley? I LOVE Meta Ridley, fun to fight.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Hey guys, just for fun, let's list 3-5 characters you like that will obviously never appear in Smash, preferably obscure ones. (So no characters like Dark Pit or K.Rool please. Yes they won't have a chance.) just for the sake of it. No 3rd parties either!

My choices: Kyle Hyde (Hotel Dusk), Pitcher girl (Rhythm Heaven Fever), and Linebeck (Phantom Hourglass)

I'd say King Boo too but he isn't really obscure.
What's the recommendation? lol

I was just using Yoshi and I don't see what's so bad about him. His rolling egg attack is easy, you just have to know how to lead its movement.
uGSJE.png

Also I already told you yesterday but no harm in saying it again here: The biggest flaw with Yoshi is that his shield is the worst and he has absolutely no OoS (out of shield) options. So in the end he has to resort to camping, playing defensively, and being as far away as possible.

Super smash bros brawl... of course everyone knows i use Charizard i wouldnt be a dragon god if i didn't... sometimes i use Bowser though.
I really hope you actually use the other Pokemon and just Charizard. That's suicide considering how badly designed PT is.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Hey guys, just for fun, let's list 3-5 characters you like that will obviously never appear in Smash, preferably obscure ones. (So no characters like Dark Pit or K.Rool please. Yes they won't have a chance.) just for the sake of it. No 3rd parties either!

My choices: Kyle Hyde (Hotel Dusk), Pitcher girl (Rhythm Heaven Fever), and Linebeck (Phantom Hourglass)

I'd say King Boo too but he isn't really obscure.

Interesting question. Thought King Boo would be interesting, I don't see how he could be playable in Smash :P Here's my picks, other than Krystal & Lyn, here's who I'd choose! I know Isaac isn't obscured, but I rarely see him being talked about!
Photos are actually big so...yeah

1) Mia (Golden Sun)
MiaFront2.gif
MiaFront1.gif

Spoiler:

2) Micaiah (Fire Emblem)

Spoiler:

I also actually like Isaac, also from Golden Sun, from the Assist Trophy.

3) Isaac (Golden Sun)
Spoiler:

4) Princess Katia (Lost Kingdoms) From the original one, who can use her cards/monsters and magic in a battle. The girl from the 2nd Lost Kingdoms would work too with more updated monsters but I like Katia better. I couldn't get a good picture of her but she's in the background of the cover here.
Spoiler:

In other words, I'd love more female characters to main them. ;)
Wario showing them guns! LOL

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Sector Revenge said:
So you're also gunning for speed too right? :D

Yeah, but it's not really just about speed, it's more about flexibility and agility. I don't want to control a tank, I'd much prefer a Ferrari :P

So I got a strange image. SR=Shining Raichu, Sheik user. SR=Sector Revenge, Zelda user. xD The reason I don't use Sheik is because...well...I feel a lot comfortable using Zelda. I just like her movepool way better as it seems.

I love Zelda too! I don't use her as much as I use Sheik, but I definitely use her a lot. She's the kind of character that nobody else can even get close to because if they come within half the stage of me I just shoot them with an exploding fireball :P. Sheik is a more close-combat kinda girl, so they're just very different styles.

King Dedede is actually not that bad to be honest. So I'd have to switch sides with Spino on this one, sorry Andy :X

Traitor.

Spinosaurus said:
Forgetting someone?
sonic.gif

I didn't forget about Sonic! I love Sonic too, just not as much as the others. He's definitely one of the fastest characters in-game and I love a lot of his moveset, but he errs on the side of probably too fast and not entertaining enough to make it into my top 5 :P

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
My top 5 that Ive been putting off song long cause i wanted to get and play through brawl again but it was $76 used so stuff that.

5. Roy. God I loved Roy on melee. I liked Marth before unlocking Roy.. but then I used him, my god. He was basically Marth with added strength and fire! Who doesn't like that? He was who I feel back on when I couldn't beat something with other people cause he was awesome.

4. Fox. I loved fox in the original one and carried that love throughout all the series. He had a really fun move set and was fast as hell which was really fun and suited my style a lot. Plus his stage in the original was like my favourite one so defs a special place in my heart.

3. Metaknight. My main man on Brawl. I can't remember much of him but I know he was my favourite and that I used him whenever I played brawl so he's obviously awesome. Im pretty sure he has a move where he like teleports and I always had fun with that. Plus he looks awesome cant forget that!

2. The Ice-climbers. My god in Melee these guys were so fun! Whats better than having 1? HAVING 2! All there moves worked so well together and I really liked their get up move as well. All in all one of my favourite characters by far and I look forward to using them again now I know how fun they are!

1. Pikachu. From the original onwards easily my favourite and best character. All his moves are awesome, his speed is awesome and Im just awesome with him. I have wasted many a days just playing as Pikachu along and I think that proves how special he is to me in the SSB games. Plus he looks awesome when using thunder. And he makes it so you can see peoples bones! Even more awesome!!

What do you mean by third party? Do you mean characters from games that arent Nintendo exclusive?

The Void

hiiiii
Years
My top 5 would be:

5. Captain Falcon - Captain Falcon is pretty much a decent hit-and-run guy, and what makes me like him the most is his fast, yet strong attacks like the Falcon Punch, etc.
4. Pikachu - Pikachu used to be my main character, and is one of my favorites because of its speed and ability to spam Thunder and stuff. My strategy with Pikachu pretty much went with weaken the opponent by spamming, go to somewhere in range of Thunder, and wait for the opponents to come near then send them flying with Thunder.
3. Kirby - Kirby's high endurance and great potential for spam sums up why I like the cute pink ball thing. Whenever I use Kirby, I make sure to spam Stone Kirby and take advantage of the Earthquake glitch if I'm playing in the Pictochat stage.
2. Lucario - Lucario's aura is what makes him my favorite in Brawl. I usually make sure to get at least 100% damage, then spam either Force Palm or Smash Attack (if the opponent is a defensive type of guy), or Double Team/Detect (if the opponent is the spam type of guy).
1. Meta Knight - Top tier guy, gliding capabilities, easy to sidestep with, can spam, etc. :D

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Who's all enjoying the Collab??

So I was playing Brawl like nonstop the past few days. I have decided on my top 5 & I told a few that I'd give my official choices:

5: Zero Suit Samus- What an amazing gal to use. Of course using her special would use her Suit Samus, but her special as Samus to go back to Zero Suit is quite devastating. Samus is a bit boring to use in my opinion, but I love using her without her suit, that's when she's the most enjoyable. That's actually the only bad thing for me using her. I often don't really want to get the orb but its a game changer if I don't. LOL

4: Pikachu- Fast, amazingly easy to recover with, special is FUN to use, easy attacks to KO enemy. What more can you ask for? The only bad thing about using Pikachu? Real lightweight and can easily be KO'd. Of course sitting there spamming Thunder or anything is the most boring thing in the world, that's what most people would say/do. I rather jump over them and have the lightning come down on them while Pikachu is moving toward whichever direction he's going.

3: Marth- I forgot how fun he is using. He's actually real close to a tie with Falco. Both Marth & Falco were tough choices but I'd have to put Marth #3 because it just felt right. I love Marth's deflect move. He can wield the sword, certainly a lot better than Ike can. I liked Marth better than Roy even in Melee. The prince is just an overall great character to use & that's what I like about him, really.

2: Falco- Do I need to explain? I've been a Star Fox can, probably the biggest fan you'll ever meet of one. That's why I played Fox for most of my time in the original & Melee. Falco is more of a fan favorite toward his badass personalty, like a lady's man. I can relate to that :) If anything necessary, the need of Krystal to be introduce would easily replace Falco :P Falco's special is just one of the best and easiest to control, when used correctly, it does give a huge disadvantage at everyone else's special (Fox&Wolf being real close with some small differences). You could easily get 6 KO with one Special with Falco! As used as I am with Fox's Recovery (Up + B) move, I still have to get used to Falco's. -_-

1: Peach- Easily one of the top 3 best in recovery moves. But that's not why. Peach is just overall my favorite person ever. She's always fun to use. I love her Peach Bomb & her > + A Move (Attack with her Crown). Plus her singing taunt is my favorite of 'em all! :D I do practically everything with Peach in every game you can think of. So there's a truth when I say we have a special bond ;)

So one could ask what happened to Zelda? I still love using Zelda. I prefer everyone else. She would probably be #7 behind these 5 + Wolf. I've been using Sheik a lot more actually. So it's actually Zelda/Sheik now, of course, Zelda has an advantage over Sheik. Her > + B is perhaps the easiest way to get a Special Orb.

Years
Hiya guys. Oh man seems like you guys have some serious conversations here =P
I see no point in putting my username here but here ya go -Krazzikk-

Now i'm not the best player, that's for sure, but I really, really, really like the series and practice almost every day, at least on the original ssb, as I just got ssbb, and my ssbm disc is broken.

Some of my favorite characters are....

SSB:

1-Kirby
2-Link

SSBM:

1-Fox
2-Captain Falcon
3-Marth

SSBB:

1-Ike
2-Kirby
3-Pikachu
4-Lucario

My favorite game in the series would probably be Brawl, just because, of course having the most characters and maps, and having one of the best game mechanics, although it is nice to play the original from time to time.

Well I might as well put my friend code here: 5200-9116-2554

I hope to brawl you all sometime, I really like brawling new people, so just vm me, or pm me, whatever is best for you, and I can arrange a brawl with you. I am on most of the day, and only off on a few days a week. I hope I will be able to fit in and not get yelled at for being a nub and discuss strategy, casual debates, (hint hint) and other things.

Thkx guys!

Last edited:

Mentalii

Back
Years
I want to join :D

Your username: Mentalii.

Well, now that I've done the (very short) sign-up form, I'm gonna answer the current topic. I only have SSBB (Wii), so my top 5 characters just concerns this game.

5) Zero Suit Samus
4) Pikachu
3) Link
2) Falco
1) Kirby

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
I want to join :D

Your username: Mentalii.

Well, now that I've done the (very short) sign-up form, I'm gonna answer the current topic. I only have SSBB (Wii), so my top 5 characters just concerns this game.

5) Zero Suit Samus
4) Pikachu
3) Link
2) Falco
1) Kirby

Welcome Mentalii! Your Zero Suit Samus choice needs to be higher :P I love her. I'm seriously using her more and more as each passing day goes by! I have to admit, she's got a great bod! she's just perfect outside of her suit. I'm glad I can still get the special orb and still use her after a slight, couple taunt button usage to change back to her Zero Suit form rather than use her in her suit!
Brawl having one of the best game mechanics.
I'd have to go with Melee on this one :P The fast-pace action is what makes Melee so much better than Brawl, but everything else Brawl has: stickers, CD's, maps, Adventure mode, etc, are definitely way better with so much to do. :)

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Welcome to the two new members!

Everyone loves pikachu cause obviously pikachu is awesome (its definitely not because this is a pokemon forum.)

Ive never used zero suit samus I dont think, what does she play like?! dat bod ay Sector ;)

The gameplay in melee is sooo fast compared to the original and brawl, its pretty intense. I have to agree Brawl is probably funner then melee just on replay value of how many things you can do.

Also my sad effort on not getting brawl yet, I need to find it cheap somewhere! Halp!

Mentalii

Back
Years
Ah, Pikachu and its B + down attack, really useful in the Melees mode.
And actually I started using Zero Suit Samus pretty recently compared to Pikachu for example, so I don't have as much experience with her than with the other characters I said, this is why she's only number 5 :pink_tongue: She's an awesome character, and I prefer by far this form than when she wears her Power Suit (her slowness... Gah).

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
Time for controversy... I hate Pikachu in these games with a passion... Down and B spamming is just so annoying when done against you, and the Up and B it has, whilst a good move, I can not master (don't tell me how, I know how, I just hate it with a passion)...

Now, Game and Watch on the other hand... Love his Down and B (really stops those using projectiles, and is awfully effective against Ness and Lucas if you intercept their Up and B as it can instantly fill the bucket if done right)

So, top 5... In reverse order

5. Snake (I love hiding mines randomly)
4. DeDeDe (for... Really stupid reasons linked to Brawlgasm...)
3. Luigi (Come on, I love this guy...)
2. Pwach (just because I can use her well, I feel)
1. Game and Watch (reasons stated above), as well as Diddy Kong (can't realy go wrong with Diddy)

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Banjora you hate Pikachu and you are therefore dead to me :P

But anyway, we have been given a few more details (well not really, more like hints of details - but hey, we'll take what we can get) about the upcoming Wii U game. Check it out here.

Basically for those who are lazy, it speaks a little about potential ideas for the control system and tells us that while there may be more third-party (i.e. non-Nintendo ala Snake and Sonic) characters introduced in the game, there won't be too many more because introducing too many non-Nintendo characters would take the focus out of the game... which I agree with.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
As long as they keep Snake I'm cool. Really the only 3rd party that I'm fine with.

It's nice to see they're done with the game system. That was pretty fast though, but knowing the Tekken and SC team they are always fast, so it's not all that surprising. Hope the game isn't rushed but comes out earlier than expected.

Anyway I was thinking, why not try putting existent characters in different categories based on their playstyle? It could get people interested in trying a character that suits their playstyle more. Kind of like...

Campers/Zoners:
Snake
Yoshi

Rushdown:
Meta Knight
Marth

Tanks:
Bowser
Ike

Primarily Aerial:
Wario
Jigglypuff

Primarily Ground:
Olimar
Donkey Kong

Etc etc. Of course character should not only be in one category, since Snake is also a ground fighter and a tank and Wario is rushdown. I'm studying each character to see what category to put them in but help is appreciated. (Haven't played for 2 months though.)

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
To clarify, I love Pikachu anywhere else, but in Brawl, the amount of people who spammed Thunder annoyed me so much....

That list looks interesting...
Campers/Zoners:
Snake
Yoshi

Rushdown:
Meta Knight
Marth

Tanks:
Bowser
Ike
Snake

Primarily Aerial:
Wario
Jigglypuff

Primarily Ground:
Olimar
Donkey Kong

I've only added one character to a bit I felt he deserved, as Snake can be a bit of a tanker depending on the situation.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Interesting Spino. Very good thinking for this list! So since its been nearly a week, I will include my 5 favorites..(Also re-arrange to put them in ABC order, to make it easier to read rather than being a random list):

Campers/Zoners:
Snake
Yoshi

Rushdown:
Fox
Marth
Meta Knight
Pikachu
Sonic

Tanks:
Bowser
Ike
Snake

Primarily Aerial:
Fox
Jigglypuff
Peach
Sonic
Wario

Primarily Ground:
Diddy Kong
Falco
Olimar

As you can see, I like to be fast & be in air at all times, that's my playstyle. There ya have it! Yes, I know I put Fox/Sonic in twice, but I do both & it was extremely hard to choose one & not the other. Really enjoy both of them a lot!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back