• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Do Exist (In a Parallel Universe)

Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu

Yep, that's me
Years
Pokemon more then likely exist in a parallel universe, where the laws of physics allow for Pokemon.

It just seems logical to me that there SHOULD be real Pokemon out there in a parallel universe - but just too far for us to reach.

And it's not far-fetched to wonder if they exist in this universe. Any kind of life that could exist should exist, just imagine for a second about how big the universe is, you can't tell me that we are alone on our small round blue ball.

m31_hallas2.jpg

When i was doing my Diploma in Chemical Science we did a paper on basic psychics where I read this exact sentence:

Current developments in quantum theory state there are more then just our one and only universe. Countless parallel universes where everything that could, did or did not happen in this universe occurred in another universe. These parallel universes could be just like ours, but where something is a little bit different I.E the RGB primary could be CYM (Cyan yellow magenta), or could be a lot different where Hydrogen does not fuse into Helium and there are no stars or life or nuclear fusion stops at atomic number 3 (Lithium)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
I thought about that a lot, actually. If there's an infinite number of parallel universes, then there's infinite chance that everything that you can (or can't) imagine will happen, or has already happened.

So... what's the plan to get there xD

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
No matter how infinite, I don't think a world closely resembling Pokemon is likely to exist naturally. In that case, it is not a matter of environment, but technology. Pokemon are shown to be teleported across the world through PCs, which is not possible even with quantum entanglement unless they can be created instantaneously using some sort of data (which means they are not naturally occuring lifeforms). Pokemon like the creation trio can also be ruled out easily, so can anything related to Psychic-types.

If it's a world like Pokemon you seek, something like Google Glass + AR generated Pokemon/battlefields shared between multiple people anyone? I honestly think that could happen in the near future.

If you disregard things like psychic and ghost types, the ability to communicate with humans, legendaries controlling nature, flashy attacks and the technology of the Pokemon world (none of which, besides communication, can exist naturally), it's pretty much Earth TBH.

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
No matter how infinite, I don't think a world closely resembling Pokemon is likely to exist naturally. In that case, it is not a matter of environment, but technology. Pokemon are shown to be teleported across the world through PCs, which is not possible even with quantum entanglement unless they can be created instantaneously using some sort of data (which means they are not naturally occuring lifeforms). Pokemon like the creation trio can also be ruled out easily, so can anything related to Psychic-types.

If it's a world like Pokemon you seek, something like Google Glass + AR generated Pokemon/battlefields shared between multiple people anyone? I honestly think that could happen in the near future.

If you disregard things like psychic and ghost types, the ability to communicate with humans, legendaries controlling nature, flashy attacks and the technology of the Pokemon world (none of which, besides communication, can exist naturally), it's pretty much Earth TBH.

That may be true for Pokemon in our universe, but not in alternate parallel universes. For all we know their transport across space rapidly is as basic to them as fire is to us, because of how their universe is created.

Either way though I think it's not really worth putting too much thought into - what's the use of coming to the conclusion that in a universe we can't reach, something is happening that's cool but we can't see or participate in?

Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu

Yep, that's me
Years

Very nice reply what you said does make sense. But a parallel universe might have different laws of psychics that allow for all of this (just my view).

Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2013
One thing's almost certain: If Pokemon existed in real life as they did in the game, there would be way more sanctions on competitive battling. That, or the moves would be way less exaggerated than they appear in-game (obviously, considering the video game is for entertainment) and certain Pokemon would be restricted.

That is, what would the fine line be between actually making a Pokemon faint and killing them? Would Pikachu know every time to channel a specific amount of voltage that would make a Blastoise merely faint over sending it into a coma or death? One slip up and there would be an outcry of animal/Pokemon cruelty across the nation.

Think of how angry parents blame violent crimes on video games with mature themes. Now apply that to real live Pokemon battling and its inherent aggressive nature and you can imagine the headache you'd have to go through just for being involved with such a thing.

Years
Actually if you go into the physics of the pokemon world you cannot kill a pokemon as they are pure energy as stated when you look into how a pokeball works so you can't kill a pokemon just as you can't kill energy this would also explain how instantaneous travel possible if you're not actually moving a physical form but just energy. Therefore there would be no restrictions as the pokemon can't be damaged meaning that HP is most likely their will to fight. This energy that they are made of would also allow the existence of psychic pokemon.

Back