• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Watch out for Ghosts! (Everything must be Pokemon Related)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Cute starters and epic finals. That I agree with. Though anything I say about the starters specifically would be my opinion haha.

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
Years
Yus. Though some people's definition of epic differs. For example, I thought Tepig's final evo was...ugly. My friend however thought it was awesome!
Spoiler:

Nineray

Green Okido
Years
10. I was reading some venipedes origin on bulbipedia the other day and saw that it was based on a roli poli roughly. Same goes for all of its evolution. Actually they're based on the Pill Millipede I'm not sure if that counts as a Pill Bug although

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

I looked on bulbapedia myself. For Scolipede at least. Though I guess it's safe to say that Venipede is like a pillbug!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Well, the species is centipede Pokemon, but then again we do have Bidoof that looks like a beaver and is yet called the 'Plump Mouse' Pokemon.

Nineray

Green Okido
Years
14 Thats nintendo logic for you. Speaking of Nintendo logic Wooper can learn ice punch, shroomish can learn focus punch. Here's Yanmegas pokedex entry from heartgold

"This six-legged Pokémon is easily capable of transporting an adult in flight. The wings on its tail help it stay balanced." but it can't learn fly. How does that work?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Nintendo's logic is the best. Maybe pokemon that shouldn't know fly/surf/etc etc know it and nice versa haha.

Riku

Who cares to know, eh Bubbles?
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 22, 2021

What came to mind for me was related though and that's how Charizard in Gen I couldn't learn Fly. I still forget that even after all these years, and it always shocks me when I do remember. Why? idek.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

I've played the first generation, but I think I always used Pidgeot for my flying Pokemon. But that's not saying much since I never beat the elite four in R/B/Y

Nineray

Green Okido
Years
20 Same for me except for when i play emerald, i try to use Skarmory or Altaria but im to lazy to train them

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Last two generations I actually haven't been giving a team member fly. At least, not for Platinum, Soul Silver, and I think White as well?

Nineray

Green Okido
Years
23. Up until 5 minutes ago i thought that fly always had base power of 90 xD does anyone use Hm moves besides Surf and Fly. Strength I can never use despite the 80 base power...

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

I had better moves in mind? xD idk with Soul Silver I learned how to basically bike everywhere so there was no need for Fly or for Surf. And if I really needed so I would just go to the PC and take someone out and put them back when I'm done.

(And thank you! ♥)

Hrmm... I've used strength before but I don't recall using it in recent games either haha. Especially not in White when you don't need it at all in order to complete the game. Or any HM really.

Back