• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokémon Uranium (NEW DEMO 4.0 RELEASED!!!)

Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2020
The new thread looks really awesome, JV! :D Totally shows off the cool new features of the latest build of the game. Though, you might want to mention that the GTS, Virtual Trainer battle and Nuzlocke mode aren't present in v3.1.1, because otherwise people who play the latest beta expecting to have those features might be disappointed.

Also, for the section with the starters, the heading says "Koen Region Starters" rather than Tandor region :P

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
The new thread looks really awesome, JV! :D Totally shows off the cool new features of the latest build of the game. Though, you might want to mention that the GTS, Virtual Trainer battle and Nuzlocke mode aren't present in v3.1.1, because otherwise people who play the latest beta expecting to have those features might be disappointed.

Also, for the section with the starters, the heading says "Koen Region Starters" rather than Tandor region :P

Fixed it!

Also, I forgot to mention in the update post, I never updated the OP with the most recent beta until now. So, those who are only here on PC, be sure to check out the demo 3.1.1! It's really good, I promise! (check the OP for more details)

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Well I wanted to know and see this "wonder trade", I have no idea what that is... So saying you have it, because GenVI does, means nothing to me... Also, I am disappointed to find out that these new additions aren't in your v3.1.1, because I just spent 10 minutes going through the beginning... Now I don't think I want to continue, because it just turned out the be the same as any other demo I can download around here... Those 3 additions are what lured me in and you tricked me :( .

I like your "press start" screen, I assume parallel processes came in handy here ;) I have done something similar in my new game and that's how I did that sort of thing... Unless you have GIF's working, which I doubt.

I did have a moment where I got confused though... When you get your first Pokémon and all the starters are flashing, I thought my game crashed because nothing was happening, I didn't know I had to press something to continue, maybe add something to let people know... And in the same part, is your rival the prof.'s son or something... He calls him pops, but the prof. doesn't know who he is... Then the prof. asks me if I remembered this kid when he doesn't even realize he has a son... You also have a problem in one of you first sentences in the game, I noticed it but never told myself to remember where it was, sorry.

I like all the graphical things though.

Your menu seems like it blends in to the background, I don't know if it's coincidental that I looked at it when the city is the same colors but I couldn't really see it, I also didn't realize items were missing from it, because as I just said, I couldn't see it.

So far so good though.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
Well I wanted to know and see this "wonder trade", I have no idea what that is... So saying you have it, because GenVI does, means nothing to me... Also, I am disappointed to find out that these new additions aren't in your v3.1.1, because I just spent 10 minutes going through the beginning... Now I don't think I want to continue, because it just turned out the be the same as any other demo I can download around here... Those 3 additions are what lured me in and you tricked me :( .

I like your "press start" screen, I assume parallel processes came in handy here ;) I have done something similar in my new game and that's how I did that sort of thing... Unless you have GIF's working, which I doubt.

I did have a moment where I got confused though... When you get your first Pokémon and all the starters are flashing, I thought my game crashed because nothing was happening, I didn't know I had to press something to continue, maybe add something to let people know... And in the same part, is your rival the prof.'s son or something... He calls him pops, but the prof. doesn't know who he is... Then the prof. asks me if I remembered this kid when he doesn't even realize he has a son... You also have a problem in one of you first sentences in the game, I noticed it but never told myself to remember where it was, sorry.

I like all the graphical things though.

Your menu seems like it blends in to the background, I don't know if it's coincidental that I looked at it when the city is the same colors but I couldn't really see it, I also didn't realize items were missing from it, because as I just said, I couldn't see it.

So far so good though.

In the OP, just after the features it mentions now that there are no online features on the demos. Well, this game has a demo way lenghtier than the average here and the quality of the game is really good. Also a full gen of nice looking fakemon. You'll have to wait for these functionalities though.

Wonder Trade is the gen6 random trading, where you send a pokémon that is received by a random person then gets a random pokémon as well in return. Pretty fun stuff...

MysteriousUser94

Did the exe was build with gcc ?
Spoiler:

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
Same for F-Secure.
Did the exe was build with gcc ?
Spoiler:

I'm aware that some AVs, mainly the picky ones result in that. In the game FAQ there are explanations for why that happens to some RMXP games and the most likely causes of this. Again, I'm SURE the game has no real viruses or any threats to your PC, dozens of thousands of peopla already played it.

MysteriousUser94

I was just confirming what Renko (Reference) was saying ^^'
I just add the question "Was it build with GCC ?" because GCC build a lot of false positive.

I've already build personnal exe that are directly injecting code inside the RGSS and my AV never said anything about my exe, so its a matter of what the developper did in its program, if the code is very dirty its normal that some AV are ringing bells x)

Spoiler:

I won't turn off my AV, last time I did that it was for Touhou 14 and my AV was right, the game just crashed when it could run :d

Last edited:

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
This game gave my computer a virus. Please put up a clean link or something.

While I cannot speak for you, I must say it is not true, as I have tried it and it appears to be a false positive. That and he has said it is a false positive many many times. I can say with just about complete certainty it is not a virus, and that you did not get one (at least not from him)

Years
While I cannot speak for you, I must say it is not true, as I have tried it and it appears to be a false positive. That and he has said it is a false positive many many times. I can say with just about complete certainty it is not a virus, and that you did not get one (at least not from him)

It's probably Avast or other anti-virus program just thinking it's a virus. I got multiplayer games on my pc multiple times scanned as a virus, despite millions of people using them without any sight of it for example.

MysteriousUser94

@Iamyou1234 : It's not really a virus, it's just because the game use a SQL API every 0.025 seconds so your AV detect the game as a Bot Virus. (You won't have problem I think).

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
After a long time without making any videos of the game here we go. This trailer showcases most of the updates I posted here and in our other websites! I guess a video is better to show off our cool stuff.

Also be sure to check our new website, it's a hub to all Uranium related media like our wiki, forums and tumblr. Also the download links are there.

www.pokemonuranium.com

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years

Hao

The Spirit King
Years
Unfortunately my virus protection isn't letting me play the game. I use AVG and it keeps on telling me it's a Trojan (Even though I know it's not) and won't let me start up the game ;c

Gexeys

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 16, 2015
Unfortunately my virus protection isn't letting me play the game. I use AVG and it keeps on telling me it's a Trojan (Even though I know it's not) and won't let me start up the game ;c

AVG > Tools > Advanced Settings > PUP Exceptions > Add Exception > Select the game

I'm really looking forward to playing this, the effect and the dedication (to Yuoaman) has really shown through! Looking great.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
There is a way as genes mentioned.
Check out the forums for the most up to date info about the game, new fakemon, and more! Check out the new website as well.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
Hey guys, just stopping by to say that development is still going on in the game! (Got some PMs/emails asking that). In fact we are getting closer and closer to the full release. As you can see in the OP it will be amazing. Also, Twitchy has finished frontsprites of all non-legendary pokémon, you can check them out in our forums or wiki (that is getting more and more complete everyday). You can see other awesome stuff there too.

Edit: Here is a sugi art of our start trio for your pleasure!

2eztyxz.png

Last edited:

Florio

Pokemon Crimson Skies Owner
Years
Wow, this game is going to be godlike. I remember playing the first demo you released, back in late 2009.

The Wonder Trade System and the GTS sound like they will be amazing and unique features. Will there be a random match up system for battles? It would be even better if there was a friends list, and battles with friends were multi-battle compatible.

But overall, can't wait to play it. I will definitely play upon full release.

Back