• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If you could create a type, what would it be?

Infernova

Simple Philosopher
Years
If you asked me, it would the "Light" type. Because I honestly don't really see how there can be a dark type without a light type.

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
I'll admit I always wanted to see either a Galaxy or Cosmic type. All those fancy space moves (save for Swift, which doesn't use real stars) seemed too special to be considered "normal".

A Cosmic type could also be the catch all for all things space and time, including dimensional distortion. Considering it already exists for the most part, why not separate it out into it's own type (hypothetical question, not looking for answers)?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Since a new type would probably affect all aspects of Pokemon (anime, TCG, games, etc) I'll move this to Pokemon General.

Years
  • Seen May 4, 2014
Nocturnal type. Yeah, interacting new types in live with the time of the day.

Years
I like the idea of a cosmic type.

I think there should be a specific type for man-made pokemon, although I don't know what I would call it. Just something that separates it from naturally occurring pokemon. This would be the likes of a Mewtwo or Genesect.

Years
  • Seen Dec 20, 2016
Jelly type would be cool. It could bounce back attacks and have cool abilities. Although Jellicent also seems to already be this way.

Years
  • Seen Oct 24, 2013
Mine would be Prehistoric Type. Why? Because I am into prehistory and it would be easier to identify fossil Pokemon.

Altair1

Willpower
Years
Cosmic, Light and Sound types mentioned sound like they would fit in, their resistances and weaknesses is beyond me though! ... I'm not very creative to come up with one myself ;P ... I've seen Wood, Gas, Air and Abnormal types in hacked games, I don't really think you can create another type without having it relate with all the existing ones, Rock and Ground types are the only similar ones I guess.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I like the idea of a Digital or Magic type. I've seen them suggested elsewhere before. I also like the sound of the sound type. (pun not intended)

Years
  • Age 23
  • No.
  • Seen May 1, 2014
Uhhh... Something weak against Normal?
Light type is a good idea, it would be good against dark imo.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
A silver type would be pretty cool:
- little less defence than steel
- same weaknesses
- effective against the same types as steel and also effective against ghost type pokemon

Also a sound type would be cool, but would have serious trouble against some specific Pokemon like Whismur.

Back