• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] ~Cursed Books: IC~ [PG-13]

optionalpirate

The GM's Daughter
Years
  • Seen Oct 29, 2013
It took all of Tristan's will to walk past the food.

Slowly but surely he passed the food vendors and began to walk through the other stalls, people selling soap and candles, honey and sweets, jewels and combs. It was spectacular. A soaking honey cake called out to him, begged him to buy it. Tristan would have, if he had money. Ah well, such is the life. His stomach rumbled. Turning into an alley, he ate his second scone, but it did little to fill him up. Coming back out, he headed to the food stalls.

Oh glord, that heavenly scent...

ooc: Tristan is waiting to find Arias' stall and try to steal acquire some food stuffs.

disciplish

supreme meme machine
Years
Iziel Arias​

"Arias!"

"Y-yeah?"

"We're ready!"

"You damn well better be! In a few minutes, this place'll be swarming!"

"Yessir!"

The cauldron with the shark fin soup had already been simmering for a few minutes as Arias had finally given the command to open the stand, the smell wavering into the air as many people came in. "Hey look!" Mario jumped proudly. "It's the Raul Village stand! They're known for their weapons and tools, but I've heard they're in decline."

"...." Arias stared long and hard. In decline, huh... They were a few stands away. Damn. If my ancestors heard that, I'd be long dead.

"What's wrong, 'Ziel?"

"...Nothing. If you go to the Raul Village stand, don't give away any signs that you're with me."

"...Alright!" Mario hurried off.

"Anton, you stay with me, in case."

"In case what?"

"I don't know. In case something comes off. And remember, if I-"

"If anything happens, I get the restaurant, I get it."

"Good." Iziel had been even more worried after looking into the book. Power Break. It knows everything that's happened so far, and... He looked at it again. It absolutely writes itself. That's some new stuff, me coming to the festival, setting up... All new. It's like an innovation, but that's impossible, even with our technology that we have now... maybe it's superhuman? Magical, even. Iziel let out a soft chuckle. Magical, huh. But it isn't of much consequence, right? It's not like it's foretelling my death, anyways. I wonder what happens if I do enough to fill it? Yeah... that's probably not a bad idea!

As he began to holler for customers along with Anton, who passed out food, and Mario, who oogled at other stands, he knew what he was going to do with the book- but he had no idea what the book was going to do to him.

Last edited:

optionalpirate

The GM's Daughter
Years
  • Seen Oct 29, 2013
Mmm. That soup smells so good... Tristan practically glided to Iziel's stand. When no one was looking, he took a sample with his clean finger. Hey, how'd that spoon get there? To late he reacted. Well, not really. He actually missed. The spoon hit the pot and landed on the table, making more noise than he liked.

Ooc: pretty good mobile post, if I do say so myself.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
SHIRO
The Heavenly Quiet Protector

Yovo Shore Campsite
x
CHAPTER I,
Part IV:

"Chasing a Rumor"

"I have some knowledge in survival and know how to handle crops. I can defend myself when I need to; except when facing much larger numb- OOF!"

"S-sorry...!" Shiro mumbled as she quickly stood and took a backward leap, landing on a newly spawned shield a few feet off of the ground, sitting quietly with a look of defeat and embarrassment. "I..." She knew they would expect a reason for her appearance, the fact that she was watching them from the trees, but she knew speaking was not her strong suit. It looked like she'd have to speak anyway, so she pondered the right words. She sort of jumped back into attention when she realized she'd thought about it for several seconds, leaving a long and awkward silence. "Um..." She started, trying to think of the right words as she spoke. "I left on a rumor... I want to stop the war... I heard there was a group looking to do that, so I came searching..." She looked rather timid and startled at this point, forcing herself into an uncomfortable mindset that required her to speak to these people. "If you are the rumored group, I'd like to..." She felt herself fluster, and she fidgeted in place, forcing herself to keep going. "I... I would like to join..." She finally spat out, before closing her eyes and lowering her head as she waited for a response.

disciplish

supreme meme machine
Years
Iziel Arias
"Urchin!"

"Why you little street urchin, you-"

"Anton."

"I should make you-"

"Anton..."

"This is unacceptable of the youth of Yovo to even consider-"

"ANTON!"

Iziel glared at his assistant chef. "You're over reacting." Wiping off his clean white apron, he grabbed the thief from the back of the collar and looked him in the eyes. "Look, kid." They're not as heavy as I remember! "I don't care if you're giving me sil for that or not, but..." He picked up the ladle. "I'm going to need some form of payment. I've been in your shoes before, but still. I ain't dealing with someone who doesn't respect my food." He sighs. "You're going to help me with this stand. If you help me the entire day, you get some of the leftovers. Deal?"

"'Ziel, you're being to easy on 'im! Should turn him in or something."

"No reason to." You look at the kid. "...As long as you help me, of course. And if not..." His eyebrows furrowed inwards. "We're going to have some problems, okay?" He set him at the back of the booth. "Call for people to come here, and you get payment. Run off, you get squat."

Anton leaned over afterwards and whispered into Iziel's ear. "Doesn't that book that he has look like yours?" He was referring to the book that seemed to be in the possesion of the young man, now slightly visible.

"No... it seems like there's a different title, or at least from here." Iziel sighs. "I'll ask him later," he whispers back, before returning and serving some of the soup to the various people passing by, now that someone else had taken his job- gratefully. He wasn't happy about the circumstances, but you did what you needed to. Anton passed out burgers, as usual. And Mario was at some random stand.

Years
Ura stands over her out of surprise as the sun dawns behind him slowly. "Looks like we won't be getting any sleep..." He replies to Cad and Calci who was yawning as Ura looked over at Shiro. Talos looked at Shiro and sighed. "It's not our decision to make, it's Ur-" "She can come aboard." Talos was cut off as he hovered over her, his mask twitching. "Though I should correct her, were not stopping a war, were stopping a villainous human being with a book that can cause a lot of trouble. Killing him however may stop the war; but it will be left up to Diligent and Twan to make peace before they buckle down to old habits; habits I hope our extra over here will learn from to become a better king to prevent it." Ura stated, staring at Calci. "Cad, take lead, we are heading west towards the village, we'll make our recruitment's and get some sleep."

As the group started left, Talos looked at Ura with a worried expression. "Well, we found another carrier, can you tell us anything about the books now?" Ura chuckles a little and remained silent. After walking a few feet he began to speak. "The books you carry were crafted by man. They originated from a city called Obelisk in the country of Cri, a continent far west of Yovo not recorded to your current maps." Talos was stunned to think there was more land out there than the three countries he currently knew, though Ura held up his hand. "When we gather more users, I'll tell your the rest of the story and history to your books."

optionalpirate

The GM's Daughter
Years
  • Seen Oct 29, 2013
ooc: Ooooooooooooooo....

"Shark-fin soup! Fresh and hot!" Tristan yelled, his right hand cupped around his mouth. His other hand was waving frantically in the air. He knew he could run, but...

"Shark-fin soup!" He hollered again. Man, that had tasted good. Plus, this was the best offer he had gotten all week! Then again, he had been on a boat for part of that time. His stomach hurt just thinking about it. Well, hurt more than usual.

Lokiepie

ooh...Cake!
Years

Skye Miller

Skye gave another polite smile and put down her spoon with a gentle clink. Outstretching her hand, she grasped the boy's in a hand shake Bill had shown her, for this sort of greeting was not carried out between gentleman and ladies, though regardless she found herself warming to the welcome, after all, not everything was in manners and position.

"Skye, Skye Miller" She grinned that smile of hers, allowing it to reach her eyes and warm her expression. It was a genuine sign of happiness and not one commonly seen on her face. Skye then unfurled her hands from the boy's and placed her elbows on the table as she cradled her chin in one hand. "Do you really think we will meet others who are in the same situation as we are? As in all honestly, I was under the impression I had been the only one approached with this contract."

She gave another smile and chuckled at herself for how silly she must sound. Of course it would not have only been her. Of course there were others. Other whom would understand what was happening better than her. She needed to meet them. that was a fact, but how she would find these people she did not know. Nate had found her after all, and that was through nothing but chance. Perhaps other encounters would be much the same?

"So Nate. What does the Group known as The Full Moon do exactly? Are you traders?" She asked out of innocence really, though the name did intrigued her slightly. Such a strange boy and so young too to be travelling by himself with a group. Perhaps they were traders or entertainer's. But then as these possibilities trickled by, she found herself finding them less and less possible. There was something odd about the boy opposite her that she couldn't quite put her finger on.

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
"Do you really think we will meet others who are in the same situation as we are? As in all honestly, I was under the impression I had been the only one approached with this contract," Skye says with a dim posture, one used for friendly conversations. I think it's clear that I've put my point across, besides, so far all these little tingly predictions have been correct. I wouldn't tell her about my random chance future readings, for that may cause a few issues of abnormality, which of course I preferred not to cause, although I would definitely like to know why I get these feelings.

"So Nate. What does the Group known as The Full Moon do exactly? Are you traders?" The sentence makes me smile for an unknown reason. I would rather not tell her up front and say we are bottom line assassins, that also may cause trouble, and I feel I'll be seeing a lot of Skye that I don't want a false impression left. Perhaps something simple like, just a group of friends that travel together, but sometimes we do a bit of illegal trading - that way if I was ever to reveal my true identity it wouldn't be too much of a shock. I say the exact thing to her, however during the last sector of the sentence I lean forward for a whisper. I smile afterwards, letting her know it's a friendly gesture, and perhaps she may even take it as a joke. My innocent smile and squeaky voice is enough to let every bad thing about me pass by the window.

"Do you plan to stay for the festival, I wouldn't at all mind the company during the times. Besides, you look a bit lost here in Yovo. May I ask you something as well - do you perchance come from Hummo?" There goes my tingly predictions again.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
SHIRO

Yovo Shore Campsite
x
CHAPTER I,
Part V:

"Chasing a Rumor"

"Looks like we won't be getting any sleep..."

"It's not our decision to make, it's Ur-"

"She can come aboard. Though I should correct her, we're not stopping a war, were stopping a villainous human being with a book that can cause a lot of trouble. Killing him however may stop the war; but it will be left up to Diligent and Twan to make peace before they buckle down to old habits; habits I hope our extra over here will learn from to become a better king to prevent it. Cad, take lead, we are heading west towards the village, we'll make our recruitment's and get some sleep."

"Well, we found another carrier, can you tell us anything about the books now?"

"The books you carry were crafted by man. They originated from a city called Obelisk in the country of Cri, a continent far west of Yovo not recorded to your current maps. When we gather more users, I'll tell your the rest of the story and history to your books."

Shiro followed up behind the group, listening intently. So... That guy knows a lot about these books, and what's going on... And that guy is supposed to take the evil man's place as king...? Shiro was admittedly very curious, but her difficulty with speaking to others left her silent in the back of the group. She had so many questions, yet her own faults left her without answers. Still, she felt she had to introduce herself in some way. "M-my name is Shiro, I come from a small village on the west side of Yovo, and I can make shields like you saw before... I also have another book that lets me heal people..."

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Cad Varnish: Mercenary Extraordinaire
Catching Up to Others

Cad wasn't so sure about their little visitor, but like one of the other two had said before, it's Ura's say that matters. He was merely hired muscle. He humphed and scanned the little girl. She seemed to be a tiny little thing. Quite timid really. But she seemed intent on helping them out. "Fine. She can come with us." He looked to his small-ish group. "The second any of you, other than Ura and Calci, end up failing me, there will be consequences." He chuckled evilly. "Physical punishment." Cad missed the life of a general, making his other troops run almost endlessly, doing strenuous exercises, and making them carry things...Those were the good old days. He looked to Ura with a hint of seriousness. "I have to rules that I've been using in my units: Rule 1, you're no good to me dead. Rule 2..." He looked to the other two. "Eh, what does it matter anyways?" He spat on the ground to the left of him. "They'll both probably end up dead anyways. This is a fool's quest."

With that, Cad broke forward towards the West, as Ura had asked. This Talos kid is little more than an inventive farmer...That little girl is a little girl. There can't be more than meets the eye. He drew the Buster Blade from its hilt on his shoulder and began to twirl it around in thought, cutting down branches and removing weeds from the walkway. This really is a fool's errand. If he wasn't paying me so well, I'd have left by now. This better work...I'm tired of that little punk being in charge. He smirked and looked behind him, yelling out, "Hey, Ura! Not all of us are in this for the countries." He spat and looked to the others. "I'm here for the money, and as long as you keep churning it out, I'll stand by your side." He held the six foot blade above his head. "You know what?" He brought the blade down and stuck it in the ground. "This might be fun."

Years
Talos's eyes narrow looking at the confident mercenary. Is he always full of himself? He shrugs it off as Ura turns around to face Cad. "Stay on the mission, you'll have enough to buy your own island. Besides, when we start our operations in Diligent, you'll get plenty more your way." The masked man turned back around as the village came into view and the sun rose as the early morning festivities began. The small town was filled with life and the harvest festival was slowly getting into gear. The group enters into the village as he turns to Cad and Talos. "Training mission, we need to find others carrying books like our own. Look around for anyone either confused or nervous as if they feel like they are out of place. It may not look it, but there must be some time since a few carriers have been able to develop some of their own powers; even their curses. Look for anything out of place that doesn't seem to fit. We'll meet over at the cafe in a few hours. Calci, Shiro, your with me. Were going to search for some Diligent travelers and gather some information; gather clues and see what Ovan's next move is, maybe see if we can locate other book carriers." As Calci and Shiro walk off, Ura turns and walks over to Cad, giving him a knife in a sheath.

"Teach him how to fight close combat somewhere in town; he will need a refresher after his farm life... or in his terms; scholars life. Just be sure he's ready. If you try to make it look like a street act, you may get a little coin." Ura walked off to catch up with the rest of the group. Talos dug into his bag and pulled out his tool belt from his workshop and secured it around his waist and he ditched his college jacket into his bag. Where are we going to find a book carrier in this mess?
Calci, Ura and Shiro reach an inn as Ura turns to them both. "The objective is simple, look for diligent, gather information such as if there are any people of importance here in Yovo for the festival and any events on the war. I suspect Ovan has already made his move, though we need to know where before he executes it."

optionalpirate

The GM's Daughter
Years
  • Seen Oct 29, 2013
Tristan was completely into this now, seeing as it was this or die of boredom. At the current moment, he had one hand cupped around his mouth, the other waving in the air, and was standing on one foot. "Shark-fin sou-wah!" He cried as he suddenly pitched forward, book slipping into the open. Tristan landed on his face. He picked up the book, tucked it under his shirt, and scrambled back to his seat, panting.

After a few seconds, he was good. "Shark-fin soup! Nice and hot!"

disciplish

supreme meme machine
Years
Iziel Arias
"Anton, you need to calm down."

"Stop being so-"

"Anton."

"You have to stand like this-"

"Anton."

"And if there's anything in the soup-"

"Anton, you need to calm down."

"Eh?"

"He's doing his job well now, okay? But wait a moment... Can you stop calling passengers for a second? It wouldn't be good if anyone found a piece of paper in their soup, eh?" Iziel looked into the cauldron as the soup bubbled fiercely. "Can't see it too well..." He put on a pair of orange gloves, and tipped the cauldron of soup a bit to look into it. "Hm, nothing in it. You could've bumped into it though, so be more careful." He removed the gloves. "Keep up the good work, and we'll have a feast at the end!"

"Do we really want to have so much leftov-"

"Anton, stop. Serve food. That is your job."

"And how did you lift that even it wasn't by-"

"Anton, maybe I'm just feeling a bit stronger today?"

"But-"

"C'mon now." Anton sighed, but he was loyal to the bitter end and served to the many passerby.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
SHIRO

Yovo Shore Campsite
x
CHAPTER I,
Part VI:

"Chasing a Rumor"

"The objective is simple, look for diligent, gather information such as if there are any people of importance here in Yovo for the festival and any events on the war. I suspect Ovan has already made his move, though we need to know where before he executes it."

Shiro frowned quietly. "I..." She started. She looked to the masked man with somewhat of a discontented agony on her face. "I'm not good with talking... To people..." She sighed, gazing awkwardly out across the inn. It had a fair share of customers and the like all doing their own things, and even the sight of so much social interaction was enough to send Shiro into an inward panic, visually noticeable by her slight tremble. "M-maybe I can do something else instead...?"

Years
Ura chuckled and glared at her. "Afraid not. You carry two books, so that means I have to put you through twice the work to assist you in completing them." The masked man took her by the hand and dragged her into the Inn as Calci followed behind the two. Walking in and closing the door behind them into the loud and obnoxious crowd; Ura scans the bar scape and lets her go. "Shiro, talk to the waitresses, they may have picked up a few big tips from our neighboring noblemen. Calci, check with the inn keeper." calci looked at Ura as he took a seat at a table. "What do you plan to do Ura?" the man chuckled as he sat back. "Start a fight. I warn you, you may wanna get out of here in 30 minutes." Calci paused a moment as he dashed from Ura's table and started looking. A waitress approaches Shiro with a smile. "Can I get you anything hun?" She asks, puling out a notebook and pen.

Cad and Talos walk the streets until they come onto the urchin shouting "Shark fin- WAH!" Talos took notice as the kid fell foward, revealing his book before landing on it. Talos tapped Cad's shoulder and pointed to the street urchin as he scrabbled to get his book. "There. Another book carrier... Or it looks like it... He was scrambling to get his book." Talos glanced at the powerful general with a smirk. "Snatch and run like you did me? Or do we talk to him?"

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
SHIRO

Yovo Inn
x
CHAPTER II,
Part I:

"Rough Start"

"Afraid not. You carry two books, so that means I have to put you through twice the work to assist you in completing them. Shiro, talk to the waitresses, they may have picked up a few big tips from our neighboring noblemen. Calci, check with the inn keeper." Shiro looked at the masked man with a mixture of disgust and distrust as he gripped her wrist closely. Almost immediately after, though, a waitress came up to her.

"Can I get you anything hun?" he pulled out a pen and paper, assumedly waiting to take an order.

"E-em-- no... I... uhm....." Shiro flustered. Why was she stuck with the hardest job? Couldn't they tell that she couldn't speak? And what did it have to do with filling the books either way? She almost forgot what she was supposed to do, and added "um..." to stall for a moment so she could remember. "I... Have you... Heard anything interesting lately...?" She felt herself paling. She was sure there were other things to do that wouldn't require talking. She started to wonder if the masked man made her do it specifically because he knew she was terrible with speech.

Years
"Well, I heard a king from Diligent is coming into town to enjoy the festivities. Howev-" The waitresses was cut short when a man trips into another man, spilling his beer onto a group of men sitting at a table playing poker. The men from the table get up and attempt to hurt the other until 2 of the slipped on the beer spill and fell over a few sailors. The sea men stood up witht heir muscles bulging as they punched and started the brawl. The entire pub was in an uproar, smashing things from left and right as a shadowy figure comes up behind Shiro, covering her mouth and dragging her out of the pub; pushing her into a cage and began to make an attempt to leave town.

Ura chuckled as Calci approached him, ducking under several men. "WHY DID YOU DO THIS!?" Ura laughed as he made his way out. "To force the book users to reveal him or herself! This is a perfect opportunity to-" Ura paused at the entrance and looked around, his laughter ending before looking out. "Where's Shiro?" Calci looked back into the bar and back to Ura. "I don't see he-" "Find her. She could be in trouble."

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
Before Nate even had much of a chance to listen to the women's reply, and uproar in the pub begun, smashing mugs and thrashing about, The uproar was enough to convince Nate that it was time to leave. With a quick move, Nate got up, said thanks for the chat, and escaped the crowds in time. He leaned against the wall outside, sighing, for the crowd had almost caused some kind of fear within him. After a few moments, he ended up walking into town, trying to avoid thinking of the situation.

Nate walked, his book wide open, through town, not too sure where he was going, when he came upon a scene.
"Shark fin-wah!" A boy screamed, before collapsing on the floor. Nate shut his book, anticipating the movements of the men behind the boy.

He walked over to the stall, attempting to snoop on the conversation, and his intentions unknown. perhaps he could learn something about The King and where he would be staying, who knows what information you can find staring at celery.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
SHIRO

Yovo Inn > Yovo Streets
x
CHAPTER II,
Part II:

"Rough Start"

Shiro screamed in shocked surprise when she was grabbed and dragged off, though it was muffled entirely by the assailant's hand as she was practically kidnapped in the bar ruckus and dragged out the back. She was tossed into a black metal cage and locked in immediately. She couldn't see any of her captor's features either, as he or she was wearing all black and well-concealed clothing. She felt as though the person was male by physical shape and physique, but she wasn't going to make any assumptions. She looked around wildly, quickly taking notice of a long metal chain, one end hooked to the cage, and the other to... A horse? Shiro's eyes widened and she immediately gripped the iron bars to keep herself from banging up against the cage.

Just in time, too, as the Horse had just started moving. The movement sped up in a short moment or two, and she found herself being rattled about anyway, as even the cage was losing control and literally bouncing and rolling on the hard streets, causing a lot of clanging and loud noises as the man led his horse down the already bustling streets. Shiro was panicked and alert, and hadn't gotten this far without some bruises and injuries. She had an idea, but she had to make sure no one was in the way, so while being thrashed about in the cage, she kept a watchful eye on the streets. Once she saw a section of street where no one was close enough, she reached out above her (toward the top of the cage, where the chain was attached) and spawned a bright magical shield, which completely severed the chain. The cage bounced a time or two more before sliding to a stop right in front of the stall, and her shield despawned right after.

Shiro felt her body tremble, full of adrenaline and shock. She spawned a shield at the edge of her cage, splitting it open, and she slowly crawled out after the shield vanished. Blood dribbled from her lip, and bruises were forming on her arms, legs, and head. She stood up unsteadily, sliding her book back into the satchel-like bag she had at her side. Shortly after, though, she dropped back onto her knees, still stunned, injured, and dizzy from the experience.

Back