• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Inserting "original songs" into Sappy

xGal

Mhm
Years
Hey!

Welcome to my tutorial on inserting "original songs" into Sappy!

First of all, what do I meant by "original songs"? Original songs, for me at least, is to insert a new song into the game - no remixes, no "music stealing" from another game, just... original.

If you are looking for a tutorial on inserting songs from DS, follow gogo's tutorial: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=301027.

Okay, let's start!

PART 1: COMPOSING THE SONG

Spoiler:

PART 2: LOOPING

Spoiler:

PART 3: INSERTING THE SONG

Spoiler:

PART 4 (OPTIONAL): BREAKING THE LIMITS

Spoiler:

Well, we're kinda done!

Credits:
Jambo51 - DirectSound limit extending and helping me making great music (even though he doesn't like GBA music)...

SSJSonic21 - Helping me with music hacking.

Team Fail - Looping!!!!!!

ipatix

Sound Expert
Years
I doubt that the voice limit of Ruby and Sapphite is only 7 because this trick actually works with any game that uses the Nintendo Sound Driver (except if the game automatically overrides these values and ignores those like Golden Sun does).

The only thing that might happen is ingame lag (the game will drastically slow down at some parts).

The_Show

Banned
Years
What do you mean? Ingame or sappy?

Well, in Sappy, you have to change some of your new tracks to directsound, multi, or drum. If you don't the track may never be able to play. And then you have to go in and import your wav files so your specific tracks can play the right instruments.

^ what I gathered from gogo. I'm just wondering whether I'm correct or not.

xGal

Mhm
Years
Well, in Sappy, you have to change some of your new tracks to directsound, multi, or drum. If you don't the track may never be able to play. And then you have to go in and import your wav files so your specific tracks can play the right instruments.

^ what I gathered from gogo. I'm just wondering whether I'm correct or not.

Well I didn't plan this to be a part of this tutorial. You should follow GoGo's tutorial for inserting custom WAVs.

Back